Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Everest (Update 13th Nov)

Everest (Update 13th Nov)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 18th, 2004, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Here's a bit of a novel idea, which i considered after my recent visit to Thorpe Park. TTD may be the tallest coaster in the world (for the moment at least), but there isn't much to it. Speed, up, down, done. Now having never ridden the ride, i couldn't tell you what that feels like, but surely they could do more. Colossus, on the other hand, is rather a lot of fun, but a bit small and insignificant, so i figured i'd bring the two together.

So far trackwork hasn't been completed, but support work has begun. I know i'm going to suffer when i use busters smoother, but not that much, and i'm breaking it up, as this will be the first project that i have spent a lot of time with.

Anyway, here are some screens of work so far. You'll notice i have used colossus colours, so as to ensure people realise that it can invert. These will most likely change when i come closer to finishing.

Image Insert:
39.82 KB

Here is the towering first ascent, entrance at exactly 100mph, 308 ft off the ground leading up to an inverted tophat, before plummeting back down to ground.

Image Insert:
78.88 KB

After the first drop comes this enourmous camelback, peaking at 212 ft, this leads into a 220 ft immelmann and 182 ft loop.

Image Insert:
60.63 KB

After the loop comes the first overbank of the ride, at a hieght of 155 ft with a 135 degree incline. After this there is a zero g roll into a regular tophat before the mcbr.

Image Insert:
70.81 KB

After the mcbr is this cobra roll. The only reason i have this screenshot is that i am pleased with my support work here. The Cobra roll is 112 ft high. After it are two over banks, the first a simple 180 rotation with a 105 degree incline.

Image Insert:
64.81 KB

This is the second of the overbanks, and is my favourite part of the ride so far. The reason for this is the way it dives through the supports. It is a 90 degree turn with a 100 degree incline.

And that is all i've got so far. If anyone has any ideas about where to take it next, i'm open to suggestions, as well as theming ideas and names (Android lol)

I'm not sure when this will be released as i have a lot of work still to do, but i thought i could start advertising now its in a reasonable state.
Last edited by Carlosio on November 13th, 2004, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 18th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Impressive ... if you need testers give a shout man! Looks like some good stuff!

tconwell@knology.net

Post October 18th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points

Post October 18th, 2004, 6:51 pm

Well once track work is finished i'll send it out to anyone who gives me their address (should be sometime this week) and then i'll use the feed back to help find areas where smoothing is needed, as i'm not to good at spotting it myself, and it takes me years to do it. So be patient lol.

Post October 19th, 2004, 1:29 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
really nice work, but i think the top hat start looks also like ttd...

Post October 19th, 2004, 5:51 am

well, yeah, except it goes through mine upside down, not like ttd

Post October 19th, 2004, 7:51 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
you should not make all of the last inversions barrel rolls, like on Colossus. Try to mix it up and make it weave back through itself, like you did with the last overbanked turn.

Post October 20th, 2004, 5:33 pm

Basic track work is now finished, and although i'm not done smoothing the ride yet, i'm now sending out a test version to neone who wants it. I could use advice for smoothing, theming ideas, name ideas, colour ideas and possible layout additions, cos i'm not gonna deny that it dies at the end (which hasn't been worked at all yet, just put the basic idea in)

Despite all this though, u can have a look if u want to, just leave ur email address.

Image Insert:
55.33 KB

Post October 21st, 2004, 7:10 pm

*UPDATE*
Track work is now completed, and my final layout is set in place. I have begun work on the supports, which may take a while.

I've also decided on a name (thanks for the help guys!! :P). My Coaster has been christened Everest.

I'm also looking now for someone who is handy with 3ds to give me a hand, cos i'm not too good at it. If anyone is willing, just pm me and let me know, and i'll send you the track once i'm done with supports.

Post November 13th, 2004, 11:25 am

I'm stil looking for someone brave enough to produce some 3ds for the ride, somethin along the lines of abandoned huts etc. and a station in a similar theme. Just lemme know if ur willing.

Post November 27th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,193.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area