Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
Visit #22 - July 21, 2016

After a day at work, I arrived at the park and park my car before 4:30pm. After walking through the entrance gates, I attempted the ladder climb game, but failed. I still had fun though. I then rode the Dark Knight twice, as there was no line after my first ride. Batman was my next ride, and the wait time was around 20 minutes. I then watched the 5:30 showing of This Magic Moment, and that showing was the funniest show I've even seen.

This was followed by a ride on Skull Mountain, which had a short wait at the station. After that, while refilling my souvenir cup at the Sky Bar, I decided to try out the Cheetos popcorn that they were selling, and it was good. This pic shows my approval for it.

After that, I rode the Joker, where I waited 10 minutes in line, and flipped 3 times on the green side. This was followed by a ride on Dare Devil Dive, which is always worth my money when I'm in the mood to ride it. After that, I rode Zumanjaro three times, with each ride being on every gondola. I then left the park after 8:15pm.

Total ride count:
Dark Knight: x2
Batman: x1
Skull Mountain: x1
The Joker: x1
Dare Devil Dive: x1
Zumanjaro: x3

Nothing to say about the crowds, as the rides I've went on didn't have long lines. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I want Cheetos popcorn! D:
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I like Six Flags Great Adventure
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Love his deep thoughts for SF Great Adventure! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Visit #23 - July 27, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park and arrived at around 4:30pm. Immediately after passing the entrance gates, I rode the Joker. I waited ten minutes in line, rode it on the purple side, and flipped one and a half times. This was followed by a ride on the Dare Devil Dive, and afterwards, I was planning on seeing the Wildlife Games, but as it turns out, it didn't have a 6pm showing as I thought, since it was advertised to have a 6pm show when I obtained a schedule for shows on one of my previous visits. Even with that, I kept going on with my day.

Zumanjaro was my next ride, which I rode twice, due to no lines, which was caused by a short breakdown before I rode it. I then took a walk across the park to the Dark Knight, which had a short wait. This was followed by Nitro, which had a 10 minute wait. Skull Mountain was next, and it had a very short wait at the station, and it was pretty much a walk on. The Harley Quinn Crazy Train was my last ride of the day. I left the park after 7pm.

Instead of pics of something in the park, I present a YouTube vlog.

Total ride count:
The Joker: x1
Dare Devil Dive: x1
Zumanjaro: x2
Dark Knight: x1
Nitro: x1
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x1

About the crowds: it wasn't a dead day, but there were short lines. Plus, since it was a hot day, I would like to assume that a lot of people cooled down at Hurricane Harbor most of the time. It was also a weekday, so not too busy, which is a good thing. As usual, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you've chosen to ride roller coasters such as Skull Mountain and Dark Knight instead of El Toro and Kingda Ka on MANY of your visits? Because the mere thought of going to that amusement park and not riding El Toro and Kingda Ka makes me feel violently ill.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

^ Well why don't you try that kind of question in the "This or that?" thread? Like "If you have a season pass, do you like to keep riding small coasters or big ones at the same park?"

:)

No, I'm not going to do that.

tiepilot35 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there any reason you've chosen to ride roller coasters such as Skull Mountain and Dark Knight instead of El Toro and Kingda Ka on MANY of your visits? Because the mere thought of going to that amusement park and not riding El Toro and Kingda Ka makes me feel violently ill.

In my previous visits, I don't always ride Kingda Ka or El Toro. If I feel that the line for a certain ride is too long for me, I skip that ride and ride it another day. Plus, I always enjoy the smaller rides and coasters. Coaster enthusiast always tries to get a credit on them.

Another factor is when I get there when I visit. If I go to the park after work, there will be some crowds, depending on what day of the week it is. If I go to the park the moment it opens for the day, people will line up for the big rides first. I'm usually there for about three to four hours on average, so it's not like a trip to Cedar Point or Walt Disney World.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #24 - August 4, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park and arrived before 4:45pm. Immediately after passing the entrance gates, I rode the Dark Knight, where I waited 15 minutes in line. After that, I watched the 5:30 showing of This Magic Moment, which was followed by a ride on Skull Mountain, which was literally a walk on. After that, I decided to take a ride on the Road Runner Railway, because kiddie coasters are fun to ride.

This was followed by a ride on Nitro, where I waited five minutes in line. After that, I took a walk across the park to ride El Toro, which had a 20 minute wait. I rode El Toro on the last row of the 5th car. After that, I took a walk back across the park to Batman, which I rode twice as the line was short at the station. My last ride of the day was a second ride on Nitro, where I waited less than ten minutes in line. I then left the park before 8:15pm.

Now for a YouTube vlog about this visit.

