Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Disney's Pleasure Island

Disney's Pleasure Island

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post March 28th, 2015, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

With the current state of the fiasco in California regarding Disneyland park, news about a smaller, more adult oriented thrill park that Spacemountain LLC has been working on was hidden in the shadows, until now.

Disney's Pleasure Island will be the first Disney park with a focus moving away from families, in an effort to attract older crowds, Disney unveiled plans and a few photos of a park unlike any other Disney park, though the geographic location of the park is still well in the top secret files, pictures have surfaced of a park that contains at least 3 major thrill rides, and theming that seems to center around a Caribbean/victorian style motif. The park is loosely based on pleasure isle from Walt Disney's classic animated feature, Pinocchio, though there will be obvious differences. Instead of Children making asses of themselves, adults will revel in a night time fantasy of thrilling entertainment, live music, and world class thrills. Also, unlike other disney parks, the theming of the different "areas" will shift from children and family animated classics and educational t v specials, and feature more modern teen-adult references from Disney's remakes of the Marvel movies, as well as the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and Star Wars. Though specific details of exact theming and rides has yet to be revealed, Spacemountainfan LLC has released a collection of photos showcasing a "prototype" park, which, we think may be a section of the real park that was opened very briefly for an employee event showcasing the project.

Pleasure Isle main street.jpg

calypso.jpg

Avengers1.jpg

Avengers2.jpg

Scenery and CTr's found in revcoasters huge modpak
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post March 31st, 2015, 7:45 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Post March 31st, 2015, 8:59 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I had tried to recreate my own Disney Park when I was still a RCT3 person, but only in like 5, 6 minutes just after expanding the land to the maximum size, all at once, I saw an "access violation" message which ended up sending me to quit that project, lol. It happened every time I placed something detailed like a 3d model. Glad to see someone's trying! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 13th, 2015, 9:01 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post April 26th, 2015, 11:44 pm

Another set of shots from Disney's latest project have surfaced. looks like they My be expecting lots of warm weather, perhaps another clue as to where this park is being constructed.

PLEASURE ISLAND PIRATES COVE.jpg
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post May 21st, 2015, 12:25 am

So, with the current weather disasters striking the construction zone, work on this massive project has stalled until further notice. Some of the current scenery and track work has sustained minor damage. We will keep you posted when work is able to resume. Thank you for your understanding and continued interest in what is sure to be the greatest theme park since Disneyland first opened its doors in 1955.

Post May 21st, 2015, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,318.00 Points

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3