Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Freizeitpark Plohn 2019 - Dynamite: Mack Big Dipper

Freizeitpark Plohn 2019 - Dynamite: Mack Big Dipper

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
This article appeared today which says that the owners of this small park in Germany have confirmed a new coaster in 2019 and that it will be a Mack Big Dipper like Lost Gravity.

Here's the article run through Google translate for our non-German speakers:

Do you still know the RollerCoaster Tycoon mission, where you could only build roller coasters? At the moment, it seems to us as if we have played this campaign a bit too often in the Saxonian Vogtland ...
After the Silver Mine family coaster (2000), the Kinderachterbahn Raupe (2006) followed. With the El Toro wood coaster (2009), the park was a cause for concern and with Plohseidon (2011) moved another family coaster into the Saxon province. The Indoor-Powered-Coaster Miniwah and the secret of Gold Greek City (2015) believed that the leisure park Plohn had once enough roller coasters, as recently announced the sixth coaster, a spinning coaster called the Dragon Swirl A few weeks in operation. But before this train ever welcomed the first regular passenger, it was now announced that the park opened its next seventh roller coaster in 2019.
Already last year there were first indications of the park management, which one plans a new attraction, which should become the most expensive in the park history. The investment volume is therefore at least ??? 5 million. Last fall, it was then announced that the first roller coaster of the park, the Silver Mine, will leave the park in a coming season and an adequate roller coaster replacement for a youthful target audience should be created. By a building permit for a "Big Dipper Coaster" decided a few weeks ago, the roller coaster type and the manufacturer were now also known. It is the world famous roller coaster Mack Rides from Waldkirch. The roller coaster type is, however, a Germany champion and, according to current knowledge, the second plant in the world. The first performance of the Big Dipper in Walibi Holland as Lost Gravity, we recorded you in a news check. Here, too, the product video of the roller coaster, on which the peculiarities of the system are clearly recognizable.
But the game of the possibilities we can even turn one more round: last summer the ZDF produced a contribution to the winner of the German founder prize. Including Roland Mack with settings from the offices of Mack Rides. Here is the layout of a new Big Dipper Coaster discussed - an even more compact form than Lost Gravity. The design follows the prototype but is somewhat shorter and narrower and has a delayed start with a slow crossing into the first drop. It can be an original layout for Walibi Holland - or just a little more favorable for the leisure park Plohn.
In the end, we do not want to overlook the glass ball and look forward to the opening of the dragon vortex in the coming weeks. And until then, we congratulate the Plohn leisure park for a one-time positive development and hope the 2019 will be a very big year for the small park in the east of Germany.

Possible layout:

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,955.00 Points
Nice to see another one of these being built!
Ok but how desperate you have to be to voluntarily fly from another country to go to Thorpe?

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So it's like a Lost Gravity dive machine-ish thing right?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

yeah that thing! AWESOME!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
The layout looks pretty compact. Looks like it will be a great coaster!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Lost Gravity gave me a (super) feeling that any "floorless" wild mouse could be really fun! Grade A+! :D
Last edited by lol240 on April 10th, 2017, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Nice addition for their park!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Feel (Positively!) the same thing, too! :D
Last edited by lol240 on April 12th, 2017, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I'll be the lone dissenting voice and say that these things honestly *look* just okay. But that comes along with the understanding that most people who've ridden Lost Gravity seem to like it and I fully hope it makes me eat my words when I ride it this summer! And this layout does appear to be a nice improvement.

Turbo User avatar

They do look just okay. But they're a cool concept and nice for smaller parks I'd imagine.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hmmm... Looking at the layout so far it's mostly (near) vertical drops and those weird banked turns. I hope this layout gets a few further developments as I'm not getting super exited about it yet.

Awesome to hear that the park keeps expanding so much! It's insane to see how fast that park suddenly grows! <3 If this ride is built, I'll definitely need make a return there. So much new stuff!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Turbo User avatar

Why must new things be opening all the time so far away from me? lol

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Paradox User avatar

The park has confirmed the name of this ride will be Dynamite and will open in 2019 as the tallest coaster in East Germany. It will have to beat out Huracan at Belantis which stands at 32m tall to get this record.

Stunning, explosive, unique - new from 2019:
The Freizeitpark Plohn and MACK Rides present "Dynamite" - the 1. Big Dipper Coaster in Germany and at the same time the highest roller coaster in eastern Germany.
We don't want to reveal too much to be exciting for the next few months but ask us, of course, what you expect from this roller coaster and what kind of driving figures you want?

More about "Dynamite" will be here soon, on www.dynamite-plohn.de and at www.freizeitpark-plohn.de!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm intrigued as to what the layout will be.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
This is a prefect fit for this park, I'm excited to see too!
Taron>Helix get mad

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
I'm hoping that this one will stay smooth through the years since Lost Gravity is rough at some spots now, for example the last turn
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Points on hand: 301.00 Points
The tallest coaster in east germany :lol:

record hoax on a new level

Points on hand: 311.00 Points
I think it's good for east Germany to get this. They don't have much in the way of theme parks, so between this and El Toro, Plohn looks like it could become a good park for the area.

I'm personally not a huge fan of Lost Gravity though - I hope the flow of this coaster will be a bit better, and less rattly after one year. I've always found Lost Gravity a little uncomfortable, and that's become worse as time went on.

Paradox User avatar

Land clearing has begun!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

RIPEP nature

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Wow, that's quite early I think? They would have like 1,5 years to construct that ride.

Paradox User avatar

Demolition of Silver Mine has begun.

POV of the ride

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I hope it will be relocated to somewhere else. No seatbelt/no pullbar rides are getting rare!

Paradox User avatar

Some creative marketing from the park!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
I think it's time to update this post with whats been going on through the first few months of the year.

First we have Slivermine being dismantled:

Next we have the footers being built:

Next we have a tunnel being built for the ride:

Finally, we have fun video that the park uploaded to their youtube channel of them blowing up some rocks with some real dynamite:

That's it for now.

Sources:

http://www.dynamite-plohn.de/en/fotos

https://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/coa ... plohn.html

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!