Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Falling and bouncing all day at Movie Park Germany

Falling and bouncing all day at Movie Park Germany

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
5th of August 2010 - Movie Park Germany

This is what our original planning was:
- 4th to Walibi World, arrive back home at 2am. (Park was open until midnight.)
- Take a couple hours of sleep
- Wake up at 7am, depart at 8am.
- Arrive at 9am at Schlo????????? Beck for some random fun plus riding a Zierer Tivoli Medium.
- Go to MPG at 10am, which was next door of Schlo????????? Beck.
- Wait for LOEA to show up...

Well, this is how it ended:
- Walibi World: Success
- Arrive at home at 2am: Success
- Take a couple hours of sleep: fail, went to bed at 5am. [lol]
- Wake up at 7am: fail! We woke up again at 8:30am
- Depart at 8am: Fail! We were still asleep at that time. So we eventually left around 9:30am
- Schlo????????? Beck: Skipped, no time for the park. MPG was already open! No bonus credit for Max. (It was my 165th coaster [lol])
- MPG @ 10am: Half an hour later than expected. (We could have been there a bit sooner if there was no Traffic Jam from the Exit of the highway all the way up to the park... [lol])

So yeah, our first planning got pretty much screwed up... At 10:30am, we called LOEA. To see where the hell he is. Maybe he was still on it's way to the park so that we could have waited outside. A couple calls later, we found out the number was wrong so we couldn't even reach LOEA! That sucks!

The only thing that we could do left was go in by ourselves and hope we'd see LOEA and his dad in the huge crowds.
We started off in the Nick area, those are the lower capacity rides, thus crowded pretty quickly. We did the coasters that Max still had to ride and left of to the more interesting section of the park: The intamin Gyro drop tower and the woody.

The Intamin Gyro Drop stays an awesome ride, probably one of the fewer rides still out there that actually gives me the feeling of pure adrenaline. I'm even seriously thinking on getting next year an annual pass just for this tower. (And the woody as 2nd reason... [lol])

After that we walked to the Bandit, the RCCA woody with Premier trains. The trains sucked already since the start of their first laps on the ride but personally I don't care. If you know how where to ride in these trains the ride is suddenly much better. aka. In the middle of each car. The trains bounce extremely when they rush through each valley, the more hilarious it is when your sitting in the middle row of the car. Since the people in front of you are bouncing in their chairs so extreme, when you are having a much less extreme bounce. [lol]
The layout from bandit stays pure brilliance. No wonder because you can find the cyclone layout in a lot of places around the world. The only thing I dislike was the banking that RCCA has added to this ride. That double down tho is pure brilliance and my favorite part of the ride. Also the turbo lift hill is pretty hilarious and rarely seen on a wooden coaster. For comparison, it speeds up to about the speed of an intamin cable lift! I really hope MPG would be smart enough to re-track the ride and put PTC's on the ride. I'm sure it's going to be a much better ride than.

For the rest of the day we mostly hung out at the bandit. (Literally... [lol]) and walked around bandit and the SLC... Nothing really special done today. Just random marathon falling. [:D]

My pictures from today:
I grabbed my camera in the shed build by Six Flags. Waiting for bandit, getting a couple glimpses of the coaster running.

I see track!

Zierer Jetski's! Awesome! Too bad there was a pretty long line for it... [:(]

Woodies are beautiful

Yay, one of those bigger Zamperla Disc'o's. Again, too long line. (About 45min!)

I spy heartlining.

Yes, definitely heartlining... [lol]

not unlike this monster...

This is Henkmax, he also joined the meet-up... But no LOEA was to be found. And he practiced so hard on his German! [lol]

Shaping <3

Yes, in Germany you can easily buy a pack of cigarettes in middle of the park! No matter your age!

More woodie!

I love these types of freefall. The drop is soo much more thrilling than the regular intamin freefalls.

I spy woodie!

And there it crests the top again!

This was another place were we pretty much hung out all day. Good pizza!

Yay, SLC...

I'd stick with woodies tho...

First drop!

Oh yeah, we also took a ride on the SLC. What a comparison to the prototype! It was smoother in some areas but rougher in other areas. [lol]

And just went we wanted to ride the woodie for the last time... They were transferring a train away!

Almost there!

No need to push, that's where you've got the drive tires for!

Back to operating position...

Lock down the track and we're good to go!

Did anyone ever noticed this had Friction wheels? No? Well, that's simply because they don't use them! [lol]

Train making way through the first turnaround

Bouncing up, down, left, right and all other directions!

And up to a complete stop on the brakes.

Well, these were my pictures. I wonder what LOEA has all done today since we haven't seen anything that looked like LOEA all day near the Freefall or bandit... [lol]
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on August 8th, 2010, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 8th, 2010, 8:13 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Again,I'm very sorry,i got a idea why we haven't found us:Maybe we were not in the park at the same day,what could be caused from all the program changes(thanks to my dad)...I'm very sad that we couldn't meet cause you 2 made all the way to germany,and then I was not there[V]
But maybe we can manage to meet us at Halloween at EP together with Ibanez,that would be great!

Post August 8th, 2010, 8:27 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Again,I'm very sorry,i got a idea why we haven't found us:Maybe we were not in the park at the same day,what could be caused from all the program changes(thanks to my dad)...

Lol, at what day did you visit MPG than? Thursday the 5th, right?

I'm very sad that we couldn't meet cause you 2 made all the way to germany,and then I was not there[V]

Lol, don't worry dude! It was only an hour drive. Which makes this my 2nd closest park to me. I used to come here tons of time when it still was owned by Six Flags.

But maybe we can manage to meet us at Halloween at EP together with Ibanez,that would be great!

That would be awesome of course.

Post August 8th, 2010, 8:39 am

Well,I was there at 5th of August...
But I'll check that with the number next time we should swap our numbers...
BTW nice pics,but I really feel sorry for Henkmax he looks so tired[V],I hope you'll be not angry when I upload my own TR of the 3 parks I visited in the next days...

Post August 8th, 2010, 3:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

BTW nice pics,but I really feel sorry for Henkmax he looks so tired[V],I hope you'll be not angry when I upload my own TR of the 3 parks I visited in the next days...

Wow you are feeling so guilty, relax a bit. It was too bad that we missed eachother. But we both still had 2 awesome days! [:)]

Post August 8th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Post August 8th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Points on hand: 76.00 Points

I was tired bicause we went to Walibi World the day before(till 24:00) and then we haven't slept all night because dirk showed me his anime collection :P

I'm not angry or something, Sure a bit dissapointed but these things can happen, Now I just hope to meet you another time(I even PM'ed you about this)

and that picture of me just sucks, I look better in real life XD

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports