Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFOG 2018 - Twisted Cyclone: RMC Georgia Cyclone

SFOG 2018 - Twisted Cyclone: RMC Georgia Cyclone

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 28th, 2017, 12:48 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Once you see the grey in person it actually looks really nice. White supports on Wicked Cyclone would look absolutely hideous and ruin the whole storm theme they have going on since it would be too bright.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 29th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

It's official! (not really) In a recent CoasterNet video, they made a connection with the Game of Thrones references. In the last teaser from SFOG, a creepy looking dude lays his hand on presumably an old car from the Cyclone. If this is correct, this is a reference to the Night King, which lays his hands on something dead to make it come back to life! So this could be saying that the creepy dude (night king) is bringing the Cyclone back to life! The blue and white rings represent the blue eyes, and the dragon represents a Dragon in GoT that was killed and brought back!
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Paradox User avatar

Six Flags Over Georgia to Debut Twisted Cyclone Hybrid Roller Coaster
Wood and Steel Thrill Coming in 2018
Six Flags Over Georgia???the Thrill Capital of the South???today announces the all-new Twisted Cyclone roller coaster will arrive in 2018. Twisted Cyclone will offer guests the best of both worlds???a classic wooden structure combined with a modern, steel track for multiple inversions and a smoother, more thrilling riding experience.

???Six Flags was the first in the industry to introduce this hybrid technology and Twisted Cyclone is a shining example of Six Flags innovation at its very best. Year after year, our park keeps delivering unique thrills for all ages and this state-of-the-art hybrid coaster is an absolute game-changer,??? said Park President Dale Kaetzel. ???Our guests are going to be blown away by the unbelievable features of this coaster.???

Twisted Cyclone highlights also include:

An insanely steep 75-degree initial drop from nearly 100 feet into a jaw-dropping reverse cobra roll sending riders perpendicular to the ground;
Three hair-raising upside down inversions and 10 airtime moments along 2,400 feet of track at speeds of 50 miles per hour;
The feeling of weightlessness through a 360-degree zero gravity roll;
One-of-a-kind custom coaster trains modeled after a classic 1960's sports convertible; and
A smoother, sleeker, more intense ride than ever before.
Construction on Twisted Cyclone is underway and the ride is expected to debut in the spring of 2018.

Six Flags Over Georgia is also announcing the start of 2018 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year??? savings up to 70% off on a 2018 Pass!

August 31 through September 4, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2017 season (including park admission to Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park) plus all of 2018. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2018 All Season Drink Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park and Six Flags White Water.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

It's soooo short. But other than that, it doesn't really seem too bad. Not nearly as good as Wicked Cyclone, but it still doesn't seem bad.

And what's the theme? What's with the convertible? I'm so confused. Excited, but confused.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I know I'll still enjoy it, but it's a shame it's such a budget RMC conversion after seeing what's possible even with a limited layout like Hurler. Steel Vengeance isn't a fair comparison, but I'm giving Twisted Timbers the advantage over this.

I started looking into it, and I don't think it is structurally possible to have that second lap without adding wood to the back of the two large turnarounds. The problem here is that there is no space to add any wood because of the train being too close to the first one, and the sidewalk into the park being directly behind the second one. Now they could have shifted the road and sidewalk into the park and redone the entrance and toll booths since it severely needs it, but that's probably just a little bit too much at the moment.

Paradox User avatar

It looks like it will be fun but I think this is the first time I prefer the original ride to the new one. I'm very sad Georgia Cyclone was closed for this.

I'm also curious to see if they will actually paint the supports brown or leave them as white.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
The reverse cobra roll and outerbanked wave turn look like two of the coolest elements on an RMC coaster IMO. But they cut it way too short, it could have made another lap. If it packed in some more airtime and twists it probably could have been up there in terms of RMC's. However it was cut too short. I love Wicked Cyclone, it's my favorite steel coaster. That's because of its load of airtime and laterals. If Twisted Cyclone had another lap featuring some inner and outer banks as well as 10-12 more airtime moments, maybe another inversion I'd consider it one of the strongest RMC layouts out there. Those first two elements are amazing, the rest looks overwhelming. I love the aesthetic of it though. Love the logo, love the colors, love the trains and the name.

^I think that's what we were all hoping for, and I think that's why so many people were disappointed. That's surely what I wanted, but hey, six flags over georgia is getting a RMC. I'm done complaining until I ride it.

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Should have just topper tracked it. Original design was perfection (when well maintained). This is shite. Worst RMC design by far.

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
Hypehypehype

Never been on a RMC so I'm pretty hyped for this, even if Cyclone was a good coaster.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I guess that real thing will charm riders but the simulation does look awful - jarring... :|
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I certainly wouldn't be rushing to make this my first RMC, but that first two elements do look cool. Lacks straight up airtime though.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
What a horrible layout. All these pointless overbanked turns, even when the height and speed doesn't allow it, they're still doing it.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Paradox User avatar

This photo makes me angry on so many levels. What a waste of a good ride.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

I hope Schilke pulls a Wicked Cyclone and adds an unexpected element pre-construction.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Paradox wrote:

In a way it reminds me of Google's 2012-2013 changes to YouTube. More about being cosmetic and hip than actually improving upon.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm wondering how white it'll actually end up being.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox wrote:

I did enjoy Georgia Cyclone this summer when I rode it and personally didn't understand the hate. I ended up hating Great American Scream Machine more, and while I enjoyed this ride and wish they might have done a bit more Justice to the layout, but I think what they have is an enjoyable ride. Noones ridden in yet, so I don't think anyone can truly judge. Don't judge a coaster by it's animated POV

Paradox User avatar

Trains!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox User avatar

It's vertical!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
I mean......wasn't it technically already?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Twisted Cyclone has been topped off!
TwistedCycloneTopped.PNG

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Interesting. They usually top these out last. They probably need the drop done too before they can add the 90 degree banked air turny thing over it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!