Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! FAST & FURIOUS RIDE COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO IN 2017

FAST & FURIOUS RIDE COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO IN 2017

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

You???ve seen the cars. You???ve seen the action. And soon, you???ll be able to live it.

I???m so excited to share that one of the most popular film franchises of all-time is about to become an all-new action-packed ride experience at Universal Orlando Resort.

Buckle your seatbelts, because in 2017, Fast & Furious: Supercharged is coming to Universal Studios Florida! You???ll have the opportunity to ride along with your favorite Fast stars in a thrilling adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.

This ride is going to be combine everything that you love about the films with an all-new original Fast & Furious storyline that is set in San Francisco. You???ll encounter your favorite characters. You???ll get to check out some of the high-speed, souped-up cars you???ve seen on the big screen. You???ll board special ride vehicles and take off on adrenaline-pumping ride through the underground racing world. You???ll join the Fast family as you???re placed right in the middle of the action. It???s going to be explosive.

To make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged, Disaster: A Major Motion Picture Starring You! will close permanently on September 8, 2015, with Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue closing later this year.

*According to the site they have taken the post down due to respect for the actual announcement. I am not sure if this is real or just a hoax a site came up with. Thank you.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I'm sure it will be horrible and one of those "can't wait for the end" kind of rides; you know, to go along with the theme of the movies.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
I hate... Everything about this. The beetlegeuse show was one of my favorites, seeing it gone definitely blows. I could care less for Fast n the Furious.
Last edited by mrcrolly on August 24th, 2015, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Yeah I have dug into more research to find that the site took the image and post down until an actual announcement is made. I got this sent to me by another user.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
The F&F franchise would make more sense as a roller coaster than a story based dark ride....
What are these for?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
I'm sure it will be horrible and one of those "can't wait for the end" kind of rides; you know, to go along with the theme of the movies.

Maybe they could make a Smiler clone and you could have the Paul Walker experience.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Maybe they could make a Smiler clone and you could have the Paul Walker experience.

That might be the best sentence I've read all month. :lol:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well Fast and Furious: Supercharged was officially announced by Universal!

Check it out: http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats- ... ious-ride/

It is also on Universal Orlando's twitter page!

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
What is it though? Is it like Transformers? What's the Cali one like? I haven't seen anything concrete about it or the tech behind it. WHAT IS IT!

Universal: "Hey Paul, can we use your likeness in a "bucket of suck" F&F attraction?"
P. Walker: "Over my dead body"
Universal: "You have yourself a deal"

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
I know hollywood's version is actually just two REALLY BIG projections, that simulate the world around you.

However, I think Orlandos version will be the same. Mainly because it could follow the same principle, it's basically a tram that takes a right turn into a room, where it stays there for a show, then backtracks to the station again. So I could see the 360 degree projections having a big part in this.

In other words, I thought disaster was a really neat ride, and it's weird that it's already being shut down after it opened in 2009. 6 years of operation.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
You???ll have the opportunity to ride along with your favorite Fast stars in a thrilling adventure that will put you right in the middle of the action.

This kinda makes it sound like it's going to be a darkride like Cars and Test Track. But personally I'm hoping for a dueling coaster like the 'Fiorano GT Challenge'. If anything gave a car racing experience it was a coaster like that!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Fiorano GT Challenge: the actual racing-like lateral g's, so I do want the same effects for Fast & Furious! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
please just build nintendo stuff D:
Taron>Helix get mad

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
^as long as the Nintendo stuff doesn't replace my twister ill be happy

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!