Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Editing Car Textures

Editing Car Textures

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post June 25th, 2014, 8:09 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
Which textures do you have to edit to replace the NL2 logo? In my case it's twisted inverted. I can remove the logo from "Car_texture_02" but it causes the dirt-like texture to appear all over the train.

edit: I discovered something....if I simply copy the default textures into my com.nolimits 2 home directory under My Documents it causes the same thing.

Post June 29th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Wait so, what did you figure out? I have been trying to change a bunch of different car textures to no avail. I hate that wave pattern on the Gerst. Bobsled.

Post June 29th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
I just got done exploring this for myself. Basically, there's a texture folder for each design type. I would copy it and immediately create a backup for the ride you want. The trick I've discovered is, each file follow's a few different mapping templates. You'll see one in color, and one in grey scale. These are the two you want to change. If you edit the color one, that is the "top layer" color which will show. The grey scale helps the coaster know what layers you want active. So, if OP wants the logo gone, they need to erase it from the color version (by copying the same brownish texture over it) but ALSO need to eliminate the grey scale.

I was editing the corkscrew model, and found that if you make a region solid black, it will allow the corresponding portion of your "color" texture file to be 100% dominant. I'll post screenshots when I get home, as it's a bit confusing.

Post June 29th, 2014, 7:39 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2