Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster E-Stop

E-Stop

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 12th, 2003, 4:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I have no clue what one is except for the fact that it is an emergency stop, but I don't know what they are, what they are for, how you know if they are activated or not, or where to place them on my coasters. I know an e-stop is something important so could anyone give me some info on this?

Post May 12th, 2003, 5:13 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

if you press F12, the E-stop will be activated. All this is a test of is if the block system could safely bring all the trains to the stop if the coaster had to suddenly shut down for some reason. lots of coasters made here fail this because the train rolls through the midcourse brakes when the stop is active, and hits another train waiting at the station. Also, sometimes a train no longer has enough speed to finish the circuit after an E-stop. Both of these are considered major failures that could take up to 2 points off of the Technical score.

Post May 12th, 2003, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
It can also be more than 2 pts. off if your coaster has bad tech problems too. [;)]

Post May 12th, 2003, 6:23 pm

Thanks guys! but, how would I test the e-stop, like when do I hit F12? After the lift?

Post May 12th, 2003, 10:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
As soon as your coaster leaves the lift, hit F12. Once it is at a complete stop in the MCBS (Mid Course Brake Section), hit F12 to disable it. If it makes it back to the end brake without crashing into the coaster in the station, the E-Stop has passed. If you're thinking "how do I keep the 2nd coaster in the station," hit F11 as soon as the coaster you're in is on the lift to enable manual mode, but do not launch next coaster. If you have more than 2 trains you will have to make sure it doesn't fly through the brakes and into the other coasters. Hope this helps! [:)]

Post May 12th, 2003, 10:33 pm

Return to No Limits Coaster