Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Giga Project

Giga Project

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 9th, 2005, 10:55 am

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
Okay, I said I'd do this yesterday, but I ended up going out of town for Mother's Day, so I'll do it today.

Lift and first drop are done.

Post May 9th, 2005, 10:57 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Ya know Tyler, you mentioned with your supports that you need to know the code to use them.

Would it be possible to write the code for each "style" (like obviously here) and then packaging it up as a small tool? Its a small start in the right direction but those look great and it would certainly make these quicker and easier since they arent hard, just super tedious.

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:00 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

tyler,

supports look REALLY realistic so far, but make sure you have a connection to the track where the middle bracing is. (that big thing 200 feet high connecting the four towers).

and just to let you know, im gonig to down rate for where your enterance is, no elevator lift system in the world has their station away from the lift, as in the cable always comes into the station and lifts the guy, you coaster doesnt have that b/c there is track between the station and the lift. just an idea for you to change if you cared about .5 points.

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:26 am

Who said it's an elevator lift? No reason whatsover a chain wouldn't work just 100% fine.

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:29 am

well for realisticness then, i expect to see two chains if this coaster is over 275 feet high ;)

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:31 am

But you cant have the chains overlap, so thats pointless. Isnt that getting a wee bit too picky now? Thats like you are just looking for things to rate down on.

Tyler, hit me back about the support-creator thing I mentioned.

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:31 am

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:35 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

says the guy that spends all day clearly making NL coasters [:P]

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:36 am

Exactly, I do something, *gasp* constructive, while tards like him sit around doing nothing but making snide comments. Plus, I'm on summer break now. Not like I got anything better to do at the moment...

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:43 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:52 am

tyler, omg, seriously, i was nice and just trying to help you from people who down rate for stupid things. im not one of them. you just turned a little, nice suggestion into a flaming hating comment.
and tards like me? seriously, that is not only uncalled for, but totally inaccurate. are you at my home right now watching what im doing? no. you know i was actually building a coaster as we speak, just like you.
and get a life? i go places, i leave my house, i do things. i dont spend my entire day making a track in NL unlike you. and your on summer break, well healthy things like riding a bike, or a job, or a social life are things you could do too instead of hurting your eyes looking at a screen for 10 hours a day.

your comments you made towards me were just plain ass rude.

real, that is not looking things to downrate on, it is for the purpose of creating a track that is close to realistic as possible. and it is not hard to make a lift with two chains. lets say a lift is 100 meters long. for the first 49.95 m, you have a lift, then for the next .1 m, you have a transport that will not even show up in the sim, for the remaing 49.95 m you have the second half of the lift. that's what they basically did for Steel Dragon 2000.

Post May 9th, 2005, 11:59 am

That was only done on Steel Dragon (And Dragon Mountain 15 years before...) so they could have 2 trains on the lift at once. Since my lift is both steeper and faster than SD, not an issue.

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

i was nice and just trying to help you from people who down rate for stupid things. im not one of them.

Really? Then why did you say you would rate him down for it?

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:02 pm

but isnt unrealistic to have the chain be more than 600 ft? and cant you only go up to around 9 mph on a chain or im i missing something here? i always thought SD2000 did it b/c it was impossible for the chain to be that long or something. who cares, i was just trying to help you.

IF, when i said that, i meant people who rate down b/c there are 7 gates, but 8 cars. or the people who downrate for tools.

downrating b/c it is not realistic is okay imo.

but a debate is not why were here, were here to watch the construction of a cool coaster.

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:09 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Can I point out something to do with the supports on the drop, I don't know if I'm right or not, but should the drop itself be supported more? Shouldn't those horizontal box supports carry on going until they connect with the drop? Just a thought, probably wrong [lol]

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:11 pm

Well, for one, my chain is only ~450ft, and speed is limited only by the strength of the motor.

Superman at SFNE is only about 80ft shorter than my ride, and gets along just fine with a chain. Just because [insert real company here] does something a certain way certainly doesn't mean it's the only, or even best way to do something. With their record over the last few years, both in terms of fatal accidents and downtime, I think Intamin has shown that they really AREN'T very good at mechanical engineering.

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Goliath in Walibi World has a cable lift that doesn't start out of the station.

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:24 pm

the 450, how did you get that to be your chain length? it should be 900 feet unless your coaster only travels 225 feet on the lift, which means the height of this is way under 225, more like 110 feet.

to get the rough length of the chain you have to multiply the length of the lift segment by two.

the 600 i got was from a lift hill 300 feet long. and now that i ponder that, it should be more closer to 750 for a max lenght of one segmented lift. anyways, who cares. lets just drop this, im tired of posting lengthy explanations, makes my brain hurts, and my fingers are hurting alot too b/c i have to press back space a lot cause i suck typing.

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:43 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Yeah, you should drop it Ragan, and dont give us this pain poop in your hands...

Post May 9th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by ragan

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1565.htm?picture=43

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1565.htm?picture=45

yeah it does, sorry.

Sorry, i dont know if im right here, so dont have a go at me, but i thought that Goliath had a trnport segmen or something that powers it on to the straight section of the lift, then the cable lift takes over. I hope you get what i mean there. [lol] Im probably wrong anyways.

Anyway tyler, your ride looks great. And honestly i wouldnt like to be making a track everyday as it takes too much time, but tyler does have this support thing so it doesnt take him as long, and its up to him what he does with his holidays.

And BTW read gouldys post, he is right i think, that horizntal line of supports on the lift should connect to the drop shouldnt it????

Post May 9th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Post May 9th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post May 9th, 2005, 1:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Hehe, the first actual mention of the ride for a while, it does look nice. I'd love to know how you've done that with the auto-support thing, sounds intereting.

Post May 9th, 2005, 3:38 pm

jpecool: The cable couldnt work that way. The train has to be stationary because theres a pin/lever that flips up and hooks to the train. On MF the cable comes back down while the train is sitting in the station. Before they send it up, the cable backs up about 5ft and you hear a nice metal "clank" and then the cable slides forward about 2ft and then catches on the train, hauling it up.

If anything there could be a straight peice but the cable would still be retracted back into the station and just pull it from there.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area