Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Employment Disney College Program

Disney College Program

This category is for all theme park employees, past, present, and future.

Post February 26th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Anyone ever done it, heard of it..?

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/i ... dents.html
Last edited by Austin on February 26th, 2011, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 26th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
Yes i have heard of it. I went to Disney this past January and talked to a CM about it. Im not sure how we came to talk about it but we did. It sounds amazing and defiantly something to think about doing. I have been thinking about doing it for a long time now.

Post February 26th, 2011, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

who told you not to think about doing it?
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post February 26th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
One of my friends did it, looked fun being in Orlando for an entire semester, going to IAAPA and everything.
American Eagle Lover

Post February 27th, 2011, 1:39 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

I have a few friends that did it and loved it...

I auditioned (on trumpet) for the Disney All-American College Band and placed in the top 20 of 100 trumpets. Crazy hard to get into!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post February 27th, 2011, 1:56 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Um... one month in Fl n you will want out..
I moved here to Orlando 10 months ago :(
The people here can't drive for poop, over priced everything, food cost are un reasinable, gas is like 3.45$
I can't wait to move again :) no more of Fl....
So if you want to be stupid n join there college program n not get paid to work cause you do it for fter and have a poop life in fl
Then do it...
Other wise... go to another state where you could get a job and a life

Post February 27th, 2011, 1:59 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I love it here in Orlando and I'm planning to the CP in 2012.

Post February 27th, 2011, 2:18 am

Originally posted by Jakizle

I love it here in Orlando and I'm planning to the CP in 2012.

how long have u been here...?

want to go to universal one day, with me ?
i could allways use someone to talk too

Post February 27th, 2011, 6:01 am

I've been here since August and will be here until atleast 2014.

Post February 27th, 2011, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Jakizle, you know where Ocala is?
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post February 27th, 2011, 11:07 am

Got passed the web based interview... Im calling Monday for phone interview..

Originally posted by highthrills2

The people here can't drive for poop
gas is like 3.45$
be stupid n join there college program n not get paid to work
go to another state where you could get a job and a life

-I wont be driving
-Gas is $3.70 where i live
-You get paid minimum wage..
-I think living on Disney ground is quite the life

Post February 27th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Where is A113 in this thread? lol
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 27th, 2011, 5:22 pm

no clue where he is...
but i live outside orlando and disney aint in orlando../ it is in its own town ...
same with sea world ... dam orange county trying to take over everything ..
i would rather work for universal then disney..

Post February 27th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Yes, even though the city name isn't Orlando dude, Disney is still Orlando. From UCF to Disney (the "boundaries" of Orlando) it's all the same.

And yes rcking, I know where Ocala is lol. I drive through there like 4 times a year to go back to Texas.

Post February 28th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I've been looking into Disney's professional co-ops/internships a little lately (I'm studying civil engineering right now) but the actual College Program has always seemed like a glorified ride operator position to me. Obviously working any job at a theme park is a good start into the industry though, so I guess it's just the name that I think is weird considering the job itself doesn't sound much different from just being a regular ride operator or park operations employee at the park.

Post February 28th, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally posted by guitarplayer673

I've been looking into Disney's professional co-ops/internships a little lately (I'm studying civil engineering right now) but the actual College Program has always seemed like a glorified ride operator position to me. Obviously working any job at a theme park is a good start into the industry though, so I guess it's just the name that I think is weird considering the job itself doesn't sound much different from just being a regular ride operator or park operations employee at the park.

Basically it works like this- Do the college program if you want to get a Co-Op...only reason I'm doing it.

Post February 28th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Ah that makes sense...they don't do much hiring outside of former employees then?

Post February 28th, 2011, 5:32 pm

Seems like they heavily favor the people who have done the CP for co-ops as I have been told by those who have done the program!

Post February 28th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Originally posted by guitarplayer673

I'm civil too, how you like it and what year are you into it?
Its the end of my second year and its the worst thing ever right now.. 24 hours a week of math.. 3 hours of economics. sucks

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:41 am

I'm just finishing up my third year but I've already done one co-op (planning on doing two more) so it's been two and a half years of classes. It's been good so far, a lot of work but I haven't really felt too overloaded for the most part. I'm still not sure exactly what kind of job I want when I'm out of school yet but we'll see. I know GCII does co-ops though so I'm definitely looking into that for my third co-op [:)]

Edit: I just noticed you're from Boston, which school are you at?

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:15 pm

I'm at Wentworth, right next to Northeastern U... you? And yeah GCII internships seem amazing.. They've taken a couple northeastern kids for their internships too..

I'm not feeling overloaded either I'm just not motivated to do all the math my school gives, I'm checking out other majors I don't know what I wanna do anymore

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
I know someone who did that. Now they work a shitty job at Disney with a worthless degree. However, it's all about what you make of it.

Post March 1st, 2011, 2:53 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

It's a good program. We have a couple at the Grand California Hotel where I work. Lucky love get subsidized rent on luxury apartments as well shift seniority over people like me even though they've been working there for a mere 2 weeks and I'm coming up to my 8 month mark.

If you're considering it, I would look into going to Florida. A good friend of mine did his there and he said it was probably the best time of his life. Understandably too because many of Florida's cast members are a part of the DCP, so you will ahve that in common. Likewise, there are more exciting attractions out in Orlando then California... unless you're into other things beyond theme parks.

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm

Originally posted by Austin

I'm at Wentworth, right next to Northeastern U... you? And yeah GCII internships seem amazing.. They've taken a couple northeastern kids for their internships too..

I'm not feeling overloaded either I'm just not motivated to do all the math my school gives, I'm checking out other majors I don't know what I wanna do anymore

Oh cool, I'm at Northeastern.

Post March 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Next

Return to Theme Park Employment