Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Creating NoLimits Objects Through Inventor

Creating NoLimits Objects Through Inventor

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Nel User avatar

Points on hand: 1,800.00 Points
I was wondering if there was a way to take objects created in Autodesk Inventor and export them to a .3ds format to insert into a NoLimits track file.

Post April 7th, 2009, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
Maybee getting a program made to convert autodesk files to 3Ds? Might take some time and money though.

Post April 7th, 2009, 2:45 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I've never really looked but often wondered if it was possible. I'm sat here at work all day, about 2 out of the 5 days in a week I don't really have a great deal to do, with ?????????9000 worth of software sat in front of me....

I could be sat making 3D's for my rides, but as yet I've not found away to get them into NoLimits. [V] Perhaps I'll go look around the net for a bit, I'll report my findings back here later! [:D]

EDIT:

You could try this:
http://www.sycode.com/products/3ds_export_iv/index.htm

I haven't tried it, but you could give it a go.

Also, I know that you can export Inventor files into Step and IGES files, and I know that you can do a lot more with those file types than you can with the standard Inventor .iam .ipt .idw part files. If you have a program like E-Drawings for exmaple? That's a free program to download and you can do a lot of exporting from that with Step and IGES files, 3Ds files might be one of those possible exports.

EDIT2: I tried the program in the link posted above and it works, it's just a trial however, so you only get 10 conversions. It's $195 to register it perminantly. Looking around the net some more, it's the same story everywhere. It looks like if you want to do it, you're gonna have to buy a software add-in. Or.... you could.... download it from somewhere... where.... you might not necessarily pay for the things you download...? If you catch my drift? [lol]

Post April 7th, 2009, 8:31 am
Nel User avatar

Points on hand: 1,800.00 Points
Yeah, that program was the only one I was able to come upon however I'm not going to pay 200 dollars just to export .3ds files.

Post April 7th, 2009, 8:36 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Yeah, when you think of how much Inventor costs per license, you'd think it would be able to export to 3Ds anyway really, but, such is life.

Return to No Limits Coaster