Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Fuji-Q 4D Coaster!

Fuji-Q 4D Coaster!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post January 16th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

haha i was right, i posted a topic about this a few months ago [LOL]

Post January 16th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
well sure tis awesome looking but what i meant to say is that it looks kinda boring

Post January 16th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I wasnt saying it was an X clone, i jut though it would be funny. And CK, X is not boring at all. Going straight down at the ground and flipping forwards at 70 mph. Then your lifted into the air while perpendicular to the track, then drop down. Then go up a hill and do a complete back flip at the top. The turn is the only boring part. Then do a half 0 g roll and flip the opposite way at the same time. Then do a half loop while adjusting to be perpendicular. Then do a half roll and flip the opposite way and end up at starting position. It rocks! Maybe these rides take so long to build is because it takes a long time to get th trains set up on spinning, manufacturing the huge track and supports, and comtrolling g's. Because its so special it takes more time i would think. I cant wait to see more of this ride!

Post January 16th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Where are the pictures? Did I miss something? (besides apparently the pictures[lol])

Post January 16th, 2006, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

^I think the site they were hosted on is having some troubles. I just uploaded them to wws.com though, so they should be visible now in the second post of this thread.

Post January 16th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

Well, isn't that nice? One more ride for SFDL to not get. [V] But I am happy to see another one out. I wonder how the competition will be when the UniCoaster and the Ball Coaster debut?

Post January 16th, 2006, 8:29 pm

^why would sfdl get it? I don't quite understand that..

Post January 16th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I'm just a person who wants his home park to get a coaster after 7 years.

Post January 16th, 2006, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

^another decent coaster at that[lol]kjk, ive never been there, but vekoma slc, bomerang, and an arrow, and a woodie(which ive heard isnt that great), isnt a great lineup. but there is S:ROS

anyways i feel for ya, BGW hast got a new coaster in 7 years and wont be getting one till 2007 [pdie] i nkow how it is.

on unrelated notice, the local skatepark owner(who i happen to be friends with) is in the consturuction business, and he told me that they have 2 big projects in 2007, one at BGW and one at PKD. i trust him, cuz thier company helped build Apollo's Chariot. anyways, shhhhhh dont tell

Post January 16th, 2006, 11:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

SFDL is also my home park (well, home chain park), and yes, the coaster lineup completely blows. SROS is actually one of the worst coasters I've ridden.

Post January 17th, 2006, 5:31 am
ncf User avatar

Points on hand: 2,394.00 Points
I read somewhere that this 4D will include a full 360 degree roll / flip, and the seats will rotate 360 degrees in the opposite direction while going through the flip[:D] And FYI, no coaster experience I've had has ever come even close to the ones I had on X[:D]

Post January 17th, 2006, 7:22 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points
I never rode X when i went to Magic Mountain last summer. HTe lime was killer and we had a hot summer so we were boiling and went home instead of standing in line for like 3 hours

Post January 17th, 2006, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

That sucks. I went June and only waiter for 30 minutes. Over spring break it was 45. But everything else was a walk on. Ive heard numerous places this ride will have a full full, and ive asloa heard of a 360 degree loop of some kind. I think a regular loop with flipping would be insane.

Post January 17th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points

Post January 17th, 2006, 3:05 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by ivannovitch

jeuj!

[lol], 500 points for an english speaking person to pronounce that correctly

Post January 17th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,564.00 Points
I have ridden X once and I thought it was a very good ride that was a few years back. I would love to see BPB put on in, the UK needs one. Good to see that the concept isn't dead know it's been a while but maybe S&S have made changes to the coaster trains to make it more reliable.

Post January 17th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by ivannovitch

jeuj!

[lol], 500 points for an english speaking person to pronounce that correctly

Gee-udge (phonetic)

And as to the uk 4d coaster prospects, not good. And if there was going to be one, BPB is the last place i'd want it to be put. It'd never be open, and the BPB maintenance record is hardly A standard.

Drayton Manor could use a new ride *conveniently forgets about G-Force*

Post January 17th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

SFDL is also my home park (well, home chain park), and yes, the coaster lineup completely blows. SROS is actually one of the worst coasters I've ridden.
Well, IMO SROS is awesome, and is my number 6 steel coaster out of about 40 or so I rode so far. That thing does have some impressive airtime freefall and G's, youhave to admit. I'm not saying that this thing rules absolutlely, because MF, Talon, Hydra, TTD and Storm Runner have beaten this. (MF being #5, SR being #1) It's a good coaster to call your "home hyper", although Sylvan Beach is really the closest park to me.

Post January 17th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
X is a one of a kind ride even so, if the same track layout was copied I wouldn't mind the ride deserves to be copied. I seriously wonder what type of improvements have been made since X was built. Hopefully most of the problematic stuff has been completly revamped to the point that it is near perfectiong. Lets hope that they got it all fixed so more of these will be built.

Post January 17th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

^^ that galaxy ride is pretty boring

anyways, yeah, my BGW 4 beats your SFDL 6 that suck[lol]

but yeah sfdl needs a B&M, or something new, anyways

it wont be a copy, i almost garuntee it

because x was built by arrow and this one by S&S, and its rare that 2 companys have copy rides. [edit] my bad, didnt arrow merge with S&S?[end edit]

and since its an S&S, it will hopefully be smoother, well atleast, i heard that X was fairly rough

Post January 17th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,977.00 Points

Guess I spoke too soon when I said that 4-D's were dead! Great to see that design continue on, it is really unique. I guess it will have to have major supports due to the earthquakes in Japan! I guess California isn't the only place. Why doesn't Cedar Point get one, they know they have to keep up.

Post January 17th, 2006, 10:44 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Man, I really want to see how much further S&S has pushed the design to become an idea ride for parks to buy.
X has major capacity problems, and some sever rufness issues. The front is fine, but I rode in the back seat recently, and I'm surprised no one has gotten a cuncussion from that thing yet. On the last backflip (I think they call it) it just hammers your head into the head rest about 100 times (an arrow trademark), and to say the least, it really ruined what would have been one of my best rides on it. It made it from a great ride into an ok ride. (And now I see why people complain why its not that great of a ride)
So here's to hoping they fixed the most important issues of the prototype... Capacity and smoothness.

Post January 18th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Post January 18th, 2006, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

That footprint looks and awful lot like a mirrored X!

Post January 18th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
/\ yeah but i thought X's looks a little bigger.

i love the supporting on these coasters, too. there's so much because those trains weigh 6 tons a piece. geesh

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!