Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Earth - a mountain coaster

Earth - a mountain coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 20th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points
The last months i've worked on a new Vekoma coaster. It's a multiloop coaster with two lifthills. The special thing of it is that it has got two inversions witch are interlocked. The coaster has got three trains and is quite fast. Here are some screens from the cartextures.

The interlocked loop:

New screens comming soon ;)
It found that the United States, find love

Post August 20th, 2009, 1:06 pm

Points on hand: 117.00 Points
This looks great! I never could get the timing right to get any interlocking elements to sync, good job!
The Best Ball Of Optimism and Neglect You Will Find For Miles!

Post August 21st, 2009, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Looks sexy. I cant wait for more pics.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post August 21st, 2009, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
Well, while it looks good, there's one thing that is bothering me. You have interlocking loops, and that take some serious timing. Is the dispatch times like 30secs. I don't know how people can think that it takes 20seconds to unload and load a 24-passenger train.

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post August 21st, 2009, 7:48 pm

Points on hand: 117.00 Points
Not every coaster made has to be realistic.
The Best Ball Of Optimism and Neglect You Will Find For Miles!

Post August 22nd, 2009, 7:37 am

I've tried to make this coaster realistic, the track is 1489.59 metres long and one train takes 3 minutes and 10 seconds to cross over the howl track. The train takes 37.5 seconds for in and outloading, and that should be realistic with enough stafmembers ;)

New Pics:

Post August 23rd, 2009, 3:16 pm

Is it really??....Show me a 3 Train-28-passenger-Arrow Coaster that Unloads and Loads in 37seconds.

Even if you have one staff-member per seat in the train it would take more than 37seconds. It takes around 20 seconds for almost all passengers to leave the train, get their stuff (If they had any) and then leave, cool and collectively. And on top of that, there's usually like a 3 second delay before the other people get to start loading, when the train releases it's harness. Then the loading-passengers have to get in, put away any items that they don't feel like loosing, which involves getting back out of the train, then they also have wait for an "OK" to put the harness down (depends on what the the park wants to do.), then for safety reasons, they have to connect the harness with the little seat belt (if one - which by the way sucks cause they are all so slippery, and hard to adjust) then they have to check both the harness and the belt. Then they have to wait for clearance. But at the same time they have to do it safely, which means not so fast (Unlike Disneyland's SM, where they throw you out of the train) so the passengers and the staff don't cause any sort of accidental's or anything like that. I would say at least 50 seconds.

Maybe you can slow the lift down, or something. Would you rather have safe riders, or the cool duel looping effect.

And to you new-comers that keep on responding like, "It doesn't have to be that realistic." Guess what, he/she wants it to be realistic and that includes realistic dispatch times, hence the definition of the word realistic.

So, that way you don't get any negative comments, like I would post, if I saw a 50-passenger train shooting out a train every ten seconds. And by negative, I mean a down rate on the tech., which I take in very seriously, when rating "realistic" coasters.

Post August 24th, 2009, 1:20 pm

I've done the Big Loop @ Heide Park, inside the 30 seconds is there the train leaving the station ;)

But i can try to slow down the lifthill and give the guests more time for it ;)
And on a vekoma or arrow i've never saw a little seat on the harness. Mostly the gates opening quite quickly after the train stops.

Post August 24th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
It is realistic for an Arrow to load that quick. Loch Ness loads pretty damn quick.

- Train pulls in to a stop
- restraints lift as entry gates open
- people get out as others fill in
- check harnesses rapidly
- off they go

Good parks can do this.

Btw, not all arrow loopers have seat belts saporro [;)]
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 24th, 2009, 6:35 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

my home park "wild waves" has an arrow loop-2corkscrew coaster named *the wild thng*. it does the loading/unloading scene around 40 sec (if not less)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post August 25th, 2009, 2:18 am

Originally posted by griffonluv

Btw, not all arrow loopers have seat belts saporro [;)]

I never said they did. hence me saying..."if one", as in if one is there.

And i notice, you almost all bring up 2-trained rides. And they take like 10seconds less than what I said...I wasn't being literal about 50seconds.

Post August 25th, 2009, 5:43 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Chill, sapporo...
Remember that in NL, the dispatch is automatic, not like in real life, where it's manual. You could have manual dispatch in NL, but why bother...
Also, when a NL ride is presented, it's usually running at full capacity, that means with as many trains as possible, and all of those running without stacking. Conditions for that would have to be perfect, as in very good ride OPs, riders, that know what they're doing and so on.
In real life, this ride would probably not run all 3 trains all the time, just like, let's say any B&M out there, that has a MCB... They're capable of running 3 trains, and there's usually a third train somwhere around the station, but does that mean they're using it? No.
So, stop bugging about this. It's quite hard to set the station times so there's no stacking (btw, there's usually some degree of stacking on rwal rides, like if you have to wait a couple of seconds on the brakerun...).

Post August 25th, 2009, 6:09 pm

I forgot about that. I get so use to rides at parks that I go to, that usually run at full capacity, and yet still take a long time to load. I guess it's just kind of odd for me not to see a little bit of stacking. But I still say 30 seconds is just a little bit to low, but even if you do, I will take that fact of it's running at full capacity into consideration.

Return to Hard Hat Area