Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Devil's Slide - Mack Megacoaster

[NL2] Devil's Slide - Mack Megacoaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 15th, 2014, 3:03 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

The idea of "Devil's Slide" came up earlier when I was at work when a coworker and I were discussing "evil things" such as projects that have gone wrong and made it tough for us to complete...after thinking about a random doodle my coworker did and messing with lighting last night a devilish coaster has spawned. I wanted to do something that involved plunging down a fiery tunnel (utilizing the lighting and fog) and was originally going to be a dive machine. I wanted to get a little more creative once I fired up NL and decided that I'd actually like to make my first "new coaster type" a Mack.

The design then had to involve something with a vertical descent after being launched...I immediately thought of Cheetah Hunt's "tower" and moved on from there. While there's a long road ahead of me, I wanted to get the ride's key feature created and share with all of you! This ride is one that is more or less meant to be ridden at night.

Devil's Slide is named after the infamous Hwy 1 along the California Coast. It involves steep cliffs and a possible plunge to your death if you aren't careful. Without further ado, here's some photos of what I have started so far!

Image Insert:
495.43 KB
This is the ride's signature feature, the "tower" before the plunge.

Image Insert:
431.43 KB
A train meanders its way around the "tower" before taking the drop

Image Insert:
870.38 KB
The "Hole"

Image Insert:
547.67 KB
Train launching skyward! Riders will feel a burst of air before they wind their way around.

Image Insert:
967.33 KB
"Om nom nom..." The train is swallowed up by the hole.
Last edited by Angry_Gumball on January 15th, 2014, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post January 15th, 2014, 4:02 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

That looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see more
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 15th, 2014, 6:52 am

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

Plunging into the fire of hell!Custom lights and fog are amazing...

Post January 15th, 2014, 8:24 am

Points on hand: 15,387.90 Points

Post January 16th, 2014, 3:05 am

Glad you guys like it so far! Here's some more screenshots I got from tonight. Not much else to say, just some screenshots!

Image Insert:
1360.5 KB
Overview, this coaster is quite spread out!

Image Insert:
1001 KB
The ride's second, less powerful launch getting the train back up the hill side...but wait, what could be in that tunnel?

Image Insert:
841.4 KB
More dramatic lighting! This seriously looks sweet launching through at night!

Image Insert:
586.31 KB
Airtime hill, illuminated to fit with the ride's theme

Image Insert:
949.83 KB
"FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" This is coming out of the airtime hill. I decided to add a series of underground dives between elements.

Post January 16th, 2014, 3:26 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I had an idea for a ride like this a while ago, I'm sure you will execute it better thn I could haha :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 25th, 2014, 4:14 am

After playing with environments, I wanted to enhance the feel of this coaster...another idea had struck me as well, theming this coaster to Majora's Mask instead and naming it "Terrible Fate." I had found some Zelda 3DS objects and I made a custom skybox complete with a creepy surprise :)

Progress-wise, I took a break from it for a while. Track layout is done, its just a matter of supporting it and theming it. I haven't forgotten about getting this finished however.

Image Insert:
1044.64 KB
Sorry if I gave you guys nightmares haha

Image Insert:
905.45 KB
Well, now that doesn't make sense does it...(forgot to disable the NL-generated moon)

Post January 25th, 2014, 10:06 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hehehehehehe Zelda moon I likey
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Hard Hat Area