Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Freestyle Music Park (Hard Rock Park)

Freestyle Music Park (Hard Rock Park)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:15 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

-------------------------------------------------
NEWS RELEASE

FPI MB ENTERTAINMENT LLC TO OPEN FREESTYLE MUSIC PARK MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

New Name Reflects Renewed Vision and Direction for Former Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

April 9, 2009, Myrtle Beach, S.C. - FPI MB Entertainment LLC (FPI MBE) today unveiled the new name for the former Hard Rock Park. "Freestyle Music Park" represents FPI MBE's renewed vision and direction for the Park in 2009 and beyond.

"Freestyle Music Park" is the destination for the celebration of that revolutionary phenomenon rock n' roll but also encompasses other genres of music including country, reggae, beach music, pop, R&B, alternative, Christian, and disco. At Freestyle Music Park, you can indulge your inner "rock star" while enjoying the park's many and excellent rides, shows and other attractions.

In addition, Freestyle Music Park will be the prototype and launching point for the Freestyle Park brand throughout the world. FPI MBE plans to open additional new attractions and entertainment venues in the coming years, under the Freestyle Park banner. Our Myrtle Beach Park will be the first to feature a music theme.

"Choosing 'Freestyle Music' as the name of the Park is a strategic move that we see as a key benefit for the long-term success of the project while broadening its appeal to an infinitely larger number of guests," said Steve Baker, president of FPI MBE. "With Freestyle Music Park, we own the name, leaving us unencumbered by one specific brand. This will allow us, from a partnership perspective, to explore other opportunities and collaborate with national and international brands that will strengthen and extend the 'Freestyle' brand in Myrtle Beach and throughout the rest of the world."

In the weeks ahead, FPI MBE will be announcing several changes to its Freestyle Music Park. Many of the rides, restaurants and areas throughout the Park are being re-themed to better fit into the vision of Freestyle Music Park. Castings are also underway for talent to star in Freestyle Music Park's musical and live stage show acts, which are currently in development and will be announced at a later date.

About Freestyle Music Park

Freestyle Music Park is a 55-acre Park located in Myrtle Beach, S.C. and is owned and operated by FPI MB Entertainment LLC (FPI MBE). Freestyle Music Park has more than 50 attractions for music fans of all ages, including roller coasters, shows, children's play areas, restaurants, cafes and retail stores, a multi-purpose live music amphitheatre and an ultra-modern sound system, creating a totally immersive full day experience. For more information on Freestyle Music Park, call (843) 236-7625 or visit FreestyleMusicPark.com
-------------------------------------------------

There's some interesting news for you. Check out the new logo:

So what do you think about this? Post your comments!

Source: Freestyle Music Park
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,863.00 Points
That has to be the absolute, most awkward name in the history of theme parks! I wish this could have just stayed with the Hard Rock Park name. I hope this doesn't end up TOO family oriented like it sounds it might.

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:35 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
NOOOOOOO....OOOO...OO.O

From every single available combination of words, why this one?
At least they have a decent B&M, no matter how bad they name it.

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:35 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i think the pooptiness of the music will overshadow the quality of the rides..i can just see it now.. the "christian rock rollercoaster" will most likeley be a second hand rethemed boomerang , but all the christians will wait in line for it anyways ..

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:37 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I think they need to fire their marketing director and brand manager for converting Hard Rock Park into Freestyle Music Park. Seriously, those two people are utter morons.
Paradox wrote:

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
Does nobody have any imagination left? "Freestyle Music Park", come on! If you cant't use Hard Rock, why not think of something at least on the same level as that?

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points

Post April 9th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Also,... a pink logo? Are the proceeds going to the treatment of breast cancer or a breat cancer foundation? It looks like a breast cancer campaign ribbon. To a certain point one can assume the park might be geared to cater just women now. Seriously, the people managing the transformation of Hard Rock park into this new entity just failed miserably to see what the target market is and how to transform it to something that will attract them.
Paradox wrote:

Post April 9th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
Christain Rock? Well, I guess there is no hope of Eagles-Life in the Fast Lane to become Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.

Post April 9th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by alpengeist

That has to be the absolute, most awkward name in the history of theme parks! I wish this could have just stayed with the Hard Rock Park name. I hope this doesn't end up TOO family oriented like it sounds it might.

More awkward than Bizarro?
American Eagle Lover

Post April 11th, 2009, 9:04 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Oscar...seriously...wheres the real press release???

JK...terrible name...still a good park hopefully.

Post April 11th, 2009, 9:34 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I saw this news article and instantly thought of NOT wasting my time on C2K because the last one involved a tremendous amount of SPAM e-mail that generated nothing in the end. People don't want new parks with 1, 2, or 3 new attractions in the circuit ... they want improvements/better maintenance at the parks they enjoy.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post April 11th, 2009, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey

Originally posted by alpengeist

More awkward than Bizarro?

Um...

Yeah

just a bit more akward.

It sounds like a horribly put together sentence. Plus whats freestyle music supposed to mean. Is that even a category of music. Great, we got this company running a park. At least it wont be gone.

Post April 11th, 2009, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,306.00 Points

I can't stand the name, but I can see why they chose it. They don't have to worry about legal fees since they own the name (FPI = Freestyle Park International). I would have rather them put Myrtle Beach or the Grand Strand in the name.

I do enjoy the logo though.

Post April 12th, 2009, 11:29 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I like how the initial reaction is to the Christian Music. I would hope they are smart and pick something thats somewhat mainstream and will mesh with the rest of the parks musical atmosphere.

Its glad to see a park NOT get sold for scrap and rides shipped around. That B&M is pretty sweet.

Post April 12th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,505.00 Points
could they have a worse name? if they need to name it, be more creative. it sounds like the name of a kiddie section at six flags!!

Post April 14th, 2009, 10:02 am

Points on hand: 4,273.00 Points

I like the the name and the logo, but I will say that they could have been just a tad bit more creative with both. It's not the worst that's out there, a couple of parks have taken that title. Can't wait to see what they re-name some of the rides.
Live, Laugh, Love!
--David K. Jr.

Post May 6th, 2009, 2:32 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Looks like the only coaster name change is Led Zeppelin - The Ride to Time Machine... LAME!

http://www.rcdb.com/pd1495.htm
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post May 6th, 2009, 7:54 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Well, expect all the coaster names to change if FPI cant get the rights to the stuff. However, Time Machine is a great name compares to the park name. Also with 5 diffrent songs, the ride will be diffrent each time....maybe.

Post May 6th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
Yeah, I bet the park will have to repeat the same process again, and finally get someone smart enough to give the park an attractive name, or change everything back to the way it was.

Christin arock isn't all that bad. Infact, there's a good number of hard rock bands that are Chistian [;)]

Post May 7th, 2009, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Heres the screwed up blimp for the time machine coaster. It looks really stupid and awkward.

Image Insert:
200.06 KB

Post May 8th, 2009, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points

Post May 8th, 2009, 12:13 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^I hope it fails so that Toverland can buy it's B&M

Post June 8th, 2009, 2:29 am

Points on hand: 1,254.00 Points
I think I'm actually gonna make it out to the park this season, hopefully the park is still open when I go!

Post June 10th, 2009, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!