Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Frenzy? (Original GCI)

Frenzy? (Original GCI)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 21st, 2009, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6

^ He already has a kiddy coaster, which is far more exciting.

Lawl, that made me chuckle.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post December 21st, 2009, 8:44 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Post December 21st, 2009, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post December 21st, 2009, 8:50 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
^ *sigh*
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post December 21st, 2009, 9:12 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I'm not adding another coaster. I meant if I were to....But it is extremely unlikely that I will. It wouldn't be that kind of mouse either.

And I'm not sure how GCIs are ghetto Mikey...Especially since you were crying over a Dinn ride that needed to be loaded with brakes to stop itself from falling apart. Don't know of any GCIs that meet that criteria.

Post December 21st, 2009, 10:34 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

The brakes were what caused it to fall apart. And besides, We all have to have an alternate name for each company. Ghetto Coasters International, Crappy Coasters International, Beaner & Mexican, In-to-men, Curstler, etc etc.

Post February 19th, 2010, 12:58 am

So when I say a week that of course means I'm not going to touch it for months. Well sorta.....I did completely reprofile the first drop and its now quite a bit smoother and more realistic than it used to be. Redoing the supports are going to be a bitch, but I'm much happier with the tracking now.

Ignore the supports, as I said that all need to be fixed....but yeah.

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:08 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
I'm liking the new shape of the drop Freddie. And that little structure to the left, might I ask what that is?

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:14 am

Will be a park entrance plaza/parking lot. I kinda want to do something different for the entrance....More Victorian style because of what I have in mind for the midway, but it depends what kind of mood I'm in when I do that. On the one hand I really just want to finish it because I've wasted way too much time on it, but on the other I really want to go all out as I'm kinda starting to lose interest in coasters so I think it'll be my last ride for a while.

The new drop is pretty subtle in pics, without looking at where the supports are you wouldn't be able to tell it's that different (and even then really, it's only raised about 2-3' for most of the drop, with the most dramatic point only being around 5' different), but it feels a lot smoother, at least to me. I don't think the old one was bad enough where someone would point it out, but the new one is a big improvement.

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:19 am

Regardless, I can't wait to ride this, I still patiently await completion. And I like the Victorian touch, do you plan to make an intractite entrance or subtle, like how it is right now (From what I can see in the image).

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:34 am

It's going to be fairly detailed as it's in direct view of the ride. As of right now it's more of a woodsy style, pretty much directly ripping off Quassy's awesome new entrance, but with the style of midway buildings I want to do, I think something more like Compounce's would be more fitting. Not sure yet really.

Some more random artsy pics of the ride, since that drop one isn't very flattering:

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/boulderdas ... 489721803/

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:39 am

I just noticed, is the station based off of Prowler's?

Post February 19th, 2010, 1:42 am

It's based off pretty much every GCI that isn't themed. They all have the same rafters for the most part, which I tried to copy. It's pretty generic and unoriginal. The switchbacks inside might be kinda unique...but I'm just basing that off of real station layouts I've seen that seem to work well.

Post February 19th, 2010, 5:10 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
Names I can think of:
Revolver
Blockade
Outbreak

I dunno, these sound OK but that's my opinion. But Those supports are amazing.

Post February 19th, 2010, 9:49 am

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
So yeah, it's pretty obvious that the supports look great. But I really like the layout's progression. The use of terrain is very nice.

Post April 16th, 2010, 4:10 pm

So as soon as I get all the ledger beams on the new first drop done....I started reshaping it again. I'm just gonna go kill myself.

(the new new one is a lot better, and if the support adaptions aren't hard (I left the banking alone) I will be keeping it.)

Post April 16th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Originally posted by cool5

GCI Jet Coaster?

We all saw it coming.
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post April 16th, 2010, 8:09 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I'm currently building a fairly sizable woodie.... why does mine look so shitty in comparison to yours? [V]

Post May 4th, 2010, 7:12 pm

Just curious, but has any progress been made?
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post May 4th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Nope, lol. Not that much left to do on the ride side really, just too lazy to do it.

Oh...I do have a name in mind though.

Post May 4th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post June 29th, 2010, 2:15 am

So the first half is completely and fully finalized with the exception of kick boards and catwalk/handrail fixing which comes last, and maybe 10 boards tops that I'm too lazy/tired to place tonight but they're easy. Don't really have any pics to show what's been done recently, cause everything was little stuff for the most part to keep consistency up, but all in all it looks pretty nice. Second half still has some work to be done, but not much. After all the supports are done I'm giving myself like a month to do whatever 3ds I can get done within that time......so maybe a week + one month and it's done (unless I do what I usually do, and not touch it for 6 months after posting)?

Anyway, here's a pic since it's been a while since I posted one:

Oh, and last post was about the first drop...here's a pic of that all done up (besides catwalks and fixed handrails):

Post June 29th, 2010, 5:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post June 29th, 2010, 8:45 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
"The NOT GCI Jet Coaster" ? LOL

How about Outburst? Although I was gonna start working on a GCI with that name...but if you like that IDC. I like Outbreak too of the ones above.

Post June 29th, 2010, 9:47 am

Points on hand: 207.00 Points

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area