Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Dollywood 2007 :: Possible Eurofighter?

Dollywood 2007 :: Possible Eurofighter?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 30th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Dollywood has received approval to build the Mystery Mine Ride that will be over 120 feet tall for 2007! No details have been released about the ride, other than construction will start in about one month.

Click here to view the news article about this new Dollywood addition.

Post March 30th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

I think it will be a eurofighter. Either that or a B&M dive machine, but that I hightly doubt. Good thing i have delayed my 15 park tour around eastern us to 2007, Dollywood is one of my stopping places.

edit: wow, 3000 posts chris

Post March 30th, 2006, 6:10 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
3000? That's nothing [lol] Look at me!

The idea sounds good. I hope to see it actually will be build... [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 30th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I remember seeing concept art for this. It was like a haunted mill or somthing. I hope someone could find it!

Post March 31st, 2006, 8:22 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

I'm sure whatever the ride it ill be a BIG hit. Dollywood is good at finding rides that suit the park perfectly. Hopefully this new addition will give some more publicity to the park. Ive never been, but by the looks of it it's and aswome place.

Post March 31st, 2006, 11:35 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Well, so much for the theory of CP building the EuroFighter. If it's 120 feet, that would fill the "One of the biggest rides we've done, in North America" status. Back to speculation...

Post March 31st, 2006, 3:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

I made a trip out to Dollywood for the opening of Thunderhead and I can say it's worth a trip just for this coaster, my now 2nd favorite woody just behind The Beast(PKI). Tenessee Tornado is awesome too and the rest of the park is just great. An awesome atmosphere. This might be cause for another trip next year.

Post April 2nd, 2006, 1:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Hepta your right dude, its not going to be a B+M dive machine.
120 ft is just too short for a dive-machine now after BGT unleashed Sheikra. No limeight would be on it at all.
If it was a 120ft dive-machine think of the duration of actuall verticle free-fall you will get? Close to none man.
It must be a Eurofighter. No question. Love the idea for theming it looks great. Hope it doesn't take any popularity of 'Speed' at Oakwood[:D] but nevertheless, should be a great addition to the park.
Dollwood has always appealed to me because the obscurity of the park, its just a wonderful place to look at[:D].

Post April 4th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Post April 4th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Thanks for the posting the link from the first page 6 days later! Anyways this is sure to be very cool, no matter what type of ride it is. Dollywood has also been creeping up my list of parks that I must go to.

Post April 4th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by english coaster guy

Hepta your right dude, its not going to be a B+M dive machine.
120 ft is just too short for a dive-machine now after BGT unleashed Sheikra. No limeight would be on it at all.
If it was a 120ft dive-machine think of the duration of actuall verticle free-fall you will get? Close to none man.
It must be a Eurofighter. No question. Love the idea for theming it looks great. Hope it doesn't take any popularity of 'Speed' at Oakwood[:D] but nevertheless, should be a great addition to the park.
Dollwood has always appealed to me because the obscurity of the park, its just a wonderful place to look at[:D].

To be quite honest - Speed is nothing to me compared to Typhoon. Typhoon is just so sweet because its so compact.

And if it is a Eurofighter you wont even hear of Speed in the states so its irrelevant. But it will be cooler no matter what because Dollywood is just in a gorgeous area. Plus they go the extra mile to make things look really authentic.

Post April 6th, 2006, 8:37 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Your right dude^

It's true.
Every good American thrill ride is planned to a high extent of carefull ability. The theming plays a big part in a ride but apart from Alton, english parks dont really give a flying f**k about theming.

Heres a great example.
I'll compare two S+S Shot Towers 'Dr Dooms Fearfall' @ IOA and 'Space-Shot' @ Southport PL.

I was absolutely amazed by the theming on DDFF. I walked into Dr Dooms lab and was absolutely blown away by the sheer detail that has gone into every figure and even every section of the wall.
And as you approach the docking bay you are told which door to go to. 1, 2, 3 or 4.
You find your number imprinted on the wall and stand outside these elevator type doors which are extremly effective and again, well themed.
As all this is indoors i didnt know where i was and what i was doing. And before i could think the elevator doors opened and there, right in-front of us was our seats. I thought 'wow', how amazing was all that malarkie about. The theming was what made a S+S tower actually enjoy-able.

And Space-Shot, seriously drole. Its just about 4 bars in the middle of the floor that you have to walk through, really bad.
I mean money is obviously an issue. But i know southport get 1000's of pounds off their sister park Blackpool so i dont know why they couldnt at least put a roof over youre head.

Well, that just shows the difference between America and England when it come to little things like that that really P**s me off.

Thanks for listning, your friendly neiboughood fox. EcG[:D]

Post June 4th, 2006, 8:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally Posted by RRollergod:

Dolleywood has now realesed a new site for their new coaster! It also includeds the worlds corniest video!!!

http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/default.htm

Post June 4th, 2006, 8:29 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

For being something that is suppose to be at a professional level, I have to say that video is gay, and even an amature film maker should be ashamed of it.

Post June 4th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Thanx cool. I hate it when topics arn't moderated!

Post June 4th, 2006, 10:50 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
These accelerator and eurofighter coasters are really taking the coaster world by storm.

Post June 5th, 2006, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 2,658.00 Points
Eurofighters are pupular because they are cheaper than B&M coasters.

Post June 16th, 2006, 1:04 pm

Post June 16th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

heres a shot from the update, you can easily see the euro fighter style track

Post July 7th, 2006, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

the final update has just been released, showing the ride specs, a few teaser pics, and a video with a couple segments of POV

http://www.mysterymine.com

Post July 7th, 2006, 10:50 am

WoW, This is so disney and yes this is GARUNTEED a Eurofighter, and so it does go 95*. Also a new never-before used element... The roll-over loop!!!!

"What if there is no light at the end of the tunnel?"

Post July 7th, 2006, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

That immelmanoppostieofmanhattanexpressjustwithacurvingexitthingy looks pretty sweet...too bad I can't get the video to work.

Post July 7th, 2006, 10:55 am

Points on hand: 792.00 Points
its up on the mystery mine website it is indeed a heavy themed eurofighter

Post July 7th, 2006, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
Wow, that looks awesome! Especially the lifthill! And that inversion(3rd picture at 'concept drawings') too!

Post July 7th, 2006, 11:14 am

Points on hand: 107.00 Points
Check the facts!

Layout Steel, sit-down
Vertical lifts 2
Track length 1,811 feet (550 meters)
Ride duration 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Maximum speed 46 miles per hour (75 km/h)
Tallest vertical drop 85 feet at 95 degrees (25 meters)
Inversions 1 Heart-line Roll; 1 Rollover Loop
Vehicles 7 cars that carry 8 passengers; 4 passengers per row
Capacity 1,000 passengers per hour
Area 1.1 acres
Minimum Height Requirement 48 inches

There is TWO Lift Hills!!! So two 95 degrees Drops! and to confirm: "with hair-raising 95-degree drops"

The Ride seems to be pretty short so I think there will be a Dark Ride part in it: "Mystery Mine utilizes a state-of-the-art show experience built on special effects, audio and lots of excitement."

This is gonna be crazy and the theming seems so beautiful.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!