Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Dollywood 12/13/14 - Looking for Advice as a 1st Timer

Dollywood 12/13/14 - Looking for Advice as a 1st Timer

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
So I'll be at Dollywood with the Coaster Crew on 12/13/14 (Saturday) for their Christmas event. If you want to meet up or have any info about the park or the area it would be very helpful.

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Dollywood is one of the best parks I've been to. The layout is different though. You can take a long road of shops and shows before you get to the coasters or there's a small path to the left of the Dollywood sign at the entrance that takes you back to Thunderhead. You might get a glimpse at the markings for their 2016 attraction if you take the back path. The day I went was middle of August and the place was dead. I got 3 rides on Thunderhead with the train to myself. I'm not sure what that means for crowds in December. The area itself is VERY touristy. If you can find a hotel off the main road, Parkway, please do. You will be bombarded with go-kart tracks, old time photo shops, and dinner theaters. If you want to be close to the park, stay in Pigeon Forge itself. The park is on the far end of Pigeon Forge close to the National Park. On the other side of the Park is Gatlinburg. This town is much more authentic that the other two. Spend some time here if you get the chance.

Return to Theme Park Meets