Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines Error Running The Game

Error Running The Game

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post December 11th, 2013, 1:38 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Hi all,
I can't get Scream Machines running on my new computer.
It worked on Vista for me but now it won't run on my 7.
I never get the option to enter my registration info and it always comes up with an error mentioning a bad sector or a virus. Anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Post December 11th, 2013, 1:54 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
Can you post the error log?
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Cool! The name is Fly Over Rainforest?
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post December 11th, 2013, 7:34 am

Points on hand: 2,861.00 Points
Yeah, I get it in Win7 and Win8. Tried running in compatibility mode and could not get any options to work. Same with my build of 1.55. I was able to get 1.57 to work on an old XP machine so it's not the install package.

Post December 11th, 2013, 4:22 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Here you go NightwindElf,
There are 2 error messages that come up.
They come up in the order shown in the picture.

Image Insert:
45.04 KB

Post December 11th, 2013, 6:19 pm

That's not quite what I meant. In the program folder there should be a .txt file for the error log. Anyone that has SM feel free to correct me if there isn't one.

Edit: I assume you've tried reinstalling it, but it never hurts to ask. Also, could it be a bad installer? Try redownloading the installer package if reinstalling doesn't do it.
I was under the impression the name was Green Coaster Goes Fast Goes High Has Clockwise Loop Has Straight Upside Down Four Seats Two On Each Side Fast Coaster?

Post December 12th, 2013, 12:04 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea its the 3rd installer I downloaded.
And I couldn't find any .txt file with the error logs in it.

Post December 12th, 2013, 12:42 am

Post December 23rd, 2013, 1:34 pm
Blade User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 6,325.00 Points
A few days ago I was able to successfully install SM on my windows 7 laptop then ran it for about 10 minutes without any problems and without using compatibility mode, so I plan on doing a long test run somewhere next month and see how it goes.

I notice that SM is using Intel?????????s CPU by default instead of Nvidia?????????s GPU, so I looked through the list of programs Nvidia supports and found the wrong name which is Scream Machines instead of Scream. Or is the opposite wrong?

Post December 23rd, 2013, 6:41 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 1st, 2014, 9:40 pm
Blade User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry for the late response, I'm a slacker when it comes to giving detailed information that's not face to face.
I don't know why the installation succeeded but you can try what I've explained below that may fix the problem.

1. Download and install CCleaner and Defraggler (which I think is better than Windows defrag) from www.piriform.com if you don't have them. Then choose your preferred selections for CCleaner and Defraggler but don't clean and defrag yet.

These are my preferred selections for CCleaner and Defraggler.

CCleaner
50.74 KB

39.03 KB

Defraggler
44.02 KB

2. Check for Windows 7 related updates and then download/install them if you haven?????????t recently otherwise just restart Windows 7. Before restarting Windows 7 it's a good idea to disable your wired/wireless driver so it?????????ll skip the auto updating process for the programs that have them enabled when Windows starts back up.

3. When Windows starts back up wait about minute or so > run Defraggler > analyze > full defrag > analyze again > close Defraggler if nothing comes up otherwise full defrag. This way when you then use CCleaner to remove files, it?????????ll remove a completed file instead part of a completed file because fragmentation occurs when the file system cannot or will not allocate enough contiguous space to store a complete file as a unit, but instead puts parts of it in gaps between other files.

4. Run CCleaner > analyze > run cleaner > select Registry > Scan for Issues > Fix selected issues > Scan for Issues again > close CCleaner if nothing comes up otherwise Fix selected issues > restart Windows. When Windows starts back up wait about minute or so > install SM.

Here?????????s a site that's helpful for those who are interested in disabling unnecessary services that's cluttering up hardware usage.
www.blackviper.com

Post January 2nd, 2014, 4:08 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post February 21st, 2014, 12:24 pm
Blade User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's been a long time since last post so I just wanted to see if you were able to get SM working.

Post February 23rd, 2014, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 55.00 Points
I as getting the same error for the longest time. I eventually got it working, running as administrator with all other settings as normal. Probably took me ten attempts. Once i got to the select resolution screen, I kept it low. from then on it worked (at least so far).

It's a good game, but with theme part studio coming out in 4 days, and NoLimits2 just released, it's probably not going to get a lot of use :-/

Return to Scream Machines