Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions El Toro Construction **Now Open**

El Toro Construction **Now Open**

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Six Flags Great Adventure have finaly announced thier huge new wooden coaster named 'El Toro' The new ride will stand at a height of 181ft and will reach speeds of up to 70mph. Click below for videos and pictures of the new ride
Last edited by Canadmos on June 12th, 2006, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:03 pm

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:03 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
blaah, way to short for a decent woodie, why can't they just forget about records being broken and put a decent coaster there...

but as allways, a coaster is a coaster and the will kick-ass

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:04 pm

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:16 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

This is going to be a great coaster. Although I'm not really a fan of Intamin woodies, the sheer airtime and speed will closely rival that of The Voyage, even though the Voyage is just going to completely kick the crap out of this over-engineered 21st century smooth, controlled woodie. Still, I'm sure that all of the park fans that don't know anything about what makes a good wood coaster will probably call this ride their favorite.

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:38 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

Seriously hyyyper, stfu!

i thought i still have an opinion here?
it's just the fact that, apart from this coaster being good, what does the record breaking part add anything to the ride??
take a look a voyage, if SF put the money they put in the record-breaking and put it into lateralls and lenght, the ride MAYBE could have been better that voyage...,
but it doesn't make it a bad coaster!

Post September 28th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,450.00 Points
The twisted section looks nuts. Although nothing too original. Looks fun.

Post September 28th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Hyyyper, you know full well i was commenting on your unedited post

Post September 28th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Not bad overall but i dont think six flags out did there self if they were smart they should get a Gravity Group. There designs are much longer then this one and yes but this coaster still looks like it could be fun. I know you hate people for asking this but does this have a 90* turn i thought i saw a few. But im not like a 90* turn freak just curious

Post September 28th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

4,400 feet for something 181 feet high? It doesn't add up. Oh well. At least it looks like the airtime will be pretty awesome, not to mention this will be the steepest woodie in the world. [peakhill]

Post September 28th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

^ I agree. You'd think the 2nd tallest in the world would at least be the 2nd longest. I guess that will keep the pacing up, it will fly into the brake run. I like the twistyness of it but I wish it had more airtime.

Post September 28th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

This is going to be an awesome Intamin hyper. But again, you can't even please 50% of the enthusiasts (if you can even call them that) when another amazing coasters going to be built.

Post September 28th, 2005, 4:06 pm

^ Hehe, its not a hyper.

It looks nice and all but its not pretty. http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadve ... opside.jpg Look at that, I don't see the crossbeams. It may not need it but it makes it look sooo much better. I just think its one more off-the-wall-coaster SFI bought.

Post September 28th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I think that this wooden coaster will be fun to ride and it looks like it gives alot of airtime I like the fist drop on this wooden coaster it looks like fun I think that it is relly cool how the coaster is going to have the stepst drop on a wooden coaster it looks like fun I think that the line to ride this woooden coaster will be relly long I like the tunes it does look like that it has 90 deeg banked truns on it I hope that this coaster is smoth and not rougth it looks like it will be a little bit rougth but alot of fun to ride I will be going to six flags great adveture next year to ride this coaster I think that it will give alot of airtime coming down the frist drop and the whole way around on this coaster.

Post September 28th, 2005, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

the twists look pretty fun but i think voyage is going to kick this coasters ass!

Post September 28th, 2005, 4:40 pm

Intamin wooden coasters use prefabricated track so I'm sure this will be perfectly smooth. As for 90 degree banking, Intamin banks all their hypers, including their wooden looking hypers, to produce 0 laterals. I do not see one place on the ride where 90 degree banking would be needed to completely get rid of the laterals.

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I hope that this coaster is smoth and not relly rougth I have never been on an interman wooden coaster before this will be my frist interman wooden coaster to ride I hope that they are fun and not relly rougth. I like the layout of the track it looks like fun even thoght it only has 4;400 feet that will be the longst wooden coaster that I have ever riden it looks like there will be some headchopers on this wooden coaster but not to many. I aslo like the size of the coaster I think that it is big for a wooden coaster it is'nt the longst and the highst in the world but it will still be relly thrillig to ride.

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is Intamins first woodie in the US.

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:07 pm

Originally posted by chrisps

I think that this wooden coaster will be fun to ride and it looks like it gives alot of airtime I like the fist drop on this wooden coaster it looks like fun I think that it is relly cool how the coaster is going to have the stepst drop on a wooden coaster it looks like fun I think that the line to ride this woooden coaster will be relly long I like the tunes it does look like that it has 90 deeg banked truns on it I hope that this coaster is smoth and not rougth it looks like it will be a little bit rougth but alot of fun to ride I will be going to six flags great adveture next year to ride this coaster I think that it will give alot of airtime coming down the frist drop and the whole way around on this coaster.

And thus becomes the worlds longest run-on sentence.

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:27 pm

[lol] You'd think for someone with typing difficulties they wouldn't type as much...i admire his courage

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,319.00 Points
Originally posted by Woodie Man

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is Intamins first woodie in the US.

*cough*American Eagle 24 years ago*cough*

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:39 pm

First Intamin woodie in the US with prefabricated track. The designs with prefabricated track are VERY different than the ones without. American Eagle is built like a wooden coaster, rides like a wooden coaster, and although I have not ridden it I am willing to bet it feels just like a wooden coaster. This is going to be an Intamin hyper - COMPLETELY different.

Post September 28th, 2005, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^Yah, what I meant was that this was going to the first prefab intamin woodie. What a difference one word makes.

Post September 28th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points

i thought i still have an opinion here?
it's just the fact that, apart from this coaster being good, what does the record breaking part add anything to the ride??
take a look a voyage, if SF put the money they put in the record-breaking and put it into lateralls and lenght, the ride MAYBE could have been better that voyage...,
but it doesn't make it a bad coaster!

hyyyper-
record breakers sell more
im not saying it will be better, but from a financial standpoint, it will be more profittable to say that it has the steepest drop, 76 mph, second tallest, etc.

more stupid people that dont know any better will to the park, and they will get a ton of money

Post September 28th, 2005, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Looks pretty cool to me, but it kinda reminds me of Collousus at Heide Park. The twisted section would probably be more fun if they allowed lateral, but I'm not complaining. It's antoher record breaker, another coaster, more fun.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions