Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Expedition Everest

Expedition Everest

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 25th, 2008, 1:10 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Just a quick question, What are your guyses thoughts on expedition everest? I just got back from florida last night and expedition everest out of everything was the best ride there.

Tell me what you guys think.

Post February 25th, 2008, 2:39 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

It was ok. Pretty good for a family coaster. Wasn't my favorite coaster by far, but it was a quality disney attraction.

Post February 25th, 2008, 4:42 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hmmm... What does this topic do in the off-topic when it's coaster related? [:D]

Anyway, When i did expedition everest I'd expected myself some more thrill. The scenery is outstanding but it didn't gave me a big "WOW!" on the end.
Like coolbean saidm it's a good ride for a family coaster but for me as a thrill freak it was kinda a let down.

Post February 25th, 2008, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I personally love the ride. I have been on it 50 times, and it was well worth it each time.

Post February 25th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I've seen the POVs and of course seen all the pictures ... IMO, it is always good to see a ride that is well themed, and actually brings up some conversation among enthusiasts. Bang for the buck (having not ridden), this is actually a worthy addition to the park -- and for Disney it is a great step, IMO.

Post February 25th, 2008, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

It was fantastic. Although it's still thrilling at parts, it's definately not the most thrilling. It was still so much fun to ride every time, it's really a great ride.

Post February 27th, 2008, 12:56 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
my thoughts: fantastic ride, BUT: the interior of the mountain felt like i was in a building, not a mountain. needs some theming while going backwards. also, the ride is far too short. yes it's around 4-5 mins long, but there is such a theme here that the ride can easily have been longer and feels like the ride gives up on the theme right in the middle of the action. also, that helix in the back after the drop but before the yeti is WAY out of place. two seconds ago you were up in the bowels of a snowey mountain and all of a sudden you're in a helix vaguely themed like a valley? didnt flow well. other than that, i say it's the second best ride at AK (best being Countdown to Extinction (screw the "dinosaur" name)). as far as roller coasters go, i liked space mountain, thunder mountain and rockin' roller coaster much more than everest. not to mention that the ride has absolutally no airtime.

Post February 27th, 2008, 2:01 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i thought that it was the best ride there. My cousin did not see the yeti for the first 2 times she went on the ride, and the third time i was screaming, "look up in the last tunnel!!" she did, and she f***kin freaked out. It was the funniest thing id ever seem. I think that the ride is the best that I have ever been on. It has the best theming, and another thing that I love is how there is a museum in the line for the ride to keep you entertained. The backwards part was great, especially if you were sitting in the very back. I loved the ride, no ands, ifs, or buts.

Post February 29th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,617.00 Points
of all the rides ive been on, i have to say its probably the smoothest,

it just flows sooooo nicely from element to element.

its deffinantly not a thrill ride by anymeans, but it was a nice ride.

theming was OUTSTANDING.

and i have to say they even made the standing in line fun. they get you really pumped up to go see that yeti.

thats my say on it.

Return to Off Topic Discussion