Board index Public Relations Site Related Every week...

Every week...

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Post May 16th, 2007, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

... I come and visit and look at the top 5 rides of the week and the best ride is never in first place.

It seems to me that "not so good" rides get rated very highly by people with less No Limits experience and get overrated. Whereas when a great ride comes along somebody who really knows what they are talking about gives it an honest rating and its lower than the "not so good" ride.

Are you following me?

Many weeks i find that the best ride of that week does not get the recognition it deserves and it's through selective rating. The experienced people only rate other experienced people's rides and so they end up 3rd for a week and some n00bish ride gets the gold.

It just annoys me. I think we should all be rating more, and i include myself in that statement.

Post May 16th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I totally agree with you! Not saying any names, but I've noticed 3 or 4 members that totally wreck the exchange with their overrates and crap judgement. Maybe a Rating Article?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 16th, 2007, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Once again the rating debate rears its ugly head. I do agree though that there is some serious rate inflation going on in addition to some overactive raters. Every time this topic has come up people try to find a solution, but it never really seems to happen.

Post May 16th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post May 16th, 2007, 7:21 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

rating article does no good, anyone that rates poorly wont read them, proven fact.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post May 16th, 2007, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
WWS, I just deleted that post I had literally seconds before you posted you reply.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 16th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

The problem is all the people who rate every track don't even know what a GCI is, GG is, CCI is, etc. Same can go for steel coasters, but it's more obviouse on Wooden ones. No offense to yah Kevin, but I don't really see much GG technique on your ride at all. That just serves as a recent example.

Everyone else just goes "OMGXZZ its a coaster c00lerz!"

Post May 17th, 2007, 1:01 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

The exchange has been ugly for at least 1 year now. Not many ratings (I have to start rating, I know), the small amount of ratings mostly suck besides a few knowledgeable members that rate every now and then, and mostly every track that's uploaded to the exchange is complete $hit.

Post May 17th, 2007, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^^no offense taken. Sorry that I can't spend the time necessary to fret away the details or even give a decent effort for stuff of that nature, but with my schedule I'm lucky to be making anything at all in the few hours I have. I was mostly intrigued by the layout's geometry, that's all. It's actually the sort of thing I ought to keep to myself...

Sorry to have frustrated you alton_ , but I really have no control over these things, especially when I am disallowed to do the right thing and rate chris's ride! Beats me why people like my little rough draft rides that much, which take a fraction of the time and effort I put into school, etc.

Post May 17th, 2007, 6:58 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Originally posted by Kevin Brennan

^^no offense taken. Sorry that I can't spend the time necessary to fret away the details or even give a decent effort for stuff of that nature, but with my schedule I'm lucky to be making anything at all in the few hours I have. I was mostly intrigued by the layout's geometry, that's all. It's actually the sort of thing I ought to keep to myself...

Sorry to have frustrated you alton_ , but I really have no control over these things, especially when I am disallowed to do the right thing and rate chris's ride! Beats me why people like my little rough draft rides that much, which take a fraction of the time and effort I put into school, etc.

Don't worry about it Kevin, it happens in nearly every week, all you did was make a ride and post it, it's the rating that's the problem. Although it was this weeks situation with Yeehaw! that prompted me to make the topic, i am talking in general.

Post May 17th, 2007, 8:42 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I agree with you too, Alton_. That's why I don't rate many times, I'm afraid, I might over or undrerrate!

Post May 17th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Gee ... where oh where have I seen this topic before. Perhaps, for the last five years on every coaster forum, ever created? Yes, I am certain I have read it at least once.

Folks, it comes down to committment ... and I am sorry, but people in this community have a serious lack in committment lately. I would say over the past year, the rating - that is, rating that actually matters and has some substance by folks who know what they are talking about - has dwindled to almost nothing. As one of the harshest raters in this community, I have simply given up. If no one else is going to contribute, why should I bother as well.

So today, we get this:

OMG! Tht wuz the best ever! You rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Technical: 10 Adrenaline: 10 Overall: 10

It is sad.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post May 17th, 2007, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Ever since the site went down a couple times in a short period, I've felt that I haven't rated nearly as much. Lately I've been trying to so that the ratings aren't off so much.

Return to Site Related