Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Cool5 for best NL designer

Cool5 for best NL designer

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Cool5 for best NL designer

Cool5 is the best NL designer by far
23%
Cool5 isn't the best NL designer
77%

Total votes : 39

Post March 5th, 2011, 10:24 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Over the years cool5 has provided alot of good tracks and Jet coasters with great shaping. but is he the best? Lets find out.

Post March 5th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
His posts were funny for a time frame of approximately 2 minutes.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post March 5th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
I don't think he's the BEST designer of all time. He's accurate though. But you gotta consider other things like creativity and uniqueness, and if you don't count those, what about skill? Sure a realistic Jet Coaster takes skill, but what about the FEW realistic Intamins and B&M's? Do those not require any skill?

Post March 5th, 2011, 10:42 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Originally posted by AJClarke0912

I don't think he's the BEST designer of all time. He's accurate though. But you gotta consider other things like creativity and uniqueness, and if you don't count those, what about skill? Sure a realistic Jet Coaster takes skill, but what about the FEW realistic Intamins and B&M's? Do those not require any skill?
Im sure it requires some skill. i myself gave up on my jet coaster because i lost interest and had lack of imagination for such coasters.

Post March 5th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,999.00 Points
Cool5 may not be the best but he certainly isn't the worst. I'd put him right up there near the top. Those names he gives his coasters like to blow my mind!
Trackwalker

Post March 6th, 2011, 2:31 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
cool5 is a master at classic woodies. He is a very good designer. I would put him in the top 5. I don't have a "best" designer, but 5 top ones.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 6th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points
Maybe he would make the cut if I had a top 30 list. His tracks never impress me and the best designer cant also be one of the most annoying members. There's also so many other great designers (dcs, AyTrane, A113, bob, LeFLO) on this site that you cant really label one as the best. Even though I can narrow the All-Time greats down to Wing-Over and dcs221 I still cant pick one. Cool5 has a long way to go until he breaks into the elite group but i could see him getting there.

Post March 6th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points
Originally posted by HazBruv

His posts were funny for a time frame of approximately 2 minutes.

Same with me.

Originally posted by SupraSix

Maybe he would make the cut if I had a top 30 list. His tracks never impress me and the best designer cant also be one of the most annoying members. There's also so many other great designers (dcs, AyTrane, A113, bob, LeFLO) on this site that you cant really label one as the best. Even though I can narrow the All-Time greats down to Wing-Over and dcs221 I still cant pick one. Cool5 has a long way to go until he breaks into the elite group but i could see him getting there.

I think the exact same thing. I think that cool5 is good. But no were as good as alot of others. Although he's probrably the best at making Jet Coasters.
Don't underestimate the power of Knex

Return to Off Topic Discussion