Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Cygnus Park for RCT3 (Completion Never...)

Cygnus Park for RCT3 (Completion Never...)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 24th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
2/4/08 EDIT: Cygnus Park has been destroyed! Gotta love hard drive crashes. Oh well, that park was getting horribly large anyway and everyone knows what happens when an RCT3 park gets too big. Plus, after seeing some of the creations over at the AtariCommunity, well my park paled in comparison.

But, now I'm starting Cygnus Park 2.0, which will be smaller but with more attention to structural detal.

Right now I'm working on an RCT3 park aptly named Cygnus Park. I'm trying to make it semi-realistic; adding in custom supports and buildings and the like. Here are some pics:

Here is City of Forever, a dark ride/water coaster for the Atlantis themed section. As you can see, I like to use the DRP Ambience pack that adds lights.

Here's the center of my western section. Most prominent in the pic is the Outlaw, an El Toro-like woodie.

Finally, here's a pic of a coaster in my space themed area. It uses a lot of custom supports and a cool station/queue. In the middle a Robotic coaster being built to become a dark ride.

I don't know when it'll be done as I'm working on it in my spare time, and I still have a way to go. Along with the three sections I mentioned, I also plan on adding a spooky section, a forest section, an abandoned mine section, and maybe a winter section. A mountain waterpark is also going somewhere off to the side.
Last edited by Cygnus12 on February 4th, 2008, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 26th, 2007, 5:13 pm

So now I have the Robotic Coaster built with all of the scenery I care to put in it; but I'm still working on the huge building that houses it. The large building in the back sucked to build but the inside looks cool, complete with a giant billboard wall that makes it look like you're on Mars.

Something weird happened with the ride though. With no scenery at all, the first version of the ride had like 5.25 excitement. I modified it a bit to make it go past certain scenes more slowly and now, with all the scenery added, the excitement is like 1.50! Stupid RCT excitement calculation.

Post November 2nd, 2007, 11:41 pm

I have most of the Space themed section built now and are working on the abandoned mine section. So far it has a Vertical Drop coaster called Abyss, a Bobsled coaster that goes through a mine/quarry thing called Landslide Mine (I'll probably change that.) Also in the section are a pair of drop towers themed as mine shafts. I might post some photos soon.

BTW, I need a name for the space themed hydraulic launched looping coaster seen in photo three of my first post. If anyone wants to suggest a name, please do. Right now it's called Gamma Ray, but that's too boring I think.

Post November 3rd, 2007, 9:48 am

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points

Post November 7th, 2007, 10:47 pm

I stopped working on the park temperarily just because I'm busy. But before stopping I finished most of the mine section and started working on an indoor coaster for the spooky section. I plan on making a large spook house for the section as well, which should be fun to build. Left to make are a forest/generic section and the waterpark along with random touching up.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 7:40 pm

As with most of my projects that I announce here, I usually find that I have no time and/or lose interest in the game soon after I post an upcoming project; this was no different! However, I'm now working on the park again and I will try to just finish it before my RCT3 kick wanes. I'm currently working on the waterpark. Below is a pic of the progress, I'm about 50% done with it.

Post January 3rd, 2008, 2:46 pm

More pics of the waterpark. Now I just need to build the slide supports and put in trees, bushes and lighting.

Post January 6th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Working on the haunted dark ride. I made all of the interior rooms, now I'm closing them into a castle-like building.

Post January 6th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post January 7th, 2008, 12:02 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

^I never thought someone like you would say it, but I concur.

Post January 7th, 2008, 12:09 am

Ok, ok; all future edits will go to the first post.

Return to Hard Hat Area