Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Environment help - list of questions

Environment help - list of questions

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 30th, 2014, 2:41 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I have a few questions involving custom environments... First off, CC member Kyle Sloane's "Speed Monster" coaster with custom environment (http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=32340)inspired me to tinker with custom environments, in hopes to also have NL2 looking even more realistic than it already does. While figuring out how to make shadows darker and such (adding to the realism), my overall environment looks a tad gloomy, almost as though a solar eclipse was going on.

Mine:
Image Insert:
1219.2 KB

What settings would you recommend?

While I'm at it, with a custom environment, is it possible to have it to where my ride's lights are on/make it "night time"? I found that I have to turn off the dynamic sky in order to alter the shadows. Again, I want night time to really look like night time as the default night time is a bit bright. I had an idea for a coaster to rely on lighting and possibly be enclosed. Is there a way to get the spot lights to stay on during daytime?

Lastly, but most importantly: is there an easy way of "refreshing" the environment? I found that when I make changes, they don't apply until next time I load the park...basically I have to close it and reload it each time to see if the settings I used is what I want...kind of a PitA...
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post January 30th, 2014, 3:11 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

For the lights, yes it is possible to have spotlights stay on during the daytime, however you'd need to change some script for them.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 30th, 2014, 8:13 am

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
Rather than changing script to get all day lights - you only need to delete the associated script. Using the NL2SCO editor, load a light of choice, delete the associated script LightScriptWithFlicker (which incidently not only switches the light on and off, but also realistically flickers it at switch on) and then SAVE AS in your own park folder under a name that differs from the original. Then add as desired to your park. They will remain on 24/7 and you'll pick up the tab!! [:D]

Post January 30th, 2014, 9:07 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Every texture is naturally dark and terrible. You need to make your own ground texture or edit one to be much higher exposure. Also, make every color brighter on your ride. Change the value in the color to be greater. refreshing you should only need to do a few times but the only way I know is to reload the park..

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2