Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Frenzy? (Original GCI)

Frenzy? (Original GCI)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 23rd, 2009, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I think it was sarcasm as to my choice of fence design.... But I basically just found these and it seemed like the easiest/best looking solution:

Post November 25th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Starting to get a hang of the whole 3ds thing for more than simple paths....Working on a set of Larson Flying Scooters.

Also have an entrance plaza and drop tower in the works.

The 3ds isn't seeming to effect my framerate, but you are going to need a decent PC to run this. I tried it on my mom's PC which is far newer than mine and only got 15-20fps even without 3ds, so just the supports alone are reasonably intensive. With my computer (Athlon 64 3200+, 2gb ram, Geforce 7800GS) I get about 50-70fps most of the time, and about 35 as the lowest as long as I'm not running anything major in the background.

Edit:

Still needs cables and real textures, but it looks kinda cool imo.

Post November 25th, 2009, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post November 26th, 2009, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Are you replacing the kiddie coaster with the flyers?
Just keep scrolling...

Post November 26th, 2009, 12:45 am

Will have both if FPS permits. Like I said in my original post, I have a lot of space that needs to be filled in because of the profile of the ride. I'm hoping the couple of rides and some well placed gardens will look natural enough and have a good atmosphere.

Post November 26th, 2009, 12:54 am

Ah. I guess we'll just have to wait to see.
Just keep scrolling...

Post December 1st, 2009, 4:08 pm

Has anyone gotten Runtime error 6: overflow with Object Creator before? It's happening pretty often and it's getting fairly annoying.

Post December 1st, 2009, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

yes and for me no solution helped, only thing worked for me was to delete some big scenery objects

Post December 1st, 2009, 6:51 pm

Originally posted by Freddie

Has anyone gotten Runtime error 6: overflow with Object Creator before? It's happening pretty often and it's getting fairly annoying.

I usually get it when dealing with flat surfaces. I take a box and make it a sliver then either try to apply a texture or adjust the size. I also get it every once in a while when texturing many brushed objects.

When are you getting this?
Just keep scrolling...

Post December 1st, 2009, 7:02 pm

Yeah same thing, was making a flat brush when it happened. I also had it happen a few days ago after building a lot, so I just figured it couldn't handle a lot when it's been open for a while. But today it was just a flat textured brush......tried to move the points and the OC interface got distorted and I got that error.

Post December 1st, 2009, 10:12 pm

Yes. I get that error quite often. I'm not sure how to fix it though.
Just keep scrolling...

Post December 1st, 2009, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Looks Great!

Lets see...

Maybe Starchaser, Shooting Star, Timber Twister, Forest Runner...
American Eagle Lover

Post December 6th, 2009, 1:41 am

Nearly done with paths & their fences, which I think was the last major thing I "had" to do to fill in around the ride. Should just be detail work and tidying things up from here on.

Hopefully this doesn't give away too much of the layout (kept the pic small on purpose) but shows the overview of the ride's area:

And some screens I thought were cool from that angle with target view:

Hopefully not too much longer....Won't give a date because I've been saying that since fall 2007 but maybe this time I actually mean it.

Post December 7th, 2009, 12:48 pm

I finished the path work for the most part. It looks much cleaner and more uniform than in my last pic so I figured I'd update. Off to the left will be a picnic pavilion, however since it's off the simulator's area it will be fairly low detail. Just something where it doesn't seem like there's a giant field of nothingness beyond the coaster which is pretty visible from the last turn. Will see about adding some 3ds trees back there but I have to wait and see what I end up doing about an environment.

I also added cables to the flyers, which are nothing special, but the ride looks much more complete now. Better textures will come, though I'm awful at color schemes so I'll probably put that off for a while.

And some more target view fun (I normally don't like "showoff" pics, but this is the first time the ride has started to look complete to me, so I'm trying to enjoy it before I get sick of it):

The kiddie coaster will have a decent station and will be on a slab when all is said and done, so ignore the solid black and floating parts of it. In the background is the skeleton of the 140' drop tower which if you really want to get nerdy gives some nice overhead views of the coaster.

Post December 7th, 2009, 1:14 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks really good so far. I also appreciate that you've kept the polygon count relatively low for those of us with low end machines.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 20th, 2009, 10:24 pm

Almost completely done with supports...Hopefully within the next week or so.

Post December 20th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looking as great as ever.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 21st, 2009, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

It has to be amazing, even coasterkid is complimenting it.
Just loving the supporting.

Post December 21st, 2009, 2:49 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Looks really good so far. I also appreciate that you've kept the polygon count relatively low for those of us with low end machines.

Cun[:D]t.

Heres some names:

(The) Messenger
Trigger
Atomic
Crimson
Roulette
Hero
Paradox
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post December 21st, 2009, 3:19 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points

Post December 21st, 2009, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Can I send you one of my jet coasters for you to convert to 3ds to put in the park for this coaster?

Post December 21st, 2009, 12:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
^ He already has a kiddy coaster, which is far more exciting.

Post December 21st, 2009, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post December 21st, 2009, 4:23 pm

Yeah no Jet coasters... it's supposed to just be a small park like Canobie Lake or Funtown Splashtown, not a Japanese ghetto park. The only other coaster I could see myself adding (though I doubt it as I don't have much more room that I need to fill in) would be a Wildmouse or a Tivoli type thing.

But right now I'm more concerned with getting the supports finalized more than anything. I got one of the three hardest remaining parts done the other night (albeit the easiest of the three) and am about to start work on the second. After these all that is left to do is fairly easy/repetitive....Stuff like the kicker boards between the track and catwalks, diagonals beams, etc. All the major stuff like the banked ledgers (which are ridiculously hard/time consuming but the result looks pretty nice IMO) and diagonal laces are in place.

And yeah....I modeled the kiddie coaster after the Miler ride at Denos Wonder Wheel park (Coney Island), which actually is fun as hell and more violent/intense than most adult coasters I've been on. The laterals off the first drop are crazy.

Post December 21st, 2009, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area