Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting Custom Block Scripting (Is there a primer/example)

Custom Block Scripting (Is there a primer/example)

Post your Nolimits 2 scripts here! Also any discussion regarding scription for NoLimits Coaster 2 should be placed in this forum

MAB

Points on hand: 57.00 Points
I am trying to make a custom block script for a coaster. I am trying to see the basics of what I need and how to proceed. The help files within nolimits2 were simply confusing and I'm seeing parts of scripts on this site that use things I never saw in the help files. Is there a 'basic' block script I could use as a template and then use it for my coaster?

Basically I have a station, lift hill, trim brakes, block brakes, block brakes on a transfer track, and then back to the station. I want to be able to make everthing work automatically and in manual/full manual mode. I want to alter the speed of the lift hill so it is slower while there is a track on the run and then it speeds up when the coaster is free. I want to automatically turn off the trim brakes (midway through) in there is high wind in the simulation. I also want the brake runs to not simply function as on/off but rather give a realistic braking effect to slow down the trains till it is necessary to stop them. I also want to script it so that at a certain point in the station when the last car in the train passes it, the next train to enter the station can begin to do so. I basically want to model it off of actual coasters in real life.

How can I get started to actually script this? Any help would be appreciated. I've done scripting before, but on a different 'game' that was much more explicit in what commands/functions existed. This seems altogether much more confusing and less supported in an official capacity.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
The closest thing I can say it to use this generator, make it a simple block script, and then tear the script apart yourself.
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... 345&page=1

Hope this helped.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Scripting