Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Copy Cats

Copy Cats

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 19th, 2005, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

I thought I would have a go at a topic since in my terms is ages since I made one.

Right well I was studying the differnece between a Pinfari Crazy Loop and the Indiana Jones ride in Paris to find apart from a slightly bigger drop there was practically no differnece at all. To add to this Disney Imaginers claim to have come up with the track and everything else from scratch! I mean ok so thats not too big they might have the same idea but come on the brakes are in the exact same spots, there are the same amount of trains and the headbanging is almost unbearable!!!

My other point is that most members on this site seem to like Intamin alot! So why would Intamin need to copy and rubbishy Pinfari ride? I mean Pinfari are like the worst in the trade!

So I mean what do you think?

Also does anyone know any other cases like this?

Post October 19th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Well since Indiana Jones is primarily a ride designed for the younger generation i would expect Intamin did their research and found that type to be most popular with children. You wouldn't get a 6 year old kid on Storm Runner would you. The look of the coaster can say alot about the ride. Take Oblivion for example, the track guage is simply huge and therefore intimidates its riders. If you have a nice thin track like a pinifari ride, the rider will feel more at ease with the ride, they aren't overwhelmed by the size of the ride. Again you can do the opposite and make the track smaller to scare the riders into a feeling of insecurity (Millenium Force) There really is alot of factors why Intamin would base a ride on a coaster like a Pinifari, and the main reason is the age group

Post October 19th, 2005, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^How wide is the B&M dive machine track exactly? I've been wanting to know.

Post October 19th, 2005, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

And that pinfari model also has "intense" spots, but is fairly tame overall, and it is also very compact, but still has room for themeing etc. It was just a good model for Intamin to build for Disney.

Post October 19th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Still though Intamin are 1 of the best in the trade so why oh why couldn't they have designed there own coaster?

Also I don't think disney ment this ride to be for kids as it is a really unpleasent experience painwise, and I don't think when I was 6 would go on a backwards coaster!

Post October 19th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by Woodie Man

^How wide is the B&M dive machine track exactly? I've been wanting to know.

I cant tell you exactly but it looks visably 2-3 metres at least. Every time i go to Alton im always amazed by the sheer width of the track on Oblivion. It would be funny putting Intamin hyper trains on the Track on Oblivion(not possble i know) but on the ratio of train to track it would make the trains look as big as buses [lol].

Post October 19th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Accutlly its not that big its probaly like the same size as a regular B&M because the 2 end seats arent over the track

Post October 19th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Wow, that's big.

Coasterboaster, I thought you liked Pinifari? I mean, all the tracks you post are "Pinifari" designs.

Post October 19th, 2005, 8:08 pm

So would you say that that track is about 60-72 inches in width? That's what I've been thinking but I wasn't sure.

Post October 19th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points

Post October 19th, 2005, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Well, that guy looks 5'11"ish so I'm saying around 6 feet, because It's a little bigger than the guy.

Post October 20th, 2005, 2:06 am

I like some Pinfaris yes but I am not too keen on the Crazy Loop!

Post October 20th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^ That was one of my first loopers. The crazy loop at Pleasure Island. Anyway, if i laid down on Oblivions track, i would not reach all the way across and im 5foot 6 or something. It is about 6 foot 5 inches wide i would say. Its the largest track ive ever seen. Oblivion looks small on photos cos of how big the track is, but really its still quite big. Not huge, but big.

Post October 20th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I beleive the track guage is, and dont quote me on this, somewhere around 1.8 metres on width. Thats the size that comes to mind but i am not certain at all...it would seem around that size in comparison with the man standing there

Post October 20th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post October 21st, 2005, 12:14 pm

Still why would the size of the track put you off?

Post October 21st, 2005, 2:39 pm

Well, if you see the small Pinfari track that has lots of open space between the rail ties, you think that the coaster is much milder. Then if you go look at B&M dive machine track which is huge and has much less open space between the ties, it is more impressive because of its size and seems scarier.

Post October 21st, 2005, 3:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
Crazy loop was my first looping coaster but it was at Flamingo Land when I rode it. India jones isn't the same layout it's very similar but isn't the same.As for B&M dive machine track I think it's about 6 feet wide.

Post October 22nd, 2005, 4:28 am

Yeah but what about wooden coasters they have one of the biggest differences between both sides of the track, but the Big Dipper does not seem to put 4 year olds off!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions