Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Flying Coaster "Fascination"

Flying Coaster "Fascination"

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post June 27th, 2009, 9:12 am

Points on hand: 91.00 Points

Hey,
i started a new project, a Flying Coaster. I really like this coastertype because of its many possibilities to make a cool coaster. ;) I often try to built one, but only this time I'm happy with the layout.

Check it out:

Here are my first idea of colours, it's a bit different... I will think about it.

Hope you like it and you give me feedback! ;)
mfg Thrill
Last edited by -Thrill- on July 4th, 2009, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 27th, 2009, 10:15 am

Points on hand: 777.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2009, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I like the layout. Hope you pull it off correctly.

Go with the blue/white scheme.

Post June 27th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Make the white have a hint of silver in it and it will be sexy. Other than that it looks good!
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post June 28th, 2009, 6:44 am

Hey ho,
@marcello: At the last helix there are yellow positive Gs. This makes the last part kick ass! :P

At this moment I'm searching for a system to make easy tunnels and get them into the terrain. I think i have a good one. I tryed also a new color scheme, in this case the coaster will be called "Phoenix". Sadly, the theming that I had built to now, i have to delete, because it don't work with the new system.

mfg Thrill

Post June 28th, 2009, 6:55 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

If there are yellow Gs when the train is in the flying position, than my friend, you have a problem.

Post June 28th, 2009, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 2,560.00 Points
Originally posted by -Thrill-

Hey ho,
@marcello: At the last helix there are yellow positive Gs. This makes the last part kick ass! :P

At this moment I'm searching for a system to make easy tunnels and get them into the terrain. I think i have a good one. I tryed also a new color scheme, in this case the coaster will be called "Phoenix". Sadly, the theming that I had built to now, i have to delete, because it don't work with the new system.

mfg Thrill

Just to remind you on acceptable g forces on flyers:

The relevant values are the accelerational g values ONLY since the passenger is in a 90????????? tilted position. Acceptable g values according to ASTM standards are as following:
positive acc. (lay down position):6 gs for up to 1 second and 4 gs for up to 4 seconds.
negative acc. (flying position): -4g for up to 1 second and -2.5g for pretty much as long as you like.

Bottom line: With helixes or any turns in flying position you should be rather careful with g-forces.

Post June 28th, 2009, 3:12 pm

Eh, not much of a fan of the new colors. Its like puke, lol. Lime green + gold = vegiebarf.
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post July 2nd, 2009, 4:38 am

Hey ho,

@Hansixx @ Vid_w: Okay, you?????????re right. I've changed the curves, that there won't be problems with the Gs anymore.

@ianko66: Check out the new colour.

At this time i work at many things; The way, the station, search for environment, try new colour scheme. This time i try Beserkir environment, made by Darkavenger. I choose this because the trees are very big, not like the normal NL tree?????????s wich are in my eyes very unrealistic.

hope you like it,
mfg Thrill

Post July 2nd, 2009, 5:33 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,963.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

the drop looks awesome, but the new colours are even worse! [lol]

The blue and white one is still the best one

Post July 4th, 2009, 12:34 am

i agree. blue & white ftw

Post July 4th, 2009, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i dig the yellow and orange. Looks good with the enviroment.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 4th, 2009, 4:22 am

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

For some reason those colors remind me of RCT puke [lol].

I would use the blue and white or keep the track color and change the supports to white. Yellow for the track might look good with the environment.

Post July 4th, 2009, 6:01 am

Hey,
First i think much about the colours and decide only changing the support colour a bit. The name of the coaster will be "Fascination" and i think the colours match perfectly to the name.

Here the logo:

On the other hand i built on the supports, this time the real ones. My problem is, the thin supports looks to thin, the next bigger supports looks to big. I choose the thin, because they look most as the real vekomas.

I look for the supports there:
http://rcdb.com/m/de/ig3793.htm

mfg Thrill

Post July 4th, 2009, 10:08 am

Well, sexy logo. Haha. Its pimp. I hate that about the supports too! I always get stuck with eurofighters. For the colors, just try making the green be more of a yellow, but still not the same yellow as the rails. Otherwise, it looks great!

Post July 4th, 2009, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Heres your new color scheme-

Try to copy it best you can and it will look great.

Post July 6th, 2009, 12:48 am

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
This ride is turning out pretty cool, and I have to agree with gouldy, the drop looks killer.

Post July 6th, 2009, 3:44 pm

Hey,
@ianko66: I changed the colours a little bit.

@Kyle Sloane: Thanks for your idea. I like decent colours, but this time i wanna create a funny, colourfull coaster. Your colours are good, but it don't match to the idea!

I continuing bulding supports, maybe i got 1/4 complete. I also create some simple footers. Here are two pictures of a mostly complete part.

mfg Thrill

Post July 6th, 2009, 7:32 pm

The colols look fantastic now. Dont change them at all. Everything looks great now. =D

Return to Hard Hat Area