Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Elmwood Lake - Mystic Kingdom (13th March)

Elmwood Lake - Mystic Kingdom (13th March)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Hello everybody!

I've long had a park on RCT3 called Elmwood Lake Adventure Park and always had many ideas that I never built because of RCT3's limitations. However I am now going to try and build some of my ideas in NoLimits 2 in a sort of 'Mini' version of the big park I have in RCT3. To start off, I've had the idea for a while to create a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster (have I ever mentioned that I love the design of them, even though only two have been built so far) with a general idea of squeezing a large layout into a small space (ala The Smiler) and to generally have large scale roller coaster that would be nice and forceful. Hence was born, Whirlwind. Whirlwind will be themed to a tornado that is making its way through a rural village. The ride will be in the same area as another ride which will be called Maelstrom (although I have yet to decide what type of ride that will be, and it has to be built). This is going to be a big project for me, both time wise and 3D object creating wise as I'm still very much of a novice and I cannot guarantee when updates will be.

Anyway, onto the pictures of Whirlwind.

(Oh, and yes, the anti-rollback magnetic fins DO move and retract as the train passes them! I'll try and get a video up of them in action soon. ;P )

Until next time. :)

JAMMYD778
Last edited by JAMMY on March 13th, 2015, 12:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

this looks really cool so far :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

the track work looks very sexy :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks sweet :D I love that NL2 has allowed people to create such things that were never possible with NL! I notice you even included the cable return sections :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
This looks fantastic! I noticed you have also included a script to attach the platform thing to the front of each car in the train!

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Looks really promising! Great work! :D I like the creative use of the Coaster-Styles and the supports looking also very well done!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Great attention to detail here!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

As promised, here is a little video teaser for the ride. If all goes to plan, I would like to release the different areas of the park as separate downloads as I feel the whole park would just be too massive for most users. But as said, that is a long way off yet. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVGBaTFvTE

Turbo wrote:
this looks really cool so far :)

Thanks Turbo! I really want to make an entire park but I hate to think how long it will take. Hopefully working ride by ride will keep me interested.

Oscar wrote:
the track work looks very sexy :)

I'm glad you think that! I really tried to capture a very Gerstlauer type layout and I hope that is shown.

mkingy wrote:
Looks sweet :D I love that NL2 has allowed people to create such things that were never possible with NL! I notice you even included the cable return sections :D

Thanks and yes, I did make a chain return section even though the ingame one is still there. :P

TTD03 wrote:
This looks fantastic! I noticed you have also included a script to attach the platform thing to the front of each car in the train!

Thanks and yes, I did use a script. I hope to utilise a few different scripts throughout the ride and park to make special effects and such. :)

Magu78 wrote:
Looks really promising! Great work! :D I like the creative use of the Coaster-Styles and the supports looking also very well done!

Thanks Magu78! I really wish NL2 had an Infinity coaster train as it is quite a pain having to work with two tracks. However, I'm glad it looks good. :)

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Great attention to detail here!

Thanks for the great comment. I'm trying to make this as realistic as I can. :)

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Looking great! I can't wait to see what you have planned :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'd suggest that since you want to release the park in sections, do that, but then in the end, put all of the sections together in one park for the people with computers that can handle it.

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

TTD03 wrote:
I'd suggest that since you want to release the park in sections, do that, but then in the end, put all of the sections together in one park for the people with computers that can handle it.

Yes, I do also plan on releasing the whole park as a single file when it is done. :)

Hi everyone! Update time again!

I've finally finished the supports for Whirlwind and due to the ride being on several levels of a tricky landscape, I found it quite a challenge to make some very believable, Gerstlauer-ish supports however I feel I have achieved the look I was going for. Now that the supports are finished I can start thinking about making 3D scenery, however I may also start on this areas other coaster, Maelstrom which will most likely be a spinning coaster. As for now, here are pictures of the finished supports on Whirlwind.

As always, feedback is appreciated. :)

Thanks again.

JAMMYD778

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

This looks very nice!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Getting the title of the greatest compact looper! Elements packed in place! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Layout looks really quality - supports definitely look good and realistic too - looking forward to riding this one!
Coaster Count - 198

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Just WOW! This will be a really great project! I also love the details on the custom-cars! That wood is a good theming-idea!

True Addicts
True Addicts

This looks really stellar. I'm so jealous of everyone that has this game on a really good computer.

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Oscar wrote:
This looks very nice!
lol240 wrote:
Getting the title of the greatest compact looper! Elements packed in place! 8-)
TTD03 wrote:
Supports look fantastic! Very nice job!
mkingy wrote:
Layout looks really quality - supports definitely look good and realistic too - looking forward to riding this one!

Thanks all for the kind comments! I'm glad it doesn't look bad :P

Magu78 wrote:
Just WOW! This will be a really great project! I also love the details on the custom-cars! That wood is a good theming-idea!

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you think the wood was a good idea. I tried to go for a random debris stricken ride train so hopefully that worked.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
This looks really stellar. I'm so jealous of everyone that has this game on a really good computer.

Thanks for the great comment! I'm hoping to make several optimisations to the park to allow it to run on a wide range of PC's so hopefully you can experience it whenever it is finished. :)

With regards to the project at the moment, I haven't really had much time to work on it lately however have recently started work on a Gerstlauer Spinning coaster (all the Gerstlauers :P) that will accompany Whirlwind in the same area, most likely going to be called Maelstrom. I hope to update you soon.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy User avatar

Good stuff, Looking forward to see what you do with the spinner!
Coaster Count - 198

Post August 18th, 2014, 1:22 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Are you going to intertwine them?

Post August 19th, 2014, 7:19 pm
JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Time for another update.

The photos below show the work I have done on this project lately which include the queue area for Whirlwind, the new Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster, Maelstrom, as well as area layouts and fencing that will create this area of the park themed to natures destructive power; hence the names Whirlwind and Maelstrom. Also shown is introduction of a bridge/headchopper that will serve as the entrance to the area.

Feedback is appreciated and hopefully I'll have more time soon to add more.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Maelstrom will give a lot of pretty good views of Whirlwind! =)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area