Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Dollywood adds Fire Chaser Express for 2014

Dollywood adds Fire Chaser Express for 2014

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 21st, 2013, 11:44 am

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
They say where there's smoke, there's fire. Well, in the Smoky Mountains that's more than just a saying. Fortunately, it seems like with every big blaze, there?????????ve always been a few brave souls willing to answer the call ????????? heroes able to tame nature?????????s fury and preserve the Smokies for generations to come!

Now comes your turn to celebrate that heroic spirit in a new coaster that's sure to test your mettle, and leave you screaming for more! It's the FireChaser Express ????????? the nation's first dual launch family coaster ????????? blasting riders forward and backward!

In the live stream, they indicated that the height requirement is only 39 inches.

http://fce.dollywood.com/index.php#.UhTfaG1AR8M
Last edited by jdmi012 on August 21st, 2013, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 21st, 2013, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 94.00 Points
Dollywood already has another coaster called Blazin' Fury. Fire Chaser is literally a two word adjective for Blazin' Fury. Wtf? Herschend logic...

Post August 21st, 2013, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
No it's not. Blazin' Fury is one such fury that is described as blazing; either very hot or moving very quickly. Firechaser Express describes a specific express, a vehicle which is used to chase a fire, hence firechaser. I'm not sure how those two are related at all.

I wish they had released some renderings of the layout, I really have no idea what we can expect with this. Did they even release who is manufacturing it?

Post August 21st, 2013, 10:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Originally posted by tiepilot35

No it's not. Blazin' Fury is one such fury that is described as blazing; either very hot or moving very quickly. Firechaser Express describes a specific express, a vehicle which is used to chase a fire, hence firechaser. I'm not sure how those two are related at all.

I wish they had released some renderings of the layout, I really have no idea what we can expect with this. Did they even release who is manufacturing it?

Did you really just?
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 21st, 2013, 10:34 pm

I've been looking back all day. Footers are down so they must have some layout. Can't wait to find out!

Post August 22nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Ride Stats:
- Dual Launch Coaster
- Zero to 16MPH in 1.1 seconds
- Zero to 20MPH in 2 seconds
- 2,427 feet
- Two helices
- Six Zero Gravity Moments
- Trick Track Section
- Top Speed: 34.5 MPH
- 79 Feet
- Manufacturer: Gerstlauer

Post August 22nd, 2013, 6:58 pm

This is looking less exciting than I originally thought.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!