Total ride count:
Road Runner Railway: x1
Nitro: x2
El Toro: x1
Batman: x2

Nothing to say about the crowds, but the line for El Toro was a surprise to me though. Even though it's still summer, there have been days where it's not the busiest. Sometimes, the weather can cause smaller crowds, especially when it's not warm during the day. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Cool all the time! :D

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You got lucky with those lines lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Visit #25 - August 12, 2016

After working overtime hours at my job, I headed to the park and arrived after 4:30pm. Because of the wet weather, most of the rides were closed. They were even people leaving Hurricane Harbor after it closed early and causing some traffic. After passing through the entrance gates, I headed for the Dark Knight, as the indoor rides were the only rides open. Because of the wet weather bringing people to the Dark Knight, the wait time was 45 minutes, but I didn't care, as I wanted to get on at least one ride during my visit. Here's the line for the Dark Knight when I started waiting.

After the Dark Knight, I walked around the park, and saw that the Harley Quinn Crazy Train was open, so I got a ride on that. Because of the rain getting onto the track, it felt faster than normal. Maybe it's just me. I don't know. After that, I walked across the park to see if anything else was opening, as the weather appeared to start clearing up. I saw El Toro was open, and got in line for it. However, when reaching the station, El Toro closed for weather. The same thing was with Bizarro, as it was open when El Toro was open. What a huge bummer. With nothing else thrilling being open, I left the park at around 7pm.

Here's some nature pics I felt like taking at the park.

Total ride count:
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x1

Nothing worth saying in this part of the report. Blame it on the weather. As usual, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

I always find the nature view from the top of a Nitro's lift hill, gorgeous! :)

Visit #26 - August 18, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park and arrived at around 4:30pm. After passing through the entrance gates, the first ride I got in line for was the Dark Knight, and I waited about a half an hour in line before getting on. Immediately after that, I saw the 5:30 showing of This Magic Moment. I then headed for Congo Rapids, but after placing my stuff in the lockers, it closed down for technical difficulties, so I rode the Road Runner Railway to kill some time. After that, Congo Rapids reopened and I got my ride. I was lucky to get my ride, as it closed again for technical difficulties.

After a break from riding rides to eat a funnel cake, I rode Skull Mountain, where I waited about 10 minutes in line. I then took a walk across the park to El Toro, where I waited 15 minutes in line, and immediately followed it up with a ride on El Diablo, where I waited around 5 to 10 minutes in line. After buying a T-shirt, I left the park after 8:15pm.

Now for two pics that I felt like taking.

Total ride count:
Road Runner Railway: x1
Congo Rapids: x1
El Diablo: x1

From what I'm hearing, the park has been busy on some days, but at least the lines for the rides I got on weren't too long. I plan on making my next visit to the park on Friday next week, so I'll see how busy it will be throughout that time. Until then, that is all.
Follow me on Instagram!

Clouds are making those megastructures look darn strong! :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I like the second picutre quite a bit, nice composition and the lighting is fantastic! Mayeb would have been better if you'd not captured the nearest light - takes the focus away from the main subject of the photo!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Visit #27 - August 26, 2016

I arrived at the park before 10am. The first ride I headed for after the entrance gates opened was Nitro. The line for it opened three minutes before the rides were scheduled to open. For my first ride on Nitro for the day, I was on the front row, and was the only person on the train I was on. Afterwards, there wasn't a lot of people waiting in line for Nitro, so I was able to ride it up to NINE TIMES IN A ROW without getting back in line, before all of the rows were filling up with people waiting to ride. This beats the time I rode Nitro seven times in a row without getting back in line on one of my previous visits.

Afterwards, I rode Batman, which was a literal walk on. This was followed by walking across the park to El Toro, and the wait in the station was short. El Diablo was immediately followed by El Toro, and during my ride on El Diablo, there was hangtime for about five seconds. It was done twice, and it was fun, especially since a few people riding it thought that they were stuck upside down. They got bamboozled by the ride operator.

After that, I rode Kingda Ka, as the line happened to be short. I didn't keep track of how long I was waiting in line, but it took at least 15 minutes in line to get on, as a train was being transferred on, due to the amount of people waiting in line for Kingda Ka increasing. This was immediately followed by a ride on Zumanjaro. I then left the park after 1pm.

No pics or video for this report, as I wasn't in the mood to do so for this visit.

Total ride count:
Nitro: x9
El Diablo: x1
Kingda Ka: x1
Zumanjaro: x1

Since it was a hot day, more people were at Hurricane Harbor than Great Adventure, so that would usually cause less wait time on rides until half of everyone from Hurricane Harbor heads to the park after it closes for the day. Plus, I was sweating at some points during the visit. If you're ever feeling hot during you day at the park, always go to any of the food stands, and ask for a cup of water, since it's free and will hydrate you. I actually did that twice at different food stands at the park. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Big rides this time! :D

Visit #28 - September 1, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park arrived at around 4:30pm. After passing through the entrance gates, I got in line for the Joker. There was some wet weather earlier in the day, so it was drizzling for some time, but it did clear up later in the day. At one point, it started to rain more, and the Joker had to close because of it. While it was still raining for the brief amount of time, I rode the SkyScreamer. It was very interesting to ride the SkyScreamer in the rain. After that, I rode the Dark Knight, where the preshow wasn't running due to the small crowds at the park. This was followed by a ride on Batman, which was a walk on. Nitro was my next ride. When I got to the station, it was down for technical difficulties. It took 5 to 10 minutes to reopen.

After Nitro, I got my ride on the Joker, where I was on the purple side and flipped twice. I then took a ride on Superman, followed by Green Lantern, both of which had short station waits. This was immediately followed by getting in line for Kingda Ka. However, after waiting 20 minutes in line, it closed due to the weather in the area, so I decided to leave as I didn't want to waste my time. Houdini's Great Escape was my next ride. During my ride on Houdini, a couple of the effects weren't working, and I'm not sure why. I then took a second ride on the Joker, where I was on the green side, and flipped two and a half times. I then left the park before 8pm.

Now for some pics:

Total ride count:
SkyScreamer: x1
The Joker: x2
Superman: x1
Green Lantern: x1
Houdini's Great Escape: x1

Nothing to say about the crowds, as the wet weather caused it to be a dead day. Based on the park's schedule before Fright Fest, it'll only be open on Saturday and Sunday next week, so I aim to visit again on Saturday next week.

EDIT: I now realize that I can't visit on Saturday, as I'll be out of state that day, so I'll aim for Sunday, the day after, instead.
Last edited by DKCF on September 11th, 2016, 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Follow me on Instagram!

Post September 3rd, 2016, 10:47 am

I seriously find them beautiful, Green Lantern and Superman Ultimate Flight with the lights on! :D

Post September 11th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Visit #29 - September 11, 2016

I arrived at the park at around 9:45am. After the entrance gates opened at 10:15am, I headed for the Frontier Adventures section. When I got there, security was blocking access to it, and I would learn that they were opening that section at 11am. Instead of waiting, I headed for El Toro, which wasn't testing, nor preparing to open for some time, so I rode El Diablo twice in a row. Afterwards, I headed for Kingda Ka, and rode it twice, and waited ten minutes in line for both rides. After that, I headed back to the Plaza Del Carnaval section to ride El Toro. When I got in line, it was pretty much a walk on, and I was able to ride El Toro front row, which was awesome.

After El Toro, I rode the Log Flume and got sprinkled on it, and that was followed by a ride on the Runaway Mine Train. I then took a walk across the park to Congo Rapids, which was pretty much a walk on, as I was able to get an open seat on it very quickly, and I got half of my body wet while during my ride. Immediately afterwards, I rode Nitro, where I waiting a half hour in line before getting on. After Nitro, I took a ride on the Dark Knight. Including the preshow, I waited in line for about 20 minutes. My last ride of the day was on Batman, where I waited around 10 to 15 minutes in line. After writing a guest compliment at Guest Relations, I left the park before 2:30pm.

Now for the only pic I took during my visit.

All of this water will turn into blood once Fright Fest begins!

Total ride count:
El Diablo: x2
Kingda Ka: x2
Log Flume: x1
Runaway Mine Train: x1
Congo Rapids: x1

In the morning, crowds weren't an issue, as the wait times were either short, or there was no wait time. In the afternoon, the crowds got bigger, and this caused some wait times. I'll be back at the park on Friday night, the first night of Fright Fest.
Follow me on Instagram!

Post September 13th, 2016, 11:17 am

Monsters even wanna get soaked lol! :lol:

Post September 17th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Visit #30 - September 17, 2016

I didn't visit the park yesterday, as I decided to hang out with friends instead, but I did head to the park today, and arrived at 4:20pm. :D After passing through the entrance gates, I got my season pass upgraded for next year, which was followed by buying an express season pass for the Fright Fest trails. Immediately after buying my trail pass, I went through the Manor, one of the three indoor trails. This was followed by a ride on the Dark Knight, where I waited at least 20 minutes in line, including the preshow. After that, I got in line for the first showing of Dead Man's Party, as I've wanted to grab a seat in case it reaches capacity. Both the Awakening and Dead Man's Party are different from last year, and in my opinion, are completely better. Dead Man's Party did include a couple of songs from previous years, as well as new ones with new choreography, and I literally made a standing ovation as soon as it ended. I will definitely see the show again, and I might try to film it, only if security doesn't care about people filming the entire show. Here's a pic of what I think of as one of the best views for the show.

Immediately after seeing Dead Man's Party, I rode Batman, where I waited about a few minutes in line. This was followed by getting in line for Wasteland, one of the few trails in the park. I've only waited a few minutes before security let everyone waiting into the actual line for the trail. After that, I walked across the park to go to another trail. The next trail I went to was Big Top Terror, which is an indoor 3D trail. I then left the park after 7:30pm. While leaving the park, I took this pic.

Total ride count:

Total trail count:
The Manor: x1
Wasteland: x1
Big Top Terror: x1

Since it's Fright Fest, lines for some rides can be longer than usual. I'd highly recommend visiting the park before all of the Fright Fest activities begin. I'll be back at the park next weekend, either Friday night, or most of the day on Saturday that weekend.
Follow me on Instagram!

Post September 18th, 2016, 9:35 am

Oh I can safely say that "S:UF" looks neat at night, too! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports