Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion GMail Drive

GMail Drive

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 6th, 2004, 7:46 am

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage media.

GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/downloads/gmailfs.zip

Cool i have a extra 1 giga byte to have!

Post October 7th, 2004, 4:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,800.00 Points

i dunno, seems pointless and unsecure to me, if you can easily access it what stops them from easily accessing you? And do you really want your files being hosted by someone where they can easily look at them whenever they want? I know I don't

Post October 7th, 2004, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post October 7th, 2004, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

sounds pretty easy to hack, I'm not downloading it

Post October 7th, 2004, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,167.00 Points
Well I downloaded it, and it really is an awesome tool. For reasons pointed out, I'm not going to put the Lightning Wheels source code up there, or anything I need to protect, but for storing something simple that doesn't matter to me, it's great! I've even started storing some of my music on it. If you have a Gmail account, I would recommend it as you're getting an extra gig of storage. Just don't put anything sensitive on it (that's common sense though [;)]).

Post October 8th, 2004, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

hmmm...i have plenty on unused space on my comp but if i were to download not sure if i really have anything to put on it, maybe i'll just use it as a backup drive

Return to Off Topic Discussion