Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Disneyland Paris TR (new spinner!) + pics

Disneyland Paris TR (new spinner!) + pics

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post December 4th, 2007, 5:22 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I??????ve been at Disneyland Paris for three days with my girl and my family. Our first day was Friday, which was a blast, because there weren??????t too much people in the main Disneyland park, so I could show my love around without any troubles. The fastpass system is incredible with so few people, you could get one at, say, 2:00 pm and ride without queuing at like 2:30-3:00 pm! We got 2 rides on Indiana Jones and Space Mountain, and 3 on Big Thunder Mountain. My love was a bit afraid first, because she had never ridden any looping coaster before, but then she absolutely loved everything, and so did I! I won??????t comment on all rides as I did that in a previous trip report. The only letdowns were that Pirates of the Carribean wasn??????t working because of construction going on there (perhaps they??????re making it look more like in the movie?), and that the OTSR??????s hurt my shoulders, but that??????s quite normal as I??????m 6??????5???????????? tall?????? Anyway, the landscape of the Disneyland main park is just incredible!! We as a couple had sooo much fun even just walking through it, exploring it and taking lots of pictures.

Saturday, we went to the Walt Disney Studios Park. Wow, they??????re working a lot there! The Tower of Terror is in its last stages of construction, and there is half a city being built around it, just like a new street with shops and flat rides around the new Spinner, ??????Crush??????s Coaster??????. However, we didn??????t ride this novelty that day as there was one hell of a crowd, 75+ minutes waiting time and idiotically, no fastpass possible for this attraction! The day was still very enjoyable, but we didn??????t manage to do half as much as on Friday.
But the evening was unforgettable. We got back to the main park which was open until 10 pm, visited the beautiful dragon??????s cove and walked all through the giant tree ??????la cabane des Robinsons??????. I had never been up there in the night before, and with all the warm lighting and scenery, it was an incredible atmosphere. And the coasters were just as wonderful! Indiana Jones, with a five minute queue and all that fire around?????? Whoa, it??????s so sad that they didn??????t find a better ending for that coaster than an excessive trim followed by two half-lame turns?????? Otherwise it could be sooo great, I love its aggressive little drops in the backrow and the swooping drop / brutal loop / 4+g helix combo around the ruins. But Big Thunder Mountain (which, by the way, my whole family rode) was even a lot better!! I had never remarked how much that coaster warms up ?????? it??????s almost like a woodie, there was such a great difference between early day and night rides! The world??????s best minetrain with its single-bench rows, 3 great lifthills, perfect 5000ft layout and fun airtime was well worth the longer wait for me and my love. It was unforgettable that night!!

The last (half) day, we thought we were clever, going to the studios at opening time and heading straight for crush??????s coaster, but yet there were even more people than the day before, 90 minute queueline?????? This time however, we decided to queue as it was the only ride I had never been on before. The queueline itself was disappointing, a lot more boring than on most Disney rides. The ride, however, was quite cool:

Crush??????s Coaster (Maurer S?????hne Spinner) 8/10

It starts off with such a cute little lifthill, about 12ft tall I guess, leading to the only outdoor part of the ride, a little drop, some turns, no spinning. Back indoor, the cars travel slowly through some great Disney (nemo) theming. I really enjoyed it, but my love started to get disappointed after the long wait, she was all like ??????hey, is it a rollercoaster?!?????? [lol] Then, we reached the real lifthill. Believe it or not, it looked huge! The top was almost not visible as it was themed to be in a shallowly lighted large metal tube, through which at one place, a shark breaks in. After that, the trains are released into darkness with only few lights and theming, and I guess that??????s where the spinning began. We got the swooping first drop backwards, and I have to confess it really caught me off guard, which was a great experience. The following layout was very smooth, probably the standard SC 2000 layout, of which multiple copies exist, but all the others outdoors. Compared to the winja??????s (the only other maurer & s?????hne spinners I??????ve ridden), Crush??????s Coaster was not as intense, but a lot more disorienting ?????? I rarely realized exactly what was going on, and my stomach was like floating all the time. Spinner in the dark, yay! Overall, the ride could have been longer and more forceful, but it was great fun nonetheless.

The rest of the morning, because of the huge crowd, we only managed to do Studio Tram Tour and some more walking and sitting in the beautiful main park until we had to go back home.

I have to say that this was the greatest of all my many stays at Disneyland Paris, and all because of my wonderful love. She??????s the reason I enjoyed everything twice as much as normally. Well, you know?????? she??????s the reason for virtually everything in my life.

The pics:

Image Insert:\nImage\n 98.02?????KB
My love with Captain Jack Sparrow. Unlike the other Disney characters who have fixed timetables, he just ??????appears from time to time??????. [;)]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 70.67?????KB
Even ???????Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril??????-haters have to admit that it??????s one gorgeously themed coaster!

Image Insert:\nImage\n 74.89?????KB

Image Insert:\nImage\n 50.28?????KB

Image Insert:\nImage\n 48.55?????KB
Space Mountain??????s launch is quite spectacular with all that smoke coming out of the cannon.

Image Insert:\nImage\n 75.39?????KB
The once honorable Phantom Manor. That??????s what a haunted mansion should look like! [worship]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 92.04?????KB
A cool little building near the Phantom Manor queue. It??????s not meant to be entered by the public, but however. [;)]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 60.41?????KB
Big Thunder Mountain??????s last turn before the final tunnel. That??????s what I call a birds & coasters picture [;)]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 77.02?????KB
My love at the Fort Frontierland. That??????s one of the places I discovered with her for the first time, even if it had always been there when I visited Disneyland!

Image Insert:\nImage\n 77.07?????KB
A shot from the stuntshow at walt disney studios.

Image Insert:\nImage\n 110.14?????KB
Me and my love standing in line to buy some ???????studio catering?????? food near ???????cinemagique??????. [:)]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 76.96?????KB
The intimidating Tower of Terror with surrounding scenery. Can??????t wait to ride it!

Image Insert:\nImage\n 78.16?????KB
The dragon in his cove below the great Disney Castle. Sleeping, at the moment??????

Image Insert:\nImage\n 78.09?????KB
Indiana Jones in the night. I love its dangerous look! The drop in the foreground leads into the viciously tight vertical loop.

Image Insert:\nImage\n 78.18?????KB
Disney lighting ?????? 15th anniversary of Disneyland AND pre-Christmas combined! I know it??????s kinda fancy, but hey, it??????s impressive. [;)]

Image Insert:\nImage\n 80.27?????KB

Image Insert:\nImage\n 111.86?????KB

...And I really wanted this to be a short TR [lol]

- Pad
Last edited by Pad on December 4th, 2007, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 4th, 2007, 9:45 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
[lol] Looks like you had a hella fun time! I LOVE that second to last picture. They really know how to light up a castle!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports