Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Demon Drop at Dorney Park

Demon Drop at Dorney Park

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 25th, 2009, 5:49 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

I apologize for the poor quality but, the distance and weather didnt let my camera get a good picture.

[8D]YAY![8D]
Last edited by Tetsu on November 26th, 2009, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 25th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post November 25th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,049.00 Points
I am so relieved to see Demon DRop go to Dorney rather than KBF, I love that ride and it would have been a shame to see it go to KBF cuz then i wouldn't be able to ride anymore.[:D]

Post November 25th, 2009, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Im cheering.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 25th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Post November 25th, 2009, 11:10 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 25th, 2009, 11:31 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

all i gotta say is 2 things .. hooray for you guys dorney looks like the kind of park where it should go, it's a great ride, i loved freefall at sfmm . and it suits dorney well from what i can tell as dorny is a straight up amusemnet park,
and i am truly relieved that it didn't go to knotts . really .. it just seemed absolutely ridiculous where they suggested they'd put it. it was near the "heart" of knott's..i betcha cedar fair got not just my email, but alot of hate mail from orange county and the la area as well. .

Post November 26th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

What am I looking at? Looks like a crane and ferris wheel to me.

Post November 26th, 2009, 4:44 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Post November 26th, 2009, 9:10 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
i still thing CP got the better deal with Skyscraper
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 27th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Okay, seriously? Not only are people upset on this website, but everyone is upset at dorneyponline.com too and really everyone should be happy that Dorney is getting anything at all in this economy! Cedar Fair could of just said screw Dorney and just make a couple of renovations around the park like Cedar Point did this past year, but no they decided to try and make people happy by putting a thrill ride, but apparently that is not good enough for everyone and to those few people that are happy like myself, then good for you.
Adrenaline is not an addiction, but a lifestyle.

Post November 27th, 2009, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
^ What are you talking about??? Most people are cheering(if you actually read the other posts here) about it going to Dorney. Try reading man.

Post November 27th, 2009, 2:20 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
^^ if you are referring to my comment, i am thrilled that Dorney is getting DD i think it will go excellently with the park and i can't wait to see it up and running there
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 27th, 2009, 3:28 pm
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

I do not really see anything in these pictures. I believe that the Demon Drop is the only Giovanola 1st generation drop tower left..Where are these parts they need going to come from? I am sure that it is going out to the trash! They went bankrupt in 2004.
Vasco XTR

Post November 27th, 2009, 3:46 pm

They can machine new parts for it in house. Most parks have machine shops, or access to one they can contract. And there is at least one other one, located in Japan.

Also, I still do not see anything that points to the ride going there in those pictures.

Post November 27th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post November 27th, 2009, 7:07 pm

Sorry everyone I thought slosprint was upset about getting demon drop so thats why i was saying that but the people over at dorneyonline.com are really upset about which i dont understand but I'm just glad everyone here is happy about it like I am

Post November 27th, 2009, 10:50 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by stevecoaster

I do not really see anything in these pictures. I believe that the Demon Drop is the only Giovanola 1st generation drop tower left..Where are these parts they need going to come from? I am sure that it is going out to the trash! They went bankrupt in 2004.

Its an Intamin 1st Gen. drop ride.

*If* the ride is getting built (for 2010), there are only 2 possible places for it to go. Those places are, in the Laser plot, and between Revolution and Steel Force. Due to the rides vertical height, and that fact that the upper maintenance area is in that area, the ride will not go near White Water Landing.

Also, yes, people are disappointed about this. But really think about it, two used rides that are both semi-to-high thrill rides in an area that really needs that sort of thing, is really going to help the lower area of the park. Also consider the fact that 2011 is the year that Dorney is slated to get another roller coaster. The full-time employees already know about said 2011 addition, but they cant say until the park and Cedar Fair allow it.

Post November 28th, 2009, 3:30 am

Originally posted by coasterpimp

So, those are not parts of it on the ground?

I see what looks more like a guard rail than ride parts.

Post November 28th, 2009, 3:52 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Anyone that bitches about getting this ride has clearly not ridden it.

Btw, are the stats of this the same as Stuntman's Freefall that was @ SFGAdv?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 28th, 2009, 4:07 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

^ I dont know if they are the same or not.

Now then, for those of you who cant see the parts in the pictures due to them being blurry, (My camera dies in bad weather.), here are more thanks to my favorite blog: NewsPlusNotes.

Link - http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2009/ ... s-lot.html

Post November 28th, 2009, 5:35 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

That is a genset and the emergency overrun track.

BTW: You can still get the common replacement parts for the freefall towers, just some specialty parts you will need to make in house. Intiman has been very good about providing technical documentation and engineering diagrams for parts they no longer wish to manufacture.

Post November 28th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,432.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

Originally posted by stevecoaster

Its an Intamin 1st Gen. drop ride.

I remember reading somewhere that 1st generation freefalls were designed and manufactured by Giovanola and marketed by intamin.

Post November 29th, 2009, 9:43 pm

That could be, but the only labels that were still on the ride while at CP said Intamin on them. On some of the other forums people are saying it won't matter though about this ride being a hand me down because the only people that are going to know are people who have already ridden this at CP or are enthusiasts that like to keep up to date and other than that normal people that visit are going to visit the park and think that DD is a new ride and get excited so for the few people that are upset(not saying anyone on this site is upset) the fact of the ride being a hand me down isn't going to matter much.

Post November 30th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
I'm sorry but I'm not really excited about getting Demon Drop. I'm glad that Dorney is getting a "new" ride, but I'm tired of CF using Dorney as a dumping ground for leftovers. I'm sure the ride will be exciting and add some numbers to the park attendance, but CF need to plan better for Dorney. There already is limited space in the park for expansion, so why waste it. I feel this is going to be another eye sore that will ruin the once great DP skyline.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!