Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Getting textures in No Limits

Getting textures in No Limits

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 23rd, 2007, 9:32 am

Points on hand: 1,712.00 Points
Hi all, as you can see this is my first post here.
I've been getting used to No Limits and can say that it's a great program. Havin' downloaded many tracks, here and elsewhere, I decided it was time for some 3D objects. Like many excellent track's over here have.
Now making the objects(I use 3Ds MAX 9) isn't a problem, it just takes some time to make them. But when I bring them in too the editor and then simulator, they are plain white or grey.
Now my question is : How come ?
I've read trough many forums but none have helped me. I know the textures for the object need to be in the objectfolder and that they have to be in .jpg format.
Am I doing something wrong in 3D max or is it something else.

I hope anyone could help me, I'm happy to give points, although I don't exactly know how that works.

So, can....anyone help me..???

Post March 23rd, 2007, 11:46 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

how long are the file names of the textures? sometimes longer names of textures aren't read with the 3ds files. Also, make sure that the name of the texture you are using in 3dsmax is EXACTLY the same as the one in the object folder.

Post March 23rd, 2007, 12:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,712.00 Points
I knew that and checked it again. The name of the texture is 'alumox'.
So that's 6 characters long. No problem there. (I think)
I tell 3D Max to get the texture from the objectfolder, so I don't think there's anything wrong there either.
I'm new at 3D Max so it could be just that.

EDIT: I've managed to solve it,[:D]

So thank's for the help anyway's.

Return to No Limits Coaster