Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Fire Starter

Fire Starter

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 30th, 2005, 4:45 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'm building a new rollercoaster in NoLimits, which will be a rocket coaster. Inspired by the looks of Rita and Kanonen it should be a decent ride. The first element after the launch is an inverted top hat, into a dive loop. That's all i've built so far, you can see some screenies of the track and custom station at:- http://nldc.interfix.net/p415

I don't know when it'll be out, because i want to make it as smooth as possible!

Post March 30th, 2005, 5:41 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Just from the pics, I can tell that it has lots of pumps. A track can be smooth and have pumps, which seems that is the case here. If you need testers mail me: Brtnboarder495@gmail.com
Otherwise keep us posted.

Post March 31st, 2005, 1:54 pm
mkingy User avatar

Okay, i've emailed you, the track circuit isn't completed yet though.

Post March 31st, 2005, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points
It looks nice. Supports etc. but I don't like the idea that everyone is doing these Intamin Rockets all the time. You won't get originality points for this one [;)]. Or maybe you do! Who knows.

Good Luck!!

Post March 31st, 2005, 4:52 pm
Premium Member

Seeing as IRC seem to be a trend lately I wouldnt take off points. Anyway about the track. Nice overall, pretty smooth but some twitchy pieces of track (View the train from the last car in the simulator). Unfortunetely I couldnt ride it in My simulator because its not working right now. Try to smooth those parts, and it seems decent overall. Remember G control aswel.

Post April 1st, 2005, 1:15 pm
mkingy User avatar

Post April 1st, 2005, 3:46 pm
Premium Member

NP, there isnt much to give comments on, so its hard to do at the time, but when you get more work done, post it.

Post April 1st, 2005, 5:19 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

launch track needs to be quad spine, and the segments that turn into your inside top hat should be heartlined.

Post April 1st, 2005, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I would be REALLY aware of the pumping ... it looks pretty obvious from my POV. But, as long as your layout is interesting it gets orig points from me. ;-)

Post April 2nd, 2005, 9:03 am
mkingy User avatar

Does the lauch track HAVE to be quad spine (especially as some of it is in the station)? It's the same style launch as Rita i think, although i'm not certain. I'm trying to make make the top hat and dive loop as smooth as i can without pumping, i might have cracked it, although it probably still has pumping. Anyone else wanting to test it?

Post April 2nd, 2005, 10:25 am
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

I would like to test it, too.
carschten@gmx.net

I'm building a rocket coaster, too.
it's close to storm runner but still has an interesting layout.

Post April 2nd, 2005, 11:00 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,873.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by mkingy

Does the lauch track HAVE to be quad spine (especially as some of it is in the station)? It's the same style launch as Rita i think, although i'm not certain. I'm trying to make make the top hat and dive loop as smooth as i can without pumping, i might have cracked it, although it probably still has pumping. Anyone else wanting to test it?

Rita's launch is quad spine, the track in the station is just the 2 rails though. The quad spine runs the length of the launch outside the station, and continues for one section of track after the launch (the banking transition at the end of the launch)

Post April 2nd, 2005, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by mkingy

http://www.riderita.com/gallery/large/pic02.jpg
Looks like Quad track to me.

Yes, it HAS to be quad track. Why you ask? Because the quad track is the only track that can house the hydraulic cylinders needed for the brake fins, as well as the brake fins.

Plus you need room for the catch dog and cable...you need that stability as well. Theres ALOT of lateral force being exerted on the track (not the riders) when it launches.

Post April 2nd, 2005, 12:46 pm
mkingy User avatar

Ahohcay, thanks for the explanation, but by Rita i meant part of the launch is in the staion, unlike TTD. Or am i wrong there aswell?

edit:- file emailed to you ish

Post April 3rd, 2005, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area