Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games Favorite roller coaster memory while not riding.

Favorite roller coaster memory while not riding.

All forum games go here.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I don't think there is a forum like this and even if there was it would've been a long time ago

So the rules are describe an experience of a roller coaster while not riding it. For me one I'll always remember is going to Hershey for the christmas lights while lightning racer was being built. There was a little snow on the ground and I remember being just awe struck at the construction while in the car leaving the park. This moment had a very big part in my enthusiasm of roller coasters
What are these for?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Why no reply? Wow this has to be discussed now! Do you have any? :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I think my favorite memory is from Vliegende Hollander @ Efteling. Somewhere probably around 2005 I went to the Efteling and saw a big announcement of the coaster being built. I was pretty curious and went online to search for construction updates about the coaster. That was basically the moment when my interest of rollercoasters started to grow. Every day I went online and checked for new construction photo's of the coaster. Vliegende Hollander isn't a great coaster but, the memories I have of following the construction of the ride are my favorite memories of a coaster while not riding it.

My least favorite memory of a coaster while not riding is from Goliath @ Walibi Holland. It was probably around 2010 when I fell of my bike while mountain biking. Luckily I didn't have any real bad injuries but my neck did hurt pretty bad. A few days after the accident we went to Walibi Holland with our school. I hadn't been there for over a year and I really wanted to ride the rollercoasters but couldn't because of my neck. I still remember standing in front of the Goliath and really wanted to ride it just once but I knew if I rode it would be my most painfully ride on a rollercoaster ever... So while some of my classmates rode it I just stood in front of the station and watched the trains leaving and entering the station...

^ Fantastic examples, so other people can post away, too! :D

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
My favorite, but also worst one would be operating Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast at SFOT. Reason behind it being both is that the ride would know that I was going up to operate and it would shut down as I was getting situated behind the panel. The favorite part of it would be the fact that I have some of my best friends at the ride, as you really get to know each other. Another favorite memory is when I first got moved to Freeze from Batman, and needless to say that was a major change of style and personality of not only the crews, but also of the ride as Freeze's personality was far more complicated and complex than that of Batman's.

More of your stories wanted! :D

Points on hand: 2,126.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
My favorite was back in 2010 when Goliath just opened at Fiesta Texas. I was standing outside the entrance looking up at it. I hadn't heard a B&M Roar up close until I was next to that drop! :D

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points
Mine was HELIX when the first pic was released on the internet of the first test ride ever.

Also my favorite memory was standing in front one of Jetlines supports at the day when I for my first time rode it.
I can't really say standing in front of it because I was hugging it while a train passed.
Actually that was the start of mine coaster interests. There haven't been a day from that moment that I didn't think of a coaster :)

It's still making exited when thinking of it

Edit: ^Good grammar there Coaster Mind lol
Yes....

Points on hand: 1,683.00 Points
I have some good memories of the python in de Efteling. I would go there with friens but before we would ride the coaster i point out that the construction and the track would move when the train rides over it because of the forces. Then they are even more terrefied to ride it :p

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
More of your stories wanted! :D

You are really eager to hear other peoples stories. How about sharing some stories from yourself? ;)

One of my favorite memories has got to be standing in the queue waiting for Dragon Khan. On the bridge just before the station, you've got a nice look on the cobra roll and when a train passes through the element. The train gives the best B&M Roar I've ever heard. I can't stop loving those moments. <3
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

^ Dirk, I did feel that I could bump one really awesome thread, so I just want to let you talk freely! This is open to everyone in this forum!

:D

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

lol240 wrote:
^ Dirk, I did feel that I could bump one really awesome thread, so I just want to let you talk freely! This is open to everyone in this forum!

You don't have any memories you'd want to share yourself? ;) I'm sure everyone has at least some favorite coaster memories when they weren't riding.

I have too many to share. :lol:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

lol240 wrote:
I have too many to share. :lol:

Well, you could have included 5 stories already in this topic. :lol:

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
Just being at the main entrance of SFOG, you can hear the B&M roars of Scorcher and Goliath.

Always fun to take a guess how many g's I will get, before riding, looking at the train! :)

Points on hand: 3,951.00 Points

Back in 1988, The Raging Wolf Bobs opened at Geauga Lake. My dad and I went on it, i was so excited to ride the damn thing it wasn't funny, and i was like 14 and wanted to ride every coaster i could at the park. I wanted the ride that coaster, and my dad wasn't to happy about it because he weighed 300 lbs and the bobs had lap bars that basically didn't give him any room. and he sucked in his stomach to get it to lock. Well we rode it but he looked purple when we got off. That was the first and last time he rode it. He said he would stick to the big dipper and the arrow coasters. But I'll always have fond memories of that ride. I Miss that coaster, even though everyone here probably thinks its the worst coaster ever built. He said it will never beat the Euclid Beach Thriller. LOL :lol:

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

Mine is for sure from my Cedar Point trip last year. I had been before, but not before GK had been built. I had watched GK get built online, but finally being able to see it in person made me so happy. I mean I didn't help with building the ride, but there was this big feeling of fulfilment.
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
High-seating people I don't like on a standup.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Watching riders in joy talking poop! :)

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
For me it's easily the first time you walk into Forbidden Valley and hear Nemesis 'roar' around it's helix.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Hmm, I wish I could see more fun riders shouting like "Weeee!" IRL, because "Eeeek! or Whohoo!" sounds a tad too common to us!

Return to Fun and Games