Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Dark Riders - Wild Mouse Problem...

Dark Riders - Wild Mouse Problem...

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 2nd, 2004, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,276.00 Points
I have a problem.. I am working on a wild mouse called the Dark Riders after the Nazgul, LOTR theme running at night, 9 cars per the nine riders operating and they all pass the e-stop and make it back to the station..

Here's the crunch (no, I have'nt been living in a cave all my life) but I have never seen a real wild mouse, only pics.. I have read on this site and others that wild mice have no banking etc. etc. mine has.. so I am making it as a fantasy mouse. Should I remove the banking and adjust the track or as a fantasy ride, would it be ok to keep the banking regarding the ratings. Last, but not least, I decided to use single 3 bench PTC cars as they lent well to the night atmosphere with all the dark wood and the sound of them on the tracks. To sum up, am I wasting my time with this, would you guys dismiss it as a mouse?
Last edited by RjsBuz on October 2nd, 2004, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 2nd, 2004, 8:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

A wild mouse ride can have banking, just most wild mouse rides are so small they don't need banking at all.
I think it would be cool for you to build a new type of wild mouse with features that arn't seen too much in this particle design of a coaster.

Post October 2nd, 2004, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,276.00 Points
That being the case, what could I call it? how about an FHM coaster (Fantasy Hybrid Mouse}

Post October 2nd, 2004, 9:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post October 3rd, 2004, 11:25 pm

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
it's like The Vild Svinet and Typhoon Euro Fighter coasters. I consider them to be mouse coasters, and they even have inversions and more-than-vertical drops.

Post October 4th, 2004, 1:33 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Post October 9th, 2004, 8:55 am

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
There's a mad mouse like 45 minutes from my house. It has no banking on the hairpins, but there are a couple turns with 20 or 25 degree bank. I can email you a recreation, it's not good enough to put on the net.

Post October 9th, 2004, 9:26 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
how about just telling what park, we easily can find the coaster on rcdb.com [:)]

Post October 9th, 2004, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
It's at Little-a-merrick-a in Marshall, wisconsin. One of the only theme parks in wisconsin (although it's tiny, with only two kiddie coasters.) Apparently the Lincoln Park Comet is being re-located there. (But thats off-topic) Here's the RCDB pic: Dead link.
I think you should make it in 2-tube steel looping style, but what the heck.

Return to Hard Hat Area