Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Great Adventure Has Improved Greatly.

Great Adventure Has Improved Greatly.

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 14th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Well after my last visit i am speechless about how much Great Adventure has improved this season. I thought that going on a summer weekend for 5 hours was gonna be a complete waste of time like in past years. Boy was I wrong. The parking lot was completely full. The park was beyond packed. However, I did not wait more than 30 minutes for any ride including Ka which i only waited 25 minutes for. The only ride closed was Chiller because its done for the season so they can redo the electrical systems and fix anything else so that it can become reliable. and Every single coaster was running all of its trains, they were all going crazy with dispatch times, and running with minimal stacking. The atmosphere was greatly improved and the maintenance was much better. Most of the rides had new restraint padding, they weren't breaking down and the loading procedures looked like they have been revised. The employees were friendlier and motivated. The park was cleaner and the smoking policy is enforced better than anywhere I have seen. They actually have lines on the paths to show how far they can go from the sign and an ordinance which fines anyone who breaks this rule. Red zone and Mark Shapiro are doing the chain wonders.

Post August 14th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Wow, sounds as if you had a great time! I wish I lived in a countrey with at least one amusement park...

Post September 10th, 2007, 12:13 am

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
I have to agree blackhand1001. I was extremely suprised to find short lines at SFGAdv. Back in June or so, I expected to visit the park, redeem my season pass, get on a couple of flats and maybe...maybe one coaster and then leave for the shore. It was a beautiful day out, I fully expected the place to be clogged with people. Instead I never waited more than 20 minutes and got on all of the big coasters (except Chiller.) Definately an improvement. Now all they need to do is get some more flatrides before the place turns into an all coaster park.

Post September 27th, 2007, 10:42 pm

OK, they're getting rid of Chiller now and adding in a spinning roller coaster and not a flatride. SF is once again on my bad side...[:(!]

EDIT:

I may as well use this topic to post some GAdv flatride removals:
-Musik Express and Bumper Cars, along with the entire Old Country section are gone.
-Fantasy Fling (the Round-Up) is gone.

While none of these flats were all that great, they were still flatrides. They could have at least replaced them with another flat instead of abandoning the Old Country and turning FF into a giant smoking area.

Post March 8th, 2008, 1:32 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Who says FF was a giant smoking area? That was just something dumb someone said.

I too hate that they removed Chiller, but with it's operations you can't say it was completely unwarranted. Yeah it was popular, and I absolutely loved it, but at the same time it really looked bad when people would go, want to ride, spend 2 hrs in line, and not always be able to get on.

At least there's Kingda Ka, it's pretty satisfying to me lol.

Post March 8th, 2008, 1:36 am

No, no I didn't mean it like that. lol. I mean FF is now a giant smoking area. I probably should have linked this photo of the new park map:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3237/picture3lz3.png

There's a smoking icon where FF used to be! Now it really is a big smoking area. lol

BTW, I'm looking at the map again and it looks like the Space Shuttle is gone too!

Post March 8th, 2008, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Oh... wow that's a very high concentration of smoking areas around there haha, I apologize...you're right. I had seen someone's drawing on gadv.com of a giant smoking area on that side of the park and thought you might be referring to that.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions