Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

DKCF Goes To Six Flags Great Adventure 2016

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post September 24th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
Visit #31 - September 24, 2016

I arrived at the park at around 11am. After waiting around 10 minutes in line at the entrance gates, I took a ride on the SkyScreamer. After that, I got in line for Skull Mountain, as it had reopened with VR. However, after I got in line, it broke down, and after a half hour, I left the line as I didn't want to waste my time in there while it was being fixed. I then took a ride on the Dark Knight, where I waited around 5 to 10 minutes in line. This was followed by a ride on the Dare Devil Dive, which is always worth my money. After that, I took a ride on El Toro, where I waited 20 minutes in line, and after I got my ride, the line got longer, so I was fortunate to not wait in line too long. Soon after that, I rode Zumanjaro. I then left the park at around 1:30pm.

Now for two pics that I felt like taking.

Total ride count:
SkyScreamer: x1
Dark Knight: x1
Dare Devil Dive: x1
El Toro: x1
Zumanjaro: x1

I didn't stay for most of the day because I was hanging out with friends afterwards. I plan on visiting the park again next Saturday, so maybe I'll try to be there for a good amount of time.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

Post September 28th, 2016, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Yippee for your park visit on my birthday, that's cool! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Visit #32 - October 1, 2016

I arrived at the park at around 3:15pm. After passing through the entrance gates, I headed for the indoor trails, with the first being Big Top Terror, and Total Darkness being next. I then headed for Kingda Ka. After getting in line, it started to drizzle, which caused Kingda Ka to temporary closed. Instead of waiting in line, I took a ride on Zumanjaro. After that, the weather cleared up, and Kingda Ka reopened, and I got my ride on it on the front row after waiting 15 minutes in the front row line. While at Kingda Ka, I saw the green train on the storage track, so that means there might be a chance of it being used again. Here's a pic of it.

Here's what I look like after sitting front row on Kingda Ka.

My next ride was on the Joker, where I was able to wait in line for a short time due to single rider line. I rode the Joker on the purple side and did one and a half flips. This was followed by the Dark Knight, which had a 10 minute wait. Afterwards, I took a ride on the SkyScreamer, which was followed by a ride on the Swashbuckler.

I then took my second ride on the Joker. This time, I was on the green side, and flipped twice. I then took a walk across the park to take a ride on the Runaway Mine Train. After that, I took a walk through the Manor. I then left the park before 6:10pm. I then took a drive to Asbury Park, NJ to attend a small rock concert.

Total ride count:
Zumanjaro: x1
Kingda Ka: x1
The Joker: x2
Swashbuckler: x1
Runaway Mine Train: x1

Total trail count:
Big Top Terror: x1
Total Darkness: x1
The Manor: x1

During my time at the park, the crowds weren't an issue for me, as there weren't any long lines for the rides I went on. As always, I aim to visit again in the next few days.
Follow me on Instagram!

Wow your face reaction after the "Kingda Ka" front ride reminds me of this:

- @0:21! No offense to what you did at all, but I rather respect! Hilarious! :lol:

Visit #33 - October 7, 2016

I arrived at the park after 5:35pm. Immediately after passing through the entrance gates, I got in line for Skull Mountain, where I waited in line for 10 to 15 minutes. Considering that Skull Mountain is using VR headsets for Fright Fest, I wanted to take a ride on it with VR before the line gets too long later in the day. However, the headset I was given didn't work properly, and when I mentioned it to the ride attendants, I was given a pass to ride it again, which is what they give to people who had a problem with the headsets during the ride.

After that, I took a ride on Nitro, where I waited less than 10 minutes in line, and that was followed by a ride on the Dark Knight, which had a 5 to 10 minute wait. I then went through Cell Block 6, the new trail for this season, and I thought it was a good addition to this year's Fright Fest. Next up was a ride on Batman, and it was a short wait, which is good. This was followed by a walk through Wasteland. I then saw the 7:45pm showing of Dead Man's Party.

My next ride was a second take at Skull Mountain with VR. Since I had the pass that I was given due to a headset not working properly, all I had to do was wait in line at the Flash Pass line. Just like the first time, the headset wasn't working properly, which made me very disappointed, but I did get another pass because of it. Afterwards, I took a walk through Big Top Terror, and that was followed by Voodoo Island. During my walk through Voodoo Island, a lot of fog was used, and there was a dark section of the trail that I don't remember going through the last time I went through Voodoo Island, which was last year. I then took a walk through Bloodshed, which was the last trail that I went through during my visit.

I then took one more take at Skull Mountain with VR, and even with using the Flash Pass line with the pass I got for having a headset not working properly, I waited in that line for half an hour, and that was not only because of people with Flash Pass and ADA passes, it was also from people with passes for having bad headsets as well. When I got my headset and was about to get on the ride, I was hoping the headset would actually work because I was thinking about writing a complaint to Guest Relations if it didn't work properly during my third try. Thankfully, the headset actually worked this time. IT FINALLY WORKED!!! My ride on Skull Mountain with VR was actually quite fun, and I have to say that it was all worth it in the end after two rides with bad headsets. I then left the park after 10:05pm.

Now for night pics:

Total ride count:
Skull Mountain: x3
Nitro: x1
Batman: x1

Total trail count:
Cell Block 6: x1
Wasteland: x1
Voodoo Island: x1
Bloodshed: x1

As the night went by, lines started to get longer, even for the trails, so if you're going to the park for Fright Fest on a Friday night, get there as early as possible to get on whatever ride you want to get on. Plus, it's a good idea to invest in an express trail pass to beat the standard lines for the trails. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Me gusta el "Arco Iris"! (Rainbow!) - I'm talking about El Diablo at night! :D

Visit #34 - October 14, 2016

I arrived at the park at 5:40pm. After waiting around 15 minutes in line at the entrance gates, I immediately headed for the arena hosting the Awakening and Dead Man's Party, and saw both shows. Afterwards, I took a ride on the Dark Knight, which had a 10 minute wait. This was followed by a walk through Wasteland, alone. I then rode the SkyScreamer, which had a 15 minute wait. After that, I went through Big Top Terror, where I was paired up with a couple people, but ended going ahead of them. Maybe I walk way too fast when I try to walk slow.

My last ride of the night was on the Runaway Mine Train. Afterwards, I mainly went through a couple more haunted trails, starting with Bloodshed. This was followed by a walk through Total Darkness. The last trail that I went through during my visit was Cell Block 6, where I went in alone, but was able to catch up with the group ahead of me near the end of the trail. After all of that, I bought myself a Fright Fest hoodie from the gift shop across from Cell Block 6. I then left the park after 8:50pm.

Now for 2 pics:

Another great view of the stage.

Total ride count:

Total trail count:
Wasteland: x1
Bloodshed: x1
Cell Block 6: x1

Since this visit was on Friday night, I should invest in a Flash Pass, as lines do have the tendency to get really long on some rides. It has now become a habit for me to not ride certain rides if the line appears to be too long. I feel that waiting longer than half an hour in line is too long for me now at this time of the season. Who knows when I'll return to the park on a Saturday or Sunday this month. October has been a busy month for me on the weekends this year, mainly due to attending concerts and other fun activities other than Six Flags. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Wow you're impressive, I feel, as you never forget to post your trip logs every week! :D

Visit #35 - October 21, 2016

I arrived at the park at 5:10pm. After passing through the entrance gates, I headed for Skull Mountain, and used the VR headset. I waited in line for less than 10 minutes, and had a good ride. This was immediately followed by a ride on Nitro, where there was no line, other than a short station wait. This was the same for Batman, which was my next ride. I then took a ride on Dark Knight, where the preshow wasn't being used, and I waited 5 minutes in line. Before my ride on Batman, I took this pic.

My next ride was on the SkyScreamer, where I waited in line for 10 minutes, and that was followed by a ride on the Joker, where I waited in line for 15 minutes, used the single rider line like I always do, rode it on the green side, and did one flip and 2 half flips. While in line for the Joker at the first set of switchbacks, a group of about 10 kids kept cutting me, and I was annoyed by it, but they ended up using some common sense and let me pass them when we all got to where the line ended. It's not uncommon for people to cut through the first set of switchbacks for the Joker, and hopefully, the park will make an opening in it sometime soon so people don't have to hop the handrails all the time when they're too lazy to walk through the entire switchback.

After the Joker, I took a walk through Big Top Terror, which was followed by grabbing myself a treat at the Rita's stand. Since my local Rita's is closed until the spring of next year, I decided to take a break from the rides and dealing with the insanity of the ghouls by stopping by that stand. It costs a bit more than a Rita's outside Six Flags, but it's always satisfying. This was followed by a walk through Total Darkness, and a ride on the Twister. I then left the park at around 8:05pm. Now for a pic of me enjoying what I got from the Rita's stand.

Yes, my hair is tied back.

Total ride count:
Skull Mountain: x1
The Joker: x1
Twister: x1

Total trail count:

Considering that I skipped the Awakening and Dead Man's Party, it appears to me that some rides won't be too busy in the park's early hours on Friday night until the night goes by, so it's a good idea to take advantage of that before it ends up taking longer than usual to wait in line for a ride. As always, I aim to visit again next week, the final weekend of Fright Fest.
Follow me on Instagram!

Yes, my hair is tied back.

Haha, I (soon) noticed your new hairdo! :D

^ Back to your main story, VR DOES fit with indoor coasters, I assume! :D

Visit #36 - October 30, 2016

I arrived at the park before 10:20am. After waiting around 20 minutes at the security gate and a few more minutes at the entrance gates, I headed for Superman, which opened 20 minutes later than the park's opening time, but I still got my ride, at the front row. After that, I headed for Bizarro, and rode it at the front row. The Runaway Mine Train was my next ride, and I rode it at the front row. I then took a ride on the Skyway, which was followed by a ride on Nitro, which was a walk on.

After enjoying a funnel cake, I took a ride on the Road Runner Railway, which was followed by a ride on Batman, which had a short wait at the station. The Dark Knight was my next ride, and with the preshow running, I waited 10 minutes in line before getting on. I then took my second ride on Nitro, and this time, I waited around 5 to 10 minutes in line, as more people started to get in line for it. My last ride of the day was on the Fender Benders, where I waited in line for around 15 to 20 minutes. I then left the park before 1:50pm.

Now for two pics that I think are cool.

Total ride count:
Superman: x1
Bizarro: x1
Skyway: x1
Nitro: x2
Road Runner Railway: x1
Fender Benders: x1

Even with a large crowd waiting to get in the park in the morning, it wasn't as crowded as it would be on a busy day. It's always a good idea to get to the park when it's not too crowded before the lines start getting longer.

Before I end this report, I'll tally up the amount of times I've went through the haunted trails this season, as this is the final weekend for Fright Fest.

Overall trail count:
Big Top Terror: x5
Total Darkness: x3
Wasteland: x3
The Manor: x2
Cell Block 6: x2
Bloodshed: x2
Voodoo Island: x1

As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

It'll be sad to see your reports end. 2016 season will end in 2 months, I know. :sad:

Visit #37 - November 5, 2016

I arrived at the park after 1:50pm. The first ride I got on was the Joker, where I waited in line for less than 10 minutes, was on the purple side, and flipped 2 and a half times. Because of the short line, I took a second ride on the Joker. This time, I waited in line for less than 5 minutes, was on the green side, and again flipped 2 and a half times.

My next ride was on El Toro, which was a walk on. This was followed by a ride on El Diablo, where the ride had 10 second hang time twice, and ran longer than it usually would. Kingda Ka was my next ride. After getting in line, it broke down for about 5 minutes, and in total, I waited in line for 10 minutes. Again, because of the short line, I got back in line. This time, Kingda Ka broke down for about 10 minutes, and a train was transferred off, with another one brought on line. I waited in line for a total of 20 minutes before getting my second ride on Kingda Ka.

Here's a video of the train on Kingda Ka being transferred off.

I then took a walk across the park to the Dark Knight, where I waited in line for less than 15 minutes. My next rides were Batman and Nitro, both of which had short waits at the station. My next ride on Skull Mountain was a walk on. I then took a ride on the SkyScreamer, where I waited on line for at least 5 minutes, which was followed by a ride on Swashbuckler. The Harley Quinn Crazy Train was my next ride, where I waited in line for less than 10 minutes. My last ride of the day was my third ride on the Joker, where I waited in line for less than 5 minutes, was on the green side, and again flipped 2 and a half times. I then left the park at 5:35pm. I then drove to Asbury Park, NJ for a small rock concert.

Here's a pic of the Christmas tree being set up over the fountain for Holiday in the Park.

Total ride count:
The Joker: x3
El Toro: x1
El Diablo: x1
Kingda Ka: x2
Swashbuckler: x1
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x1

Nothing to say about the crowds, as the lines were short. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

^ Great as always! Keep us in the loop! :D

Post November 10th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Visit #38 - November 10, 2016

After a day at work, I headed to the park and arrived after 4:30pm The first ride I got on was the Joker, where I waited in line for half an hour, was on the green side, and flipped twice. After that, I rode Skull Mountain on the front row, Nitro in the very back, and Batman on the front row in that order, all of which were walk ons. All of this was followed by a ride on the Dark Knight, which had a short wait, and the preshow wasn't being used. My last ride of the night was on the SkyScreamer, where I waited in line for 5 minutes. I then left the park before 6:10pm.

I didn't take any pics because of how short this visit was.

Total ride count:

With the exception of the line for the Joker, this was a great visit, even if I was there for a short time. Who knows how the crowds will be for the rest of the season. As always, I aim to visit again next week, on the first weekend of Holiday in the Park.
Follow me on Instagram!

^ I guess that you've had a lot of brilliant short and long stays for almost a year! :D

Visit #39 - November 20, 2016

I arrived at the park after 1:30pm. After crossing the entrance gates, I rode the Joker. The wait was short, I rode it on the purple side, and did half a flip. Immediately afterwards, I took a look at the Merry Market Place section right next to the Joker, where it sold warm treats and had fire pits. I bought a s'mores kits from one of the stands and made my s'mores at one of the fire pits there, and it was good. This was followed by a ride on the SkyScreamer. Because of the wind and cold temperatures, it was interesting to deal with that during my ride.

My next rides were on Skull Mountain and Batman, both of which were walk ons. I then rode the Dark Knight twice, as there was no line after my first ride. I then took a walk across the park to ride the Twister. This was followed by my second ride on the Joker. This time, it was a walk on, and again, I rode it on the purple side, and did half a flip. I then left the park after 3:15pm.

Here's a pic of the Christmas Tree at the fountain.

Total ride count:
Dark Knight: x2
Twister: x1

Nothing to say about the crowds. The cold and windy weather didn't make the park busy. I plan to be back at the park on Friday.
Follow me on Instagram!

Post November 21st, 2016, 11:42 pm

^ They are gettin' ready for the winter season! :D

Visit #40 - November 25, 2016

I arrived at the park after 1:20pm. The first ride I got on was Nitro, which I rode three times, two to which were in a row without getting back in line. This was followed by a ride on Batman, and after that, I stopped by the fire pits right nearby for some S'mores, which was later followed by a ride on the Dark Knight, followed by the SkyScreamer.

I then took a ride on the Joker, where I waited in line for a few minutes, was on the green side, and flipped twice. Because of the intensity of that first ride on the Joker, I decided to ride it again. This time, I waited in line for 15 minutes, and was on the green side again, but for that ride, I did two full flips, and two half flips. I then headed for Superman and got my ride on that. I waited in line for that for less than 20 minutes. I then took a walk to the other side of the park for a ride on Skull Mountain, where I waited in line for about 20 minutes. I then left the park after 4:20pm.

Here's a pic that I'm proud to take. The queue for the Joker finally has an opening in the first switchback!

