Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Falcon: Intamin launched invert

Falcon: Intamin launched invert

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 1st, 2008, 4:13 am
FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points
So this is my first ever inverted coaster![dunno] It is intamin launched invert whitout any inversions. The fact that it doesn't have inversions does not make it a bad coaster!!! So I'm finished with track work and starting the supports! Here are some pics...
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p4581

So what do you think?[hello]

EDIT: I've added two inversions but now my problem is too big lats or are 1.2 lats too much on an intamin inverted coaster?
Last edited by FIN on March 1st, 2008, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 1st, 2008, 4:42 am
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
It looks okay, not bad at all. It's hard to imagine an Intamin invert without inversions. It's also hard to take a guess on forces, but from how drawn out the layout seems to be I'm guessing the launch is around 80mph? If that is way off, than you should consider posting more angles of the layout.

Post March 1st, 2008, 4:53 am
FIN User avatar

Originally posted by cp-soad

It looks okay, not bad at all. It's hard to imagine an Intamin invert without inversions. It's also hard to take a guess on forces, but from how drawn out the layout seems to be I'm guessing the launch is around 80mph? If that is way off, than you should consider posting more angles of the layout.

The launch is about 85 km/h (i don't know how much it is in mph...) And all the G:s are in check. I still don't know but I think I'm still going to to put atleast one inversion on it. Is it too bad that it pulls 1.3 lateral G:s on a corckscrew that i added? Because I can't fix it and don't know how to use AHG correctly...[sillyme]

Post March 1st, 2008, 8:51 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

I don't think the supports will hold, they just look a little weak, and you have to pull the node a little further so je don't have the ''slices'' on the top of your support.

Post March 1st, 2008, 9:47 am
FIN User avatar

Originally posted by Gav-

I don't think the supports will hold, they just look a little weak, and you have to pull the node a little further so je don't have the ''slices'' on the top of your support.

Yes I know those were just supports that I made so I could see what kind of supports should I make...

Post March 1st, 2008, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

Maybe this kind of coaster needs at least 1 inversion to be more exciting!
I mean,if you try to build a model of Arrow suspended is ok,but a launched inverted is a little bit boring.
I'm not talking about giant loops but fast rolls etc.etc.
1.3 for laterals is high,it can be painful for your legs(it's not a woodie).
If you can't fix this problem maybe you can reduce speed.

Post March 2nd, 2008, 3:12 am
FIN User avatar

Originally posted by barone

Maybe this kind of coaster needs at least 1 inversion to be more exciting!
I mean,if you try to build a model of Arrow suspended is ok,but a launched inverted is a little bit boring.
I'm not talking about giant loops but fast rolls etc.etc.
1.3 for laterals is high,it can be painful for your legs(it's not a woodie).
If you can't fix this problem maybe you can reduce speed.

Yes I have now two inversions. The 1.3 lats comes in one of the inversions for about less than a second. I can't reduce the speed because then it is a bit boring at the end...

EDIT: I now managed to lower the lateral G:s to 1.1. Is it still too much?

Post March 3rd, 2008, 1:59 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

It's a very good reducing[:D]
naaaa it's good now!!
Any updated pic?

Post March 4th, 2008, 9:25 am
FIN User avatar

Originally posted by barone

It's a very good reducing[:D]
naaaa it's good now!!
Any updated pic?

Yes I have just putted new pics. Plz check them out.[hello]

Post March 4th, 2008, 10:06 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Looks cool man, only I don't know if these are your final supports, but that upper track piece is never going to stay up with a train running through that, de lower half looks great, but maybe you can find a solution for the ''upper half''[;)]

Post March 4th, 2008, 10:08 am
FIN User avatar

Originally posted by Gav-

Looks cool man, only I don't know if these are your final supports, but that upper track piece is never going to stay up with a train running through that, de lower half looks great, but maybe you can find a solution for the ''upper half''[;)]

Yes I'm still just trying these supports and trying to find a way to pull those supports nicely. I just hate those free nodes they are so annoying to use...[sillyme]

Return to Hard Hat Area