Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Demon Drop May Not go to KBF

Demon Drop May Not go to KBF

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 22nd, 2009, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

From Screamscape:
http://screamscape.com/html/knott_s_berry_farm.htm

2010 - Demon Drop - Status Unknown - (11/20/09) I don't know if this latest rumor is true or not, as there are so many factors, people and places involved in this one, but try to follow as best you can. According to the latest rumors, Kinzel and crew at The Point?????????s HQ were not happy that the news about Demon Drop going to Knott?????????s got leaked before they were ready to announce it. Meanwhile there has also bit a good bit of public backlash about trying to install a copy of a ride that Magic Mountain first brought to the same market over 25 years ago. Not to mention the ?????????pointless????????? factor, as Knott?????????s already has one of the world?????????s best (if not The Best!) tower ride already installed.
So you might say that someone put their crack pipe down and realized that Demon Drop would be more appreciated at another Cedar Fair park????????? such as Michigan?????????s Adventure, which I was told was listed as an alternate location weeks ago. Oh????????? if true????????? this also means that Knott?????????s will likely be keeping their Screamin????????? Swing. Sorry to California?????????s Great America????????? your new ride may not be coming after all. Sound familiar? It should, as CGA?????????s GCI wooden coaster project is still lost in limbo...
Last edited by coasterpimp on November 22nd, 2009, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 24th, 2009, 12:51 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
According to a podcast I listen to, I-305 crews are also working on Demon Drop and one of the workers stated that DD was on its was to Pennsylvania.

YAY for us Dorney people!
(In all actuality, I am thrilled for this if its true. I find this ride MUCH more fun then our S&S tower.)

Post November 24th, 2009, 1:05 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
I'm still sooo glad to see this ride leave! Although it's not likely they will put anything worth while in it's place. Probably just buildings or something. I don't really know of much that could fit in it's place unless they extended it into that back section of parking. Who knows, lol.

Post November 24th, 2009, 7:55 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
@Testu:

IDNUIOSFUJSDBNCUIV IBUBVUNIVUDNUINDSBNIDVIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YESYESYES!
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 24th, 2009, 8:52 am

Originally posted by Tetsu

According to a podcast I listen to, I-305 crews are also working on Demon Drop and one of the workers stated that DD was on its was to Pennsylvania.

YAY for us Dorney people!
(In all actuality, I am thrilled for this if its true. I find this ride MUCH more fun then our S&S tower.)

I actually like the S&S tower @ Celebration City, but I love Intamin drop towers, but I've never ridden a first gen.

Post November 24th, 2009, 9:06 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,868.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by ianko66

IDNUIOSFUJSDBNCUIV IBUBVUNIVUDNUINDSBNIDVIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YESYESYES!

Forget to take your medication this morning, did you? [lol]

Post November 24th, 2009, 10:58 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
i guess this is what CP is giving back to Dorney, after all CP got Dorney's Skyscraper
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 24th, 2009, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post November 24th, 2009, 4:48 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post November 24th, 2009, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

i guess this is what CP is giving back to Dorney, after all CP got Dorney's Skyscraper

Damn. So thats where that went.
That thing looked cool, I never got to ride it.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post November 24th, 2009, 5:26 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah its in the challenge park, rihht next to the go karts. you can wave to the people on Magnum at the top

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post November 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

if this is true its a real relief.. knotts has suffered catastrophic "generification" since the late 90's. this would kill it.

Post November 25th, 2009, 1:48 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

ScreamScape is reporting that the Demon Drop is now indeed arriving at Dorney. I will swing by the park after work and see if I cant get a few pictures to attempt to confirm if this is true or not.

Post November 25th, 2009, 11:22 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post November 25th, 2009, 11:58 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

They put wildcatter out its miserable existence by blowing it up, perhaps Cedar Fair cut put there freefall into a museum where it belongs.

Post November 25th, 2009, 2:33 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

hmm. i suppose Demon drop will go well with Dorney. Can't wait

Post November 25th, 2009, 2:41 pm

Not really, according do Screamscape:
Crazy as it sounds, I've been told that pieces of Demon Drop have started to arrive at Dorney Park. That?????????s as bad an idea as Knott?????????s????????? who?????????s running this train wreck anyway? On top of Dorney suffering from all the same reasons that made Knott?????????s a poor choice for the ride, Dorney also suffers from noise complaint issues from their neighbors, and this is not known as a quiet attraction.

Post November 25th, 2009, 5:20 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

I cannot see how anyone would complain about the sound emitting from a freefall tower. It is quite hard to hear the guest complaints over the consistent sound of a car crash every 39 seconds.

Post November 25th, 2009, 5:39 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Got back from Dorney and I do indeed have evidence that Demon Drop will go into the park. The evidence, supports for the ride are next to a small crane near Possessed.

Pictures on the way.

EDIT: Please continue topic here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=22478

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!