Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Full Throttle @ Magic Mountain off ride and on ride POV with passengers

Full Throttle @ Magic Mountain off ride and on ride POV with passengers

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 23rd, 2013, 2:28 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Wow, that ride sucks in my opinion. SFMM after quantity and not quality once again.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 3:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
I wouldn't say it sucks. The hangtime on that loop is insane. Theres definitely some very good and down airtime up the hill on the second launch. Watch the reverse pov.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
They're wearing YOLO shirts...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post June 23rd, 2013, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^That was the slogan for this ride... for some reason.
Also, this ride doesn't look as cool as I was thinking it would definitely be... It looks weak.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah, other than the hangtime in the loop...it's god awful.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
The backwards launch actually looks fun. I don't quite understand all the hate for it.

Post June 23rd, 2013, 11:27 pm

It's an absolute piece of garbage. That's the reason for all of the hate. The launches suck, the elements suck, the pacing sucks. Here we have a simple case of a ride just not being good.

Post June 24th, 2013, 12:21 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
if thats real audio, there is way too many sounds going on before that backwards launch, and why does no one scream until after that part?
What are these for?

Post June 24th, 2013, 12:27 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Its an awful excuse for a ride. A waste of real estate imo. 30 seconds of mediocrity. If i only get to live once, im not gonna waste it in line for this thing.

Post June 24th, 2013, 1:10 am

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points
Well at least this ride will pull a good amount of people away from the actual good rides. I never thought a ride could feel so gimmicky, the "YOLO" stuff didn't help. I kept hoping they would put in a storm runner-like ride someday, but I guess that was stupid to hope for.

Post June 24th, 2013, 9:30 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I just don't understand the stopping in the tunnel part. I really feel like they could have braked it slightly, had it travel up the loop and fail, and then braked it again so it didn't make it over the twisty part, relaunched it, and it would use less electricity but whatever.

Also if this has this much hangtime Revolution NEEDS TO KILL THE OTSR's.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 24th, 2013, 11:22 am

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points

Post June 24th, 2013, 1:48 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

My favorite was how some TPR SFMM fanboys said the brakes at the end were a cool surprise because you're thrown forward at an angle.

Post June 24th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
It's terrible, unfortunately. I see on RCDB that it only has two trains, can someone confirm this for sure? And at 18 riders per train, can you imagine the terrible capacity that will have? The estimate of 800 riders per hour is WILDLY generous, and doesn't account for the horrible way the station crew is asked to waste as much time as possible. Six Flags contracted them and installed it on purpose because it will have insanely long lines, so they can market food, drinks, and souvenirs in the queue line.

Post June 25th, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I just don't understand the stopping in the tunnel part. I really feel like they could have braked it slightly, had it travel up the loop and fail, and then braked it again so it didn't make it over the twisty part, relaunched it

It's stunning how much that would actually improve the ride experience. It would flow more smoothly and feel more organic to riders than just having speed control ALL over the place on this ride. Full Throttle? More like Half Throttle Full Trimming...

Post June 25th, 2013, 12:13 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

It doesn't have any trim brakes. It goes fastest at the end because the track on top of the loop is the highest. I know when I have time later this will surely make for a great NL2 spinoff!

Post June 25th, 2013, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
I agree, it's not the greatest choice (by far) for six flags. But I have to say I am not overly displeased by it. Yes, it's a short ride, but I don't feel it is completely worthless.

^A NL2 spinoff would be really excellent actually!

Post June 25th, 2013, 4:28 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
I think it's worthless.

The ride is too short, pacing is bad, terrible placing of a reverse launch, music is annoying as crap and randomly cuts out after the backwards launch. Not to mention 2 trains.. I know this is Six Flags but they could have at least tried to make the ride fit in more like the others instead of being an obvious tourist/attention trap that it is.

Post June 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
As already expected, this ride wasn't going to be anything good and Six Flags still managed to disappoint me.

Originally posted by A.S.C.

I know this is Six Flags but they could have at least tried to make the ride fit in more like the others instead of being an obvious tourist/attention trap that it is.

Well, Six Flags is the one calling YOLO. So I assume this is their death sentence?
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 26th, 2013, 12:51 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
In the park's defense, I think it's a good addition to the eclecticism of the park, even though the quantity dominates the quality. They're going to profit off of the ride, and it looks fun regardless. Not great, not scary, just fun.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post June 26th, 2013, 7:03 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm just slightly disappointed because I thought it might be a sleeper before the POV was released. Then I saw that the turn/twist loop thing after the big loop wasn't as intense as I had hoped.

Post June 26th, 2013, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

^Yeah, it just kind of crawls through there, and then the hill on top of the loop was a BIG miss. Lame.

Post June 26th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 2,289.00 Points

Most of you here seem like you haven't ridden this yet.. It's a case of judging a book by it's cover. I had 3 rides yesterday, back, middle, and front. Front ride at night was probably the most fun I've ever had on a roller coaster. Hang time on the loop is ridiculous, feels like you are going to rollback... the light show at night really adds to the excitement, and the backwards launch actually works great because you anticipate heading back into the the tunnel for a second time. One of my favorite parts was the 2nd forward launch. Great burst of speed into the top hat.

and like A113.. the public will love this ride. I did not see one rider get off disappointed. Although I did not see any roller coaster enthusiast ;]

I think if you give this ride a chance, you'll be pleasantly surprised. But for now, keep whining about it haha..

Got some off-ride footage from yesterday. Notice the general public's reaction in the background.. all positive.

Post June 27th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 190.00 Points
Obviously you guys have not ridden Full Throttle yet. I have ridden the ride 4 times and it just got better each and every time. Yesterday I was evacuated from the ride and was given 2 exit ride passes for our group. Later at around 8:30 and 9:45(after the park closed) we rode Full Throttle again in the back and my gosh is it an amazing ride. When you sit in the back you literally HANG out of your seat for 6 seconds on the loop! Try with your hands up and you literally are hanging by your lap bar. Then it twists up the mountain and you hang while slowly crawling into the dive loop where you get some good hangtime. Then you stop inside the tunnel. Its amazing with the lights and music. When you hear "3...2...1...enjoy the ride" then "ALL ABOARD!" it just makes it all more exciting. Then you are blasted backwards into the dive loop again. When sitting in the back, you just hang upside down and again stay off your seat. Then going back into the tunnel, you really feel the acceleration of the 3rd launch to get you over the loop. I believe that the "Top Hat" element is the best! You get MASSIVE ejector airtime where you are literally THROWN into the seat in front of you. The whole ride is an amazing experience and definitively in my top 5 coasters out of all of them I have ridden. I agree that they could have made it longer but it is still an amazing addition to the park. My description and the onride POVs do not do the ride justice at all. This is definitely the coaster with the most air/hang time I have ever been on. You need to ride this thing now!

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!