Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Flying Coaster Gs

Flying Coaster Gs

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post February 13th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I guess this is applicable to both NL2 and 1, being that the Vekoma Flying Dutchman was eventually available in NL1 (forget which update) but since I also have questions regarding the G-force comb I figured this was better suited here.

I'm building a "junior flyer" so I'm trying to be particularly mindful of the Gs exerted throughout the ride. In the prone position (supine too I guess), acceleration is basically the equivalent of an upright coaster's vertical Gs, right? And vice versa? I know the limits aren't exactly the same... what would you consider a comfortable max for acceleration forces? I'm asking for a full-sized flyer; I can always adjust within those ranges for my purposes. I'm not sure if the green-yellow-red scheme on NL2 really works exactly right for flyers.

Speaking of, has anyone noticed that the G-force comb is only partially useful for flyers? It appears to be reading the track as completely upside-down when riders would be in a face-up position so I'm getting a bunch of crazy negative g-force readings with the comb. However, they may be accurate for the acceleration so maybe it's just unavoidable due to the vastly different rider positions between flyers and... everything else? I don't really have a problem with it if I know I just need to pretend those negative force readings are actually acceleration readings, if in fact that's what's going on.
Last edited by zacattack1104 on February 13th, 2014, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 13th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Originally posted by zacattack1104

I don't really have a problem with it if I know I just need to pretend those negative force readings are actually acceleration readings, if in fact that's what's going on.

That's pretty much to be expected. Pay more attention to the actual value than to the color.
As for G-forces, not quite sure of acceptable limits but I read someone say ~2.5 for negative acceleration and ~3.5 for positive acceleration. Maybe someone who knows more can elaborate.

Post February 22nd, 2014, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
From personal experience on both Vekoma and B&M Flyers I'd say that the forces to both might be different even between the two having similar rider positions. The Vekoma setup might not take G-forces as well as B&M in my opinion, for some reason Dutchman seats just.... are more uncomfortable. It seems like those values given would be safe, I'd try to use a smaller margin though for Vekoma models. Plus their flyer designs are usually smaller and less intense to begin with

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2