Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! GCI wooden coaster at Wanda (Nanchang) Culture Tourism City

GCI wooden coaster at Wanda (Nanchang) Culture Tourism City

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

It is suppose to go 124MPH.

http://www.wanda-group.com/2013/chairmannews_0924/500.html

Wuxi Municipal Government and the Wanda Group finalized an arrangement to start a mega cultural tourism project in Wuxi, East China's Jiangsu Province on September 24, 2013.

The Wuxi Wanda Cultural Tourism City will be Wanda's eighth cultural tourism investment in China and is predicted to break ground in the 4th quarter this year and open in 2017. Others include the Changbaishan International Resort, Wuhan Central Cultural District, Xishuangbanna International Resort, Harbin Wanda Cultural Tourism City, Nanchang Wanda Cultural Tourism City, Qingdao Oriental Movie Metropolis and the Hefei Wanda Cultural Tourism City.

Situated in Binhu District, the project encompasses 140 hectares. Out of the 30 billion yuan total financial investment, 21 billion yuan is going to be used on cultural tourism projects. It's expected to accommodate about 20 million guests every year. The Wuxi Wanda Cultural Tourism City will assimilate cultural, tourism, business and hotel projects into one.

The cultural development will incorporate a large stage show, a movie park and a film city. The stage show, highlighting Wuxi's local customs, is directed by earth's famous theater artist Franco Dragone. The movie park has a 3D motion theater where visitors take a 6-DOF dynamic seat to relish a stimulating experience in a 3 dimensional world. At the 3D interactive cinema "Legend of Heroes", guests slug it out with digital monsters.

The tourism section includes an indoor child's theme park, an extreme sports gym, and a large outdoor amusement park. The indoor children's amusement park, the single one in the world, combines learning with entertainment. The extreme sports gym supplies facilities for car racing, snorkeling, surfing and gliding. The outdoor amusement park covers 70 hectares and feature a 150 meter high and 200 kilometer per hour roller coaster.

The City will additionally include a 120,000 sqm commercial center which will act as an axis of the entire project. The hotel area covers 40 hectares and will include a super five-star hotel, a five-star hotel, two four-star hotels and three theme designed hotels. The hotels combined will have 3,500 rooms. The bar street will include more than 20 famous bar brands from China and overseas.
The project is expected to create 30,000 jobs, produce over 500 million yuan in annual taxes and generate yearly revenue of 6 billion yuan.

When finished, the project will significantly contribute to Wuxi's brand value and promote Wuxi to one of the earth's distinguished tourism cities.

Post November 19th, 2013, 6:37 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I know the article says that it will be going 200 km/h but we can safely assume that this is a typo and that they could have meant 100 km/h, which is a much more realistic speed.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post November 19th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
I think the article is referring to a different coaster as it also says 150m tall, which would correspond well with the 200kph speed if it had a conventional lift and drop if the train was properly streamlined and it was traveling at a decent clip over the top.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post November 19th, 2013, 9:45 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Beginning 1/3 looks worthless but the rest should be great
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post November 20th, 2013, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post November 20th, 2013, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post November 20th, 2013, 2:23 am

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points
I think this layout would not good as Mountain Flyer/Wood Coaster at Knight Valley

Post November 20th, 2013, 3:58 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah, reminds me of Boss a bit too, along with Mountain Flyer and Boulder Dash. Looks solid to me...of course it's not radically different from the next GCI in style, but that's by design. The quality is there if you ask me. I think it'll be a blast...family friendly yet thrilling all at the same time...and I could say the exact same about Boulder Dash, which I think is an excellent ride. I'd like to try a newer GCI...Lightning Racer is the newest I've been on, and while it's fun, obviously there are much wilder GCI coasters out there.

Post November 20th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Mountain Flyer looks a lot better but this looks good too. Unfortunately I keep feeling like it looks good because it's big and long, not because it's a great design. I do like the WTF ending though but still not feeling this one. Mountain Flyer looks completely awesome compared to this.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!