Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Dorney Park 2014 and 2015

Dorney Park 2014 and 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post May 29th, 2013, 9:31 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
So you all know that I work at Dorney and have for quite some time. Well, I am going to throw you all a bone as to our two new attractions for both 2014 and the guess for 2015.

Now the park has not announced anything but from what I can see in the water park they are drilling by the original wave pool. There are also orange markers up which seem to indicate something happening there. If you listened to the now on hiatus "G-Force Radio" podcast you know me and dmillz talked about a water park expansion expected for 2013. It looks like its been put off to 2014 though but there is work happening so that should be cool. Not sure what the scale of it is yet but if its starting now, I can only guess.

According to a friend of mine, not a Dippen Dots guy, we are getting a NEW, notice no quotes?, roller coaster. No idea on the type or where its going but he talked to someone that works full time and asked about it. Let the guessing games begin......NOW.

Remember, nothing has been announced so all this could just be a shot in the dark. Dont blame me if both of these are false.

Post May 30th, 2013, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm secretly hoping for an RMC woodie, or a dive machine would be nice and could fit in the limited space. as long as its not another inverted shuttle though I'll be happy.
What are these for?

Post May 30th, 2013, 8:49 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Ooo, I like... and I must have missed that you worked at Dorney. I'm a few hours away but when I go to an park, it's usually either Great Adventure or Dorney. Guess I'm do for a visit some time this Summer.

Post May 30th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Most likely not an RMC. They're basically exclusive with Six Flags right now. My guess is B&M something, because Cedar Fair has had a contract with them for the past few years. Probably a wingrider.

Post May 30th, 2013, 10:01 pm

The problem with a wing rider though is that it needs maassive elements which dorney doesn't really have the space for imo
What are these for?

Post May 30th, 2013, 10:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'd guess a GCI to "replace" Hercules, and yes I know Hydra was kind of that but you know what I mean.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 30th, 2013, 11:22 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

No wing-riders for Dorney. Not enough space for it.

I agree with coasterkid, due to the fact that we were supposedly getting a GCI during the CGA fiasco. I'd also say wood because stupid people will try to fight for us not to get it and wooden coasters are much quieter then steels. Though personally, I'd like a Mega-lite.

Post May 31st, 2013, 6:49 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

You'll get a snore-CI. With a little luck it will be more than fan turns.

Post May 31st, 2013, 11:52 am

I know this is something only we as enthusiest consider but the area doesn't need a GCI, we already have 2 techmnically 3 at hershey. I relize that its not probable but an RMC would really balance it out. Its the only type of woodie that is not within reasonable driving range
What are these for?

Post May 31st, 2013, 11:57 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Maybe they will be relocate a standup like one of the Vortexes to Dorney and it will be "new" then after a small refurb lel

Post May 31st, 2013, 9:48 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

I hope its not an RMC. All three that I have seen them do so far have looked slow and dull from the POVs posted. Maybe its just me though.

Also, its a NEW coaster not a "We are calling it new but, its really not new, but you people dont know that." ride. Again I hope its a Mega-Lite but I doubt it since the idiots in Centroina will try to block it by saying its too loud or something like they always do.

Personally, they knew the park was there when they moved there but they still cant get that through their common sense filters. GCI would be a good fit for the park considering Wildcat is shot to hell due to those PTCs it used to have, and Lightning Racer is a bit dull. Id like a "White Lightning" style ride there but something Boulder Dash-ey would work to.

I think we can safely say the Wingseeker idea is gone now and this new coaster will go near if not on that spot. Hell, it could be a new version of the "Little Laser a.k.a. Steel First" ride to. Granted we all hope its not.

Also,

Ooo, I like... and I must have missed that you worked at Dorney.

Thats neat rcmaniac25, you might have seen me on a few rides but I now work in the water park so it'll be a bit harder to find me. If you do though dont be afraid to say hi. You'll know you found me if you ask me about this website.

Post August 28th, 2013, 8:23 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Tetsu: I actually did go on August 10th, I had received night passes. I realized the last time I was there, Hydra hadn't been built yet.

Though I didn't go into the water park, I saw that there is now a second wave pool... at least I think there was only one the last time I was there.

I made the mistake of eating a bunch of greasy food before going to the park and, for probably the first time in my life, I got sick going on the roller coasters. I feel embarrassed to say that, but at least I didn't throw up [:(]. Made it on all the coasters though.

Also went through the "Dino walk"... thing... It was nice but seemed quite out of place in the park.

I feel like I've been so out of it lately with the amusement park "stuff". I need to get back in the swing of things.

Some photos: https://plus.google.com/photos/11471434 ... 4925836433

Post May 1st, 2014, 2:36 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Bringing this back up to see if we have any more clues on what to expect for a new ride?
I'd love a giga, but that's probably not going to happen, what about an Xcelerator?

Post May 1st, 2014, 3:14 pm

I dont think we would need an Xcelerator, with possesed, but then again there are 2 inverted shuttle standing right next to each other. I'm personally hoping for a Gravity group or an RMC, neither seem very likely because RMC has been almost exclusively six flags and gravity group seems to be busy with china and smaller coasters over here. but considering theres not much room, I wouldnt expect anything gigantic anyway
What are these for?

Post May 1st, 2014, 6:07 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea but I feel like a good launch coaster is what we need, Possessed doesn't count since that launch is over 4 run throughs of the LIMs. I loved Xcelerator last Novemeber and I would kill for a ride with that kind of acceleration over at Dorney.

Post May 1st, 2014, 6:17 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Maybe you'll get a Premier S:UF clone thing that has been popular lately

Post May 1st, 2014, 6:40 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That's not what I want...
Capacity nightmare unless it has dual loading.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!