Total ride count:
Nitro: x3

When I first got to the park for the day, it wasn't crowded and lines were short. As the day went by, more people came by and lines started to fill up. Who knows how the lines will be when the park begins Friday night operations. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

December is coming. Keep us amused! :D

Visit #41 - December 2, 2016

I arrived at the park after 5:35pm. The first ride I got on was the Joker. I waited in line for it for a couple minutes, rode it on the green side, and flipped two and a half times. After that, I took a ride on the Skyway. Taking a ride on the Skyway at night with the lights on around the park was magnificent. It was a round trip ride, since some sections of the park were closed off. I then rode Skull Mountain three times without getting back in line, twice in the very back row, and once in the front row.

This was followed by a ride on Nitro, which was followed by the Dark Knight, which I rode three times in a row due to it having no line. After that, I decided to check out the arcade nearby, and played the coin pusher machines they had. I then took a ride on the SkyScreamer, which was followed by a ride on the Harley Quinn Crazy Train. My last ride of the night was my second ride on the Joker, where I was on the purple side, and flipped twice. I then left the park after 7:50pm.

Here are three pic that I took.

Here's a video of my ride on the Skyway.

Total ride count:
Skull Mountain: x3
Dark Knight: x3
Harley Quinn Crazy Train: x1

Since this was on Friday night, it wasn't busy. I would have stayed at the park until closing, but I still had a good time. As always, I aim to visit again next week.
Follow me on Instagram!

Visit #42 - December 18, 2016

I arrived at the park at 3:20pm. The first ride I got on was the Joker, where I rode it on the purple side, and did two half flips. This was followed by a ride on Skull Mountain on the very back row. After that, I rode Nitro and Batman, both of which were at the front row. For Batman however, I rode it twice in a row without getting back in line. I then took a ride on Dark Knight, which had the preshow running despite having little to no line.

I then took a ride on the SkyScreamer, which was followed by a ride on the Skyway after noticing that it had opened for the night. I then took a walk across the park for a ride on Green Lantern and Superman, both of which were running with just one train. My rides on both coasters were at the front row. I then left the park after 5:25pm.

Here's a pic I took after getting off Superman.

Total ride count:
Batman: x2
Green Lantern: x1

It was pretty much a dead day, so I got nothing to say about the crowds. I aim to visit again this upcoming Friday.
Follow me on Instagram!

Happy Christmas to you all... It may be early to say like that, I know! :D

Visit #43 - December 23, 2016

Today was different. I drove to the park thinking it opened at 1pm. When I got to the exit that leads to the park, the gate was closed, so I took a look at the park's Facebook page for anything, before looking at the Six Flags app to realize that it was opening at 5pm. I'm such an idiot. Considering that my drive to the park from home takes around 45 minutes, there was no point in heading home and waiting for the park to open, so I stayed in the area. At one point before the park opened the parking lot, I took some pics of the lake adjacent to it. Something to do to kill some time.

Afterwards, I made my way into the parking lot, parking my car after 4:10pm. After the entrance gates opened 10 minutes before the rides opened, I headed for Nitro, which was my first ride of the night, riding it in the front row three times in a row without getting back in line. After that, I headed for the Dark Knight, but when I got there, it closed for technical difficulties, so I had some S'mores. I then took a ride on Batman, which was followed by a ride on the SkyScreamer.

I then rode the Joker, riding it on the green side, and did 2 flips and 3 half flips. This was followed by a ride on Skull Mountain on the front row. My last ride of the night was on the Dark Knight, which I was able to ride twice in a row before the line came by from the preshow. After buying a pink souvenir bottle, I left the park before 6:40pm. Here's a pic of me with my pink souvenir bottle, which was being sold for $5. Something for me to get before the year ends.

Total ride count:
Nitro: x3
Dark Knight: x2

Nothing to say about the crowds, even with this visit being on the day before Christmas Eve. I aim to visit again on Monday, the day after Christmas.
Follow me on Instagram!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm surprised so many rides ran in cold, then again 40 degrees in New Jersey is very different than 40 degrees in Chicago with the wind.

I need to visit this park at some point.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports