Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Ferrari World - Mission Ferrari: SFX Coaster

Ferrari World - Mission Ferrari: SFX Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It will be built by Intamin and have the world's steepest drop and the world's biggest loop.

Official press release:

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi Reveals Plans for Record Breaking Roller Coaster at ATM

New roller coaster will join ???Ferrari Driving Experience???, ???Karting Academy??? and many more exciting attractions recently added at the Ferrari branded theme park

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi revealed one of its exciting upcoming attractions at the Arabian Travel Market (ATM). The new roller coaster is set to break new world records, and is considered a major addition to the unique theme park???s offering as part of the undergoing large-scale expansion.

Already boasting the world???s fastest roller coaster, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is planning to become home to the world???s steepest steel rollercoaster featuring a starting hill inclined by 51 degrees and the world???s tallest loop of 52m (170ft). Named ???Flying Aces???, the new roller coaster experience is inspired by Italy???s ???ace of aces??? Count Francesco Baracca, a famous Italian aviator of the 1900???s whose legendary Prancing Horse emblem was inherited by Enzo Ferrari. The bi-plane themed coaster is expected to attract thrill seekers from around the world to its gravity-defying loops and swoops.

Jesse Vargas, General Manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi said: ???There are very few theme parks that have undertaken such a significant expansion as Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. At the Arabian Travel Market, we are giving the world just a glimpse of our continuously evolving, Ferrari-inspired entertainment offering. Flying Aces will be another one-of-a-kind ride that you can only find at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Its design and storyline are deeply rooted in the rich history of Ferrari.???

???We are proud of what Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has achieved over the past five years, and thrilled with the great feedback we???ve been receiving from our guests on all the new experiences introduced at the Park in the past few months. I???m particularly proud of our latest attraction, the Ferrari ???Driving Experience???, which has taken immersion into the exclusive world of Ferrari to a brand new height!??? Vargas added.

The Park???s newest ???Driving Experience??? gives guests the opportunity to drive a luxurious Ferrari along Yas Island and its surroundings, setting Ferrari World Abu Dhabi apart from all other theme parks.

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi???s indoor electric-powered go-karts at ???Karting Academy??? have been attracting racing enthusiasts since its launch in November 2014. Guests have been practicing their racing skills while trying to break the lap time record - set by none other than Scuderia Ferrari???s drivers ??? of 36.6 seconds.

Budding adventurers have also been enjoying new attractions at the Park. The recently expanded ???Junior Training Camp??? now includes many new challenges such as climbing and free fall jumping. Children can also pilot a GT or F1 car on the all new double-tracked ???Junior GP??? or navigate a remote-controlled boat around the waterways of ???Bell???Italia???.

In addition to all the new and enhanced Park experience, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has introduced many themed, seasonal festivals over the past few months to further engage its versatile portfolio of visitors from around the world. These include Chinese New Year (February), Festival of Lights (October) and Winterfest (December) that have now become annual fixtures on the Park???s entertainment calendar.
Last edited by Paradox on November 7th, 2015, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Inclined by 51 degrees

So 231 degree drop or what is going on here?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I saw this on a couple websites, most people are happy that Ferrari World is getting some inversions (at least one ENORMOUS loop). Looks like Intamin is stealing Full Throttle's record! Also, I don't get the steepest coaster thing; the lift is only 51 degrees, and nothing is mentioned about the drop. It would have to be steep as hell, shattering Intamin's previous record.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I'm surprised Ferrari world is sticking with Intamin again. Wonder is Formula Rossa has had a lot of mechanical things like Ka and TTD?

Paradox User avatar

Apparently they are getting 2 more Intamin attractions for 2016 and 2017.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Paradox User avatar

Intamin is God.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ And aesthetic, too! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I agree Intamin is god, but its not an economical or mechanical god.

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Looks like the new "cool" record to beat is tallest vertical loop!
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Manic Monte wrote:
Looks like the new "cool" record to beat is tallest vertical loop!

Yea, since it's not so tall, is economical for them to try to beat it since you can go under 200 to beat it.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
TTD03 wrote:
I'm surprised Ferrari world is sticking with Intamin again. Wonder is Formula Rossa has had a lot of mechanical things like Ka and TTD?

From my experience they don't have any issues. They do close the ride every 200 cycles for about half an hour for a complete maintenance check. Safety is high up there. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

From my experience they don't have any issues. They do close the ride every 200 cycles for about half an hour for a complete maintenance check. Safety is high up there. :)

Safety is high everywhere except China and Wisconsin it seems. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Formula Rossa was mostly reliable since they've had two previous giant launches to work with and improve upon.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

It had enormous problems with the hydraulic launch system before it opened. It took weeks of testing to get it to its top speed because the hydraulics were only launching the trains at 128 mph (ironically) (On hydraulic launch coasters they go from low speed to top speed during testing, and it wouldn't go past 128). They resolved the issue, and I don' think it's had mechanical issues since.
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

Jeez. Where did you find that info?

Paradox User avatar

Construction has gone vertical.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Why is everything white? They are Ferrari, paint it red!
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 161.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
Why is everything white? They are Ferrari, paint it red!

My guess is, this has to do with the sandy winds over in the UAE. Maybe with other paints this would scrape off the paintjob too quickly or something. Just a guess, really.
*Insert pointful signature here*

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Super excited for next year's Intamins. Really hope these are able to run fine; when they do, parks (especially in North America) are probably bound to buy a lot more Intamin rides (which would be fantastic)! :D
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Can't decided which I'm more hyped for, this or Taron.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

The all white is because normally paint would fade off very quickly in the UAE's harsh environment. Anyway, I have a feeling this is going to be a knockout coaster, the layout so far looks promising!
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I am slightly confused...according to RCDB the make is Premier, not Intamin, and looking at the track, it seems more premier a-la Full Throttle and Speed-the ride ish. The double spine even looks like the same spine that Full Throttle used on the loop and top hat combo; however, the spine on most of the other track seems too thin to be premier, but, doesn't really look like Intamin track either.The transitions also seem more premier like than Intamin. I may be wrong, but, RCDB is usually pretty accurate with their listings.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Simply put, RCDB is wrong. This is an intamin ride using the new double spin like on formula Rossa and skyrush. Premiers spine is just thinker, not two separate beams like this is. If you need any proof there's a picture of the track and support prices with intamin labels on it.(on my phone right now so I can't get to it)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

It's clearly an Intamin. That's the new Intamin Double Spine. The Premier version is just two large spines completely combined to make one so it's basically one giant spine. RCDB is wrong (for whatever reason). Plus, 99.9% of Premier rides are launched, and this isn't.
It's been a long time

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
spacemountainfan619 wrote:
I am slightly confused...according to RCDB the make is Premier, not Intamin

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Simply put, RCDB is wrong.

Coaster Hero wrote:
RCDB is wrong (for whatever reason)

You guys make it sound like RCDB is always right. RCDB now-a-days also uses rumors and user feedback, so there is always a small chance they could have gotten it by the wrong end. This is probably one of those cases. Easily solved by sending them an e-mail providing the correct information. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!