Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Group Coaster Project! (request)

Group Coaster Project! (request)

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 29th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 64.00 Points
Hello!!! I have been thinkin about thisfor the last.... well 5 minutes.... and I think that it would be fun to create a coaster with somebody else. We could each bui;d a section of the track, and work off of each other, and see what turns out. Or we could plan the layout fully, and assign each part of the track to one another.

I am limiting myself to work with 3 people so I don't get confused lol. I am aiming for someone that can also create 3ds and i want this ride to be a very big one.

I still don't know the ttrack type yet, but I was thinking of either a wooden coaster (preferrably GCI or GG), an Intamin (any type), or a Vekoma. (I haven't built a Vekoma in like 3 months.)

If you are interested, comment on this topic or send me a PM. We will start as soon as possible.

Post December 29th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
If your wiling to wait a bit, I think this could be a cool concept for a contest. Sort of like a contest the defunct CoasterSims did a while ago.

Post December 29th, 2009, 8:58 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

^ That would be an interesting contest, you should make one... preferably sometime after new-years
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 29th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Oh, yeah that sounds awesome! It made me think of the three blind mice competition. But if you make a contest over this, you have to make sure that you credit me for idea!! (I do not like it when I am not credited for what I have thought up or done.)

I don't understand why I can't make a group coaster still, and you an still make a contest over it.It wouldn't chage the contest in any way I don't think.

Post December 29th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
You can do it, I was just thinking of it from, a contest stand point.

Post December 29th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Yeah. So I can still make one and you can still make a contest?

Post December 29th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
^I believe you have the power--your idea--if you don't feel a contest is needed. I like the idea either way. I'd say do the contest how it is originally set up from CS.com, where one does the entire track, two does the supporting and the third does 3ds/Scenery etc.

I don't really have much time myself with my Riddler project going. But I don't see why others would not be interested in just a single ride.

What I think will help get interest, is to think about it more than 5 minutes, so we have a general idea of what you are seeing in your head. Track type, the 3 of you can figure out. What height, speed, length, inversions(if any), time frame for project? Things like that I think would be helpful.

Hope this helps you out.

Post December 29th, 2009, 9:27 pm

I totally feel like a contest is needed. But I don't have the patience to wait for the contest to be made. So I thought I could still make a group coaster and somebody could still make a contest.

But I think that it should be where each person could do any equal amount, such as 1/3 of supports, 1/3 of trackwork, and 1/3 of 3ds scenery (if any).

Or what would be awewsome is if I (being myself lol) could make the contest, and not one of you lol no offense. I tihnk it would still be a great contest either way.

Post December 29th, 2009, 10:16 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
i'd be happy to work on a group project. i can't do scenery but i would gladly help with trackwork, cartextures, or supports. i also have a bunch of coasters that i threw in the trash because i couldn't figure out how to finish them (sort of like writers block with coasters) if they would help.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post December 29th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Great! I already have a name picked out if you care to use it. It is Miedo and it means fear in Spanish. Or I thought that we could maybe do a roller coaster sort of like Rock n' Roller Coaster, except it is just based around music. It wouldn't have to be launched or anything. It would include a great deal of theming and 3ds, but that isn't cool for me. Lol.
Send me a PM of what type of track and stats and stuff. Or you can post it right here.

Post December 30th, 2009, 6:26 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
from what I read in the first lines it almost sounds like a track tennis. 24 hours for the taker to create ONE new element, a bit of supporting, choosing a color, doing some 3ds. As soon as something is done, it can't be edited afterwards. If someone is late: Too bad and someone else can take a turn.

It would be cool to see something like that hosted again but the problem is the place to see where to host all versions of the trackfiles. Riscit used to host them on his site and webhost but I think that's gone right now.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post December 30th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Oh, well I wasn't really going for that, but that sounds like a good idea to. But it would be hard for me to do all that in 24 hours because I have to come to my dads to use NL. I am right now though.

I think that I want to host an official contest based around this idea. I already have all the requirements written down and I think that I can manage it with the help of somebody else or 2 other people. The manufacturer of each type of track would be either Intamin or B&M. I really think that members on this site would really like the idea. So do I have the permission to make one? Oh, and it wouldn't be until the Compact B&M Hyper coaster contest was over and results were posted of course.

Post December 30th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Sure, have a couple people and yourself make a ride together. Sure, have a contest involving group work, but:

Originally posted by SkyLindlar

you have to make sure that you credit me for idea!! (I do not like it when I am not credited for what I have thought up or done.)

You thought up multiple people creating a roller coaster together? *Checks registration date...

Post December 30th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Yes..... I thought that up....? Lol, why check my registration date?

Post December 31st, 2009, 12:06 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
The idea of a joint coaster is not new. Therefor, you would not be credited with the idea as you did not create it.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post December 31st, 2009, 12:37 am

Post December 31st, 2009, 12:41 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Originally posted by SkyLindlar

Yes..... I thought that up....? Lol, why check my registration date?

i got this great idea for a light that doesnt involve fire i'm thinking maybe if i run electricity through some sort of heavy metal filament inside of a vacuum encased by glass it would produce safe efficient lighting .. who's with me!?

Post December 31st, 2009, 12:48 am

^ :P Seriously, I didn't even remember anything like it at the time of posting until Tetsu mentioned the CS contest which reminded me of the TBM competition.

Return to No Limits Coaster