Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Crabwood - Park

[NL2] Crabwood - Park

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 16th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,395.00 Points
I had planned for TNT to be finished before my fall semester begins, but since I ran into a hitch with the filler track I thought I would have better odds at being able to finish this other project I've had in the shadows for a while. Classes start on Monday, and while I don't think I'll meet that goal now, I can certainly wrap up the finishing touches this weekend and some during the first week, which will mostly be orientation.

With that, I'd like to share this small teaser for Crabwood:
screenshot-2019-08-16-23-08-35.png

This small park, that was originally intended to be a fairgrounds, consists of many popular flat rides, and two custom roller coasters.
"Stag" is a Gravity Group woodie that utilizes the subtle terrain changes to give the illusion that the train just won't slow down. A lack of a mid course break run emphasizes this effect. Part of the ride also crosses the highway leading into the park, much like "Ravine Flyer II" at Waldameer.
"Valkyrie" is a B&M launched sit-down style roller coaster. It features 8 inversions, including a cobra roll and a bat-wing. The ride sprawls over the sides of one of the many undulating hills in the park, varying the pacing of the ride to feature B&M's signature elements in a unique way.

Only a few things missing at this point:
Park Entrance
Details for the highway
Parking lot
Fencing/Walls separating guests from rides
Queues for flat rides (maybe, depends on how my frame rate is doing at this point)

Post August 23rd, 2019, 10:55 am

My first week was actually pretty darn busy, so I only accomplished putting up some fences/barriers, and added B&M loop connectors to the list. So still the same amount of stuff to do. I tried setting aside some time this weekend for it, but my senior design class will push at least some things over into the next week. For now, a couple of teaser images for Valkyrie and Stag, respectively, showing off a bit more of what's to come.

screenshot-2019-08-23-11-46-23.png

screenshot-2019-08-23-11-48-09.png

I also tried adding some rocks to certain spots in the park, but nothing quite felt organic upon completion, so I scrapped the idea. Not entirely, though, maybe as a few more things come into play, the idea might make more sense.

Post August 30th, 2019, 8:58 pm

This will probably be the last update before I release this park. I added signs for Valkyrie and for Stag to the list as well as custom loop connectors, which you might just be able to make out in this screenshot. I also adjusted the crosstie density and spine thickness in places where necessary to handle the g-forces of the ride. The rest of the items I was able to cross off the list.
I will likely add some more park details, such as trash cans and benches, and adding cartextures to wipe the logo from the trains before wrapping this up.

screenshot-2019-08-30-21-41-31.png

Thoughts, anybody?

Post September 1st, 2019, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
Looks good man!

Out of curiosity how'd you make the road?

Post September 2nd, 2019, 10:19 am

I used the light pattern creator within the editor to do all of the 3d objects such as the road and park paths. I will probably leave the coaster files in that were the backbone for those to shed light on my process, for critique or inspiration. The restaurants and flat rides come mostly from the community and a bit from the stock game, and the stations are made from NL2 supports. For my next venture, I may try my hand at Sketchup; there seems to be a way to use the free web app and still be able to export the files to be used in NL.

Post October 14th, 2019, 1:14 pm

A few of the final details got put on hold for quite a while, but I've been able to slowly chip at it, so I am finally happy enough to release this project. Please enjoy, and don't hesitate to leave feedback, it is appreciated!

Cheers,
Frank

https://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/d ... k_id=22271

Return to Hard Hat